Movies: Avengers : Infinity War

Sep 19, 2008
I get the feeling that if I order tickets the day before on Wednesday (usually see on Thursday release night) they might be sold out.

The hype is mad.

Might order tickets tomorrow.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
it seems like the flow of the film is

Act 1 - New York (Iron Man, Spidey, Strange)
Act 2 - Wakanda (Cap takes Vision there to safeguard the mind stone)
Act 3 - Titan

im also leaning towards Thanos only having 2 stones in Wakanda being a fake-out, since Marvel has edited stuff out fo trailer before. I think he may have 3 by then.

I also REALLY want the movie to end Empire style and have Thanos gather all the stones, snap his finger and straight to black. big ol' cliffhanger has to what happens next (since I think Ant-Man and the Wasp may actually be a prequel to Infinity War)

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

Today in stupid people on the internet :laugh:

God...I really liked Black Panther but Iron Man has been there since the start and is in many ways the leader of the Avengers along with Cap.

edit: Looking over that twitter account, seems to be a troll account.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Act 3 - Titan

im also leaning towards Thanos only having 2 stones in Wakanda being a fake-out, since Marvel has edited stuff out fo trailer before. I think he may have 3 by then.

I also REALLY want the movie to end Empire style and have Thanos gather all the stones, snap his finger and straight to black. big ol' cliffhanger has to what happens next (since I think Ant-Man and the Wasp may actually be a prequel to Infinity War)

Some videos I've seen on Youtube suggest Act 2 or 3 is on Xandar.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Either way I expect this movie to either beat Avatar at the box office or come in at a close 2nd.
I assume you're talking domestically and not Avatar's World Wide cume of $2.8B? :laugh:

All it needs is a $300m OW and an above average non-summer multi to match it domestically.

I give IW about a 10% chance of matching Avatar domestically and a 0.1% chance of matching it WW, to be honest.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I assume you're talking domestically and not Avatar's World Wide cume of $2.8B? :laugh:

All it needs is a $300m OW and an above average non-summer multi to match it domestically.

I give IW about a 10% chance of matching Avatar domestically and a 0.1% chance of matching it WW, to be honest.

I think Deadpool 2 opening on May 18th will harm it's box office for multiple weekends, depending on how successful the reshoots have been.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
I wonder if that scene with starlord jumping on platforms with steps to the side is the vision tony saw in AoU

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

I think it will depend on how good it ends up being. I think it should pass the two previous Avengers and will end up as the top grossing Marvel movie to date. That being said being in the top 4-5 all time will be hard.

Last edited:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I think Deadpool 2 opening on May 18th will harm it's box office for multiple weekends, depending on how successful the reshoots have been.
Reshoots of Deadpool?

People seem to think they did some reshoots because of the movie being "bad" but seems that it tested well and the only real complaint was people wanted more Domino and Cable which what the reshoots were for.

Reactions: NyQuil

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Domestically for sure, and while Avengers doesn't have the reach that Cameron does, it could still do very well worldwide.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Reshoots of Deadpool?

People seem to think they did some reshoots because of the movie being "bad" but seems that it tested well and the only real complaint was people wanted more Domino and Cable which what the reshoots were for.

Rogue One had reshoots and it ended up fine.

Reactions: Baby Punisher

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Doesn't he become Ronin?
Would be interesting to see if they go that route. Some are speculating they might but only in Avengers 4 based on a set photo that showed him in a costume that looks like the Ronin one, at least the part that we could see.

gallery-1509018992-ronin-hawkeye-clint-barton-marvel.jpg

The set pick below shows similar leg guards

gallery-1509013312-jeremy-renner-avengers-4.jpg

Reactions: Deen

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto

Act 3 - Titan

Switch Acts 2 and 3. With Act 1 leading into Titan

Seems like Thanos is gonna defeat Group 1 Avengers then shows up in Wakanda for the last 2 stones.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Doesn't he become Ronin?
Not supposed to be till the next 4th Avengers film apparently.

I'm just sick of one the Top-3 Avengers of all-time being relgated to no screen time ever.

Last edited:

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram

Act 3 - Titan

What i wonder is how is he gonna get his hands on the Reality Stone which is with the Collector ? Because if the trailer is not misleading us then it seems that he get doesn't have it when he come to earth. He has the power stone and the space stone which likely mean that he made a stop in Xandar to retrieve the power stone and got the space stone from Loki , probably aboard that spaceship. Then again he does have the space stone so i guess he probably can just open a portal to the Collector place , f*** shit up , take the reality stoone and take the portal back to earth. Also assuming your act order is correct :

Act 1 : Time stone
Act 2 : Mind Stone
Act 3 : Soul Stone ? The only one we never saw so if the last act in on Titan i gotta assume that it,s where the soul stone is.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I'm just sick of one the Top-3 Avengers of all-time being relgated to no screen time ever.

He’s not really Top 3 though.

Maybe in old comic book minutiae he has been an important character, but in practical terms him and black widow occupy pretty much the same level of superhero signifficance; basically filler. I think Hawkeye been utilized almost perfectly considering how underpowered his shtick is in relation to the actual Top 3 Avengers of Thor, Cap and Iron-Man. He’s a special agent, not a superhero.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

Maybe in old comic book minutiae he has been an important character, but in practical terms him and black widow occupy pretty much the same level of superhero signifficance; basically filler. I think Hawkeye been utilized almost perfectly considering how underpowered his shtick is in relation to the actual Top 3 Avengers of Thor, Cap and Iron-Man. He’s a special agent, not a superhero.

Though at this point if you ignored comic book lore and followed the natural progression of the MCU he should have a power suit of some sort making him a proper superhero.

Reactions: Pilky01

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005

Yeah, you're just a movie fan. And that's fine. But you don't know the Hawkeye I'm talking about, so your comment has no bearing on what I'm saying.

Not to mention, Marvel themselves listed Hawkeye as the 2nd Greatest Avenger of all-time, only behind Captain America.

Naming Hawkeye alongside Black Widow is a disgrace, to be honest. She isn't even a Top-10 Avenger of all-time, even if you include the movies.

A few Hawkeye accomplishments;
  • Hawkeye has lead multiple versions of the Avengers.
  • Hawkeye has been named as an official Captain America.
  • Hawkeye, of all people, was the one ( with The Flash), to save the Avengers and the Justice League from a cosmic threat. Hell,
  • Hawkeye is the only comic character who has been officially inducted as a member of the Justice League and the Avengers.
  • Saved multiple Avengers and single handedly defeated The Collector.
  • Has beat Captain America hand to hand.
The Hawkeye we've gotten was somewhat based off the Ultimate version of the character... but mostly in look. Ultimate Hawkeye was a bad-ass who killed villains with his fingernails and decapitated Black Widow (who killed his family). Nick Fury called him the only Avenger that was worth a damn in that universe.

Real Hawkeye is a sarcastic yet loyal character, who stands up to authority but will always follow his heart. Civil War was the closest thing we've got to the real Hawkeye.

Reactions: Voight

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Hawkeye was a great comic character. He just doesn't have that marketing value as per say a hulk, iron man or captain America. It's all about the $$

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Hawkeye was a great comic character. He just doesn't have that marketing value as per say a hulk, iron man or captain America. It's all about the $$

This explains it the best. Theres just not enough pizzazz about a guy who shoots arrows, especially when his contemporaries have super strength, robot suits or can transform into a monster.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
This explains it the best. Theres just not enough pizzazz about a guy who shoots arrows, especially when his contemporaries have super strength, robot suits or can transform into a monster.
I disagree. He just needed to be written right. I mean all characters on the same power level as him (he's actually above Captain America in the comics) have much better things to do in the Marvel Extended Universe. Widow, Punisher, Daredevil.

If you write a character poorly, that's what's going to happen. People were absolutely jacked about Hawkeye after his Thor cameo. Then The Avengers comes and he's basically just a cop with a bow.

True story was that Hawkeye was a huge part of the original script but when Whedon came in he cut a bunch of Hawkeye stuff, turned him bad, and gave Widow more screen time.

Just an example - my best friends daughter's favourite character in the TV Show Earth's Mightiest Heroes is Hawkeye and Wasp. In the movies, she didn't like Hawkeye at all because he's "boring." And he is, I agree with her.

He was awesome in his 3 minutes of Civil War screen time because THAT'S HAWKEYE. A sarcastic yet loyal guy who will stand up for what he believes regardless of danger. Him chirping Tony at the end brought back memories of him going face to face with Cap.

Hawkeye has marketing value. He's kinda like the Ninja Turtles right now. He was written poorly, stripped of his colours, costume, and personality, and given an awful adaptation of himself to portray. Things that are marketable sometimes lose value because they're done wrong.. Just like the Turtles films. I'm still convinced that the 2nd Turtles movie does great if their designs don't scare children, lol.

Its like changing skin colour of a character to try to appease to demographics. Fantastic Four was dead before arrival because they made Human Torch African-American.

The best thing to do for Marvel and Hawkeye is to finish up his current story in Avengers 3 and 4. And then reboot him with a run based off the Matt Fraction comic on their Network or Netflix. Good way to introduce Bishop as well.

As a Hawkeye fan its just frustrating. From poor writing to not even being in Old Man Logan because Marvel sold their properties, lol.

I finally though Civil War was the breaking point. I thought the Russo's could revive the character (the scene that was cut from Winter Soldier with Hawkeye because of Renner not being able to get away from another film - was just as good as Civil War).

Maybe the Russo's have something really good planned. I guess we will see. I'm just not hopeful with him being stripped from all marketing.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad