Movies: Avengers : Infinity War

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I just hope they do justice to Thanos' power, since with or without the stones, he's a legit heavyweight who should be able to kill Ironman with a single punch

I'm still thoroughly unimpressed that Cap survived his fight with Ultron - despite the fact that Ultron had him by his throat and need only close his hand to finish him

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Oh you know him personally eh?

Because he's been written so poorly since the beginning. The Civil War version was closest thing to the 'real' Hawkeye and it was for 2 minutes.

Hawkeye is generally considered one of the greatest Avengers of all-time. Marvel did their own list a few years back and Hawkeye was 2nd behind only Captain America.

He was originally supposed to have a much bigger part in the original Avengers movie, but after Joss came on he didn't like the character as much and basically had no idea how to write him.

Coming from someone named after Emo Rage Boy, I understand completely!
Seems like I hit a nerve. I don't have a problem with the character, just the actor.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Possibly, but I still think it's unlikely at least domestically. It'll definitely top $200 million. Force Awakens has a healthy lead in that category as well though, and Last Jedi at #2. Don't think the Marvel machine is quite what the Star Wars machine is, especially considering there definitely wasn't an over-saturation of Star Wars movies at the time Force Awakens came out.

Don't know enough about the release worldwide. Fate of the Furious has by far the highest total for an opening around the world, which probably just means that it was released pretty much everywhere at once.

‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating ‘Black Panther’

Reactions: Guardian17

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
A $250m OW isn't out of the question. I don't expect IW to have great domestic legs though since Avengers films, and MCU films in general with the exception of Black Panther, are incredibly front loaded.

$250m/$550m is about what I think it will do. Throw in about $1B from overseas and it will creep over the original.

Trying to decide whether to see this on the opening Sunday though. All that's left in terms of good seats for IMAX are some 2am shows.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
From Deadline's article;

–87% have seen all of the MCU movies.
–71% saw Black Panther on the big screen.

meh1.gif

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I mean...they're flowers, you can't just grow more?

I think another issue is only members of the "Royal Family" can have them. Killimonger was part of the bloodline from the first king so thats why he could have the special flower.

I have the feeling that non-members wouldn't gain much from eating/drinking the flower.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I think another issue is only members of the "Royal Family" can have them. Killimonger was part of the bloodline from the first king so thats why he could have the special flower.

I have the feeling that non-members wouldn't gain much from eating/drinking the flower.

Maybe I missed something, but isn't the King beheld to become Black Panther? So even if it was someone from another tribe, would they not be able to have the flower and gain the power? I didn't think it had anything to do with royal family.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Maybe I missed something, but isn't the King beheld to become Black Panther? So even if it was someone from another tribe, would they not be able to have the flower and gain the power? I didn't think it had anything to do with royal family.

Even then, it would be exclusive to Wakandans. Ruling out literally every other hero in the movie :laugh:

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
This should be epic. The Thanos/Infinity Stones (gems in he comics) / Infinity Gauntlet is my favorite arc of the Marvel comics. Thanos is a f***ing badass and sort of the final boss. Galactus being the other big baddie and likely the next final boss of the next phase if Disney can acquire the rights from Fox.

Gonna binge watch all the other movies in chronological order in preparation for Infinity War. From Captain America 1 all the way to Black Panther.

Unlike Star Wars , i think that that Disney has done a good job with the Marvel comics. Doctor Strange , Avengers 1 and GOTG 1 probably being my 3 favorites movies but i like them all. Weakest probably being Iron Man 3. In theory Infinity War should surpass them all if done properly.

Bring on the Mad Titan !!! I'm ready

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
I think it's young Gamora

It is and for some reason i fully expect Thanos to either be killed by her or reasoned by her , sort of like how Vader was by Luke in ROTJ. She's probably the only one who can try to talk some sense into Thanos without getting punched in the face lol.

I that's how they will use Gamora. She's Thanos favorite daughter after all and judging by that holding hand scene in the trailer it seem that Thanos may have some compassion in him.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I just hope they do justice to Thanos' power, since with or without the stones, he's a legit heavyweight who should be able to kill Ironman with a single punch

I'm still thoroughly unimpressed that Cap survived his fight with Ultron - despite the fact that Ultron had him by his throat and need only close his hand to finish him

I am really curious how they are going to balance the power of the heroes, Thanos, and the infinity stones.
Especially the stones...that is going to be their biggest challenge IMO.

Love the trailer. Phase III of the MCU has really raised the bar for their films and I think this movie could deliver even higher than that!

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
That’s a really well done trailer. I especially liked how there was less RDJ.

I guess I better see Black Panther before this comes out

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
The new trailer is fantastic, I'm so amped for this. Hoping they do justice to the bad guy, since they always do a good job with the trailers but it doesn't always follow through in the film (not so much the film quality, but the threat of the big bad).

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
Cap being able to stop thanos gauntlet hand is pretty dumb.. especially when thanos is basically toying with thor in another scene, who is undoubtedly way stronger thn cap

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Cap being able to stop thanos gauntlet hand is pretty dumb.. especially when thanos is basically toying with thor in another scene, who is undoubtedly way stronger thn cap

The only explanation I can think of is that Cap is in contact with the infinity gauntlet, thus granting him additional strength

But that doesn't really make sense when you think about it. Would a kitten also be able to stop Thanos in the same manner simply because it was in contact with the attacking glove?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
It's a split second who knows what happens after or led up to it etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad