Movies: Avengers : Infinity War

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I disagree. He just needed to be written right. I mean all characters on the same power level as him (he's actually above Captain America in the comics) have much better things to do in the Marvel Extended Universe. Widow, Punisher, Daredevil.

If you write a character poorly, that's what's going to happen. People were absolutely jacked about Hawkeye after his Thor cameo. Then The Avengers comes and he's basically just a cop with a bow.

True story was that Hawkeye was a huge part of the original script but when Whedon came in he cut a bunch of Hawkeye stuff, turned him bad, and gave Widow more screen time.

Just an example - my best friends daughter's favourite character in the TV Show Earth's Mightiest Heroes is Hawkeye and Wasp. In the movies, she didn't like Hawkeye at all because he's "boring." And he is, I agree with her.

He was awesome in his 3 minutes of Civil War screen time because THAT'S HAWKEYE. A sarcastic yet loyal guy who will stand up for what he believes regardless of danger. Him chirping Tony at the end brought back memories of him going face to face with Cap.

Hawkeye has marketing value. He's kinda like the Ninja Turtles right now. He was written poorly, stripped of his colours, costume, and personality, and given an awful adaptation of himself to portray. Things that are marketable sometimes lose value because they're done wrong.. Just like the Turtles films. I'm still convinced that the 2nd Turtles movie does great if their designs don't scare children, lol.

Its like changing skin colour of a character to try to appease to demographics. Fantastic Four was dead before arrival because they made Human Torch African-American.

The best thing to do for Marvel and Hawkeye is to finish up his current story in Avengers 3 and 4. And then reboot him with a run based off the Matt Fraction comic on their Network or Netflix. Good way to introduce Bishop as well.

As a Hawkeye fan its just frustrating. From poor writing to not even being in Old Man Logan because Marvel sold their properties, lol.

I finally though Civil War was the breaking point. I thought the Russo's could revive the character (the scene that was cut from Winter Soldier with Hawkeye because of Renner not being able to get away from another film - was just as good as Civil War).

Maybe the Russo's have something really good planned. I guess we will see. I'm just not hopeful with him being stripped from all marketing.

Don't get me wrong I like Hawkeye and think he is underused/developed in the MCU, but how do you figure he is above Captain America? Are you talking about when he was Goliath?

Other than that timeframe when he has Pym particles, he has never been enhanced and has been able to keep up thanks to his amazing training. He actually often worries about his role within the Avengers.

A quote from him...
I mean, I can't miss... I'm on a team with super-humans. And one god, in case you've forgotten. Even you... well, you climb walls really well. The training is the only thing that makes me special. And if I'm not special, then none of this is worth it. I gave up a lot for this life. I could have been happy with Mockingbir-- Bobbi. We could have had a good, simple life. But I wanted to play with the big boys. And if I miss, it means I'm just another dude with a bow. It means I've been fooling myself this whole time. And that's why I never miss.

Reactions: Voight

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Is it just me or did Thanos turn from blue to purple? Any reason for this?

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
If you go back and watch all his previous clips in the movies he is clearly blue.

I think its clear he is a mood Thanos, he changes color on what he is feeling. Like those rings from my childhood.

ring-magical-mood-ring-steampunk-antique-silver-1.jpg

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Seems purple to me.

From end credit of Avengers below which is the first shot of him.

I think it depends on the shot and the light they put him under but he is purple, just different shades.

Reactions: Voight

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
They've definitely changed the shade of purple a few times, although even in the shots from Infinity War it seems to vary a bit depending on the lighting. I prefer the GotG/AoU version, but it's not a huge difference.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Don't get me wrong I like Hawkeye and think he is underused/developed in the MCU, but how do you figure he is above Captain America? Are you talking about when he was Goliath?

Other than that timeframe when he has Pym particles, he has never been enhanced and has been able to keep up thanks to his amazing training. He actually often worries about his role within the Avengers.

A quote from him...
I mean, I can't miss... I'm on a team with super-humans. And one god, in case you've forgotten. Even you... well, you climb walls really well. The training is the only thing that makes me special. And if I'm not special, then none of this is worth it. I gave up a lot for this life. I could have been happy with Mockingbir-- Bobbi. We could have had a good, simple life. But I wanted to play with the big boys. And if I miss, it means I'm just another dude with a bow. It means I've been fooling myself this whole time. And that's why I never miss.
I love that quote. It shows the depth of Hawkeye behind the cocky, sarcastic personality.

That's the thing I love about Hawkeye.. He's just a guy trying too do the right thing. The good writers know how to treat him.

And I was talking about official Marvel charts. Hawkeye is above Cap. He's also smarter than Loki, lol.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

Those kind of percentage numbers are kind of pointless though. Obviously advance ticket buying wasn't much of a thing in the past.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I know it doesn't work if you have to explain the joke but I don't recognize that guy?
John Wick in the first of his two movies they kill his dog that his recently dead wife had got him as a gift for after her death. He was a killer for the mob before leaving and is know as the boogyman for he kills everyone.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
John Wick in the first of his two movies they kill his dog that his recently dead wife had got him as a gift for after her death. He was a killer for the mob before leaving and is know as the boogyman for he kills everyone.

Ah okay, I thought it looked like 'John Wick' but am only familiar with it from previews, didn't know what it's actually about.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Can't wait, should be good.

Has it been confirmed that ant man and the wasp is set before this film though?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I guess Marvel has been hearing the complaints about the lack of Hawkeye...

Hawkeye fans worried about the character getting the shaft in recent promotional materials will be delighted to learn the character is “getting a lot of cool new stuff,” according to prop master Russell Bobbitt.
Hawkeye’s getting a lot of cool new stuff. That’s right. We’re developing a lot of interesting new stuff for him… both in something bow-related but some new gadgets that he has in addition to the bow.​

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
This movie is going to crush the box office. No doubt in my mind.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
twq1m3szppo01.jpg

I hate that Bleeding Edge Armor nonsense. Thicc boi War Machine is the real Iron Man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad