Mojo Dojo Casa House
573104fb931d2.jpg

Official movie poster:

EBE87_AF7_B4_B9_4_CD0_94_C8_80981019_AF60.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Voight and Epsilon

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Is this expected to break box office records?
I doubt it (both domestically and worldwide), although it'll be interesting to see how much Black Panther pushes the number up. It won't be the event that Black Panther was, but there's definitely still going to be a lot of overflow of movie-watchers that wouldn't have seen Avengers if it wasn't for Black Panther.

Reactions: donghabs98

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I doubt it (both domestically and worldwide), although it'll be interesting to see how much Black Panther pushes the number up. It won't be the event that Black Panther was, but there's definitely still going to be a lot of overflow of movie-watchers that wouldn't have seen Avengers if it wasn't for Black Panther.

The hype for this movie is much bigger than for Age Of Ultron. The trailer views on Youtube alone are an indication. Civil War and AoU did well globally as well. It is possible.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
The hype for this movie is much bigger than for Age Of Ultron. The trailer views on Youtube alone are an indication. Civil War and AoU did well globally as well. It is possible.
I just think Force Awakens is way too high to beat domestically, and Avatar worldwide. Nothing else is close.

To put it into perspective, Avatar nearly doubled Age of Ultron worldwide, the 7th highest film ever, and wasn't far off from doubling the original Avengers as well (5th all time).

2nd highest domestic movie (Avatar) would need to see a 23% increase to reach Force Awakens, 3rd place (Titanic) would need to see a 42% increase.

If we're talking worldwide, my bet is that it comes in at #4 between Force Awakens and Jurassic World. There's a ton of room in there, and I think finishing over $1.6 billion, closer to 2 is a reasonable bet.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I just think Force Awakens is way too high to beat domestically, and Avatar worldwide. Nothing else is close.

To put it into perspective, Avatar nearly doubled Age of Ultron worldwide, the 7th highest film ever, and wasn't far off from doubling the original Avengers as well (5th all time).

2nd highest domestic movie (Avatar) would need to see a 23% increase to reach Force Awakens, 3rd place (Titanic) would need to see a 42% increase.

If we're talking worldwide, my bet is that it comes in at #4 between Force Awakens and Jurassic World. There's a ton of room in there, and I think finishing over $1.6 billion, closer to 2 is a reasonable bet.

I wasn't talking about overall all time record. More like opening weekend.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Thanos is going to wreck everyone :scared:

Side note: Since we learned from Black Panther that evidently anyone can drink that purple flower juice and become the Black Panther...why not just give that to the avengers and load them up with Vibranium EVERYTHING?

Reactions: Voight

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I wasn't talking about overall all time record. More like opening weekend.
Possibly, but I still think it's unlikely at least domestically. It'll definitely top $200 million. Force Awakens has a healthy lead in that category as well though, and Last Jedi at #2. Don't think the Marvel machine is quite what the Star Wars machine is, especially considering there definitely wasn't an over-saturation of Star Wars movies at the time Force Awakens came out.

Don't know enough about the release worldwide. Fate of the Furious has by far the highest total for an opening around the world, which probably just means that it was released pretty much everywhere at once.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

Side note: Since we learned from Black Panther that evidently anyone can drink that purple flower juice and become the Black Panther...why not just give that to the avengers and load them up with Vibranium EVERYTHING?
I am pretty sure there are no more of those purple flowers

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

I am pretty sure there are no more of those purple flowers

Ya didn't T'Challa eat the last ones that had been saved from Kilmonger?

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I mean...they're flowers, you can't just grow more?

I am sure they will show back up at some point because thats how these movies work, but as far as we know Killmonger burned all of them except for the handful that Shuri was able to sneak out and give to Black Panther (I think anyway, surely someone who double-dipped on BP will know for sure).

Connor McFries

5-14-6-1
Jan 9, 2008
Star-Lord: Let's talk about this plan of yours - I think it's good. Except, it sucks. Let me do the planning and that way it might be really good.

Basically the MCU version of "Imma let you finish"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Hawkeye is noticeably absent from the movie poster, but they've included the chubby Asian dude from Doctor Strange

Interesting...

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
As far as I'm concerned, every Marvel film up until this point has been a lead up for this film

I'm certainly more pumped for this one than any other film to date

I'd be surprised if it didn't challenge some records

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
As far as I'm concerned, every Marvel film up until this point has been a lead up for this film

I'm certainly more pumped for this one than any other film to date

I'd be surprised if it didn't challenge some records
It all started 10 years ago, its so crazy.

Phase 1 all led up to the Avengers and 1 stone was used (technically 2 if you count the staff in Avengers 1)

Then Phase 2 till now where leading up to this epic finale. I usually get a decent amount of excited for a new Marvel film but this is just a whole new level of excitement

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
TBH I was more hyped for Civil War.

The fact that Infinity War feels more like an end point than a beginning or middle kind of feels like a downer.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Nah most just hate Jeremy Renner since he's a *****e.
Oh you know him personally eh?

Why did Hawkeye become such a meme? Just because its so absurd to have Arrow Guy on The Avengers?
Because he's been written so poorly since the beginning. The Civil War version was closest thing to the 'real' Hawkeye and it was for 2 minutes.

Hawkeye is generally considered one of the greatest Avengers of all-time. Marvel did their own list a few years back and Hawkeye was 2nd behind only Captain America.

He was originally supposed to have a much bigger part in the original Avengers movie, but after Joss came on he didn't like the character as much and basically had no idea how to write him.

Ps. Hawkeye is the only character who was a of both The Avengers & The Justice League. ;)

I hope he dies.
Coming from someone named after Emo Rage Boy, I understand completely!

Last edited:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I don't have the time to quote links but he's a sexist pig and he's straight up ******* in interviews. His career took a tumble during the Ultron press tour.
Holy shit.

This dude is taking about Renner and Evans joking around about Black Widow being a whore. Hahahahaha. That interview was hilarious.

How did his career take a nose dive? He starred in two of the best movies in the past couple years (Arrival & Wind River). He's also doing an animated film for his daughter where he's the starring voice (James Franco, Alec Baldwin, Heidi Klum also involved). He's doing just fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad