Player Discussion Austin Czarnik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I would be very surprised if Donato barring injury doesn’t play 70 + NHL games next year.

Bjork will probably have to start in the AHL (just to get game ready again) and hopefully he forces them to call him up after 25-30 games.

JFK will be the interesting one that could go either way.

Im betting the Bruins sign an older Center ala Dominic Moore to push for competition and cover their ass and that’s about it this off season.

What a nice problem to have!

Fitz has been really started to round out his game from everything I’ve read.

Senyshyn- They have the luxury of burying him again. Couldn’t be a better scenario for his development.

Frederic - full year of professional hockey and nothing but a taste of a game or two is probably ideal.

Cehlarik - if he stays healthy is the best option to bounce back and fourth. Will either seize an opportunity or be dealt at next years deadline.

Studnicka - has to go back to JR?

Zboril - probably start the year in providence but be first guy given a chance?

Lauzon - Huge year and off season for him. If he avoids injury could push Zboril for first man up.

Vaakainen - Probably a lot closer than many think/expect after playing against men. I haven’t seen or read the upside that some see but a left handed minute eater like Carlo for years to come seems realistic.

Did I miss anyone of note?

Gabrielle - love the way he plays but was pretty disappointed with his first pro year. Hope something clicks and he can come in and make some impact in providence.

You forgot Koko

Reactions: Rumpy

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
How+About+No.jpg

It's not up to me or you.

“Yeah, I hope so,” said Sweeney of Nash potentially staying beyond this season. “It’s not something we have discussed right away, but hopefully he’s happy integrating into our club...I think he fits well.”

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
It's not up to me or you.

“Yeah, I hope so,” said Sweeney of Nash potentially staying beyond this season. “It’s not something we have discussed right away, but hopefully he’s happy integrating into our club...I think he fits well.”

I know that it's not our call but I don't want Boston handing Riley Nash the Chris Kelly Special. In addition, his continued presence will block a spot for JFk/Frederic. As for Rick Nash, I don't want to see him return, in part because of his play and because, as with Riley, his continued presence would block a spot for someone (Donato/Bjork/Cehlarik).

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I know that it's not our call but I don't want Boston handing Riley Nash the Chris Kelly Special. In addition, his continued presence will block a spot for JFk/Frederic. As for Rick Nash, I don't want to see him return, in part because of his play and because, as with Riley, his continued presence would block a spot for someone (Donato/Bjork/Cehlarik).

Not sure if Riley being re-signed blocks any of Bjork/Donato/Cehlarik although RD plays some C but Rick N I`m not terribly interested in re-signing and it has nothing really to do with how he`s playing now (which is average at best) but more to do with the reasons you gave, think they make room for another kid next season.

Riley, IMO, has priced himself out of Boston unless he signs a team friendly, low term deal and I don`t think that`ll happen

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Darn! Too bad for Boston Claude diminished him.

if his character is that weak that one coach has all but defeated a drive to play in the best league in the NHL, is this a guy you really want?

I`ve been pretty clear how I feel about him, I think he`s a guy with skill but doesn`t have the drive or will to compete for a NHL spot, sees a Bruins team that`s both set up the middle and now deep in prospects and with no guarantee of him being able to cut it with the big club, he`s got no interest in riding buses with Providence so he stays home, makes his coin

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
if his character is that weak that one coach has all but defeated a drive to play in the best league in the NHL, is this a guy you really want?

I`ve been pretty clear how I feel about him, I think he`s a guy with skill but doesn`t have the drive or will to compete for a NHL spot, sees a Bruins team that`s both set up the middle and now deep in prospects and with no guarantee of him being able to cut it with the big club, he`s got no interest in riding buses with Providence so he stays home, makes his coin

I've been the opposite...to me it was pretty clear Claude wanted nothing to do with his skillset. A skillset in demand in the new NHL. Cassidy had him playing A game / Claude didn't. Loved Claude for the cup but after that time I was nothing but frustrated watching young assets tossed aside.

As far as Koko's character - I have no issue with his decision to return back and had I been in his shoes would have done the same considering the ice time and opportunity that was given to him by coach Claude.

Koko had to consider and weight out Claude opportunity versus his career earnings etc....Shitty position to be in. He went with his best judgement. A year later Claude fired and Cassidy steps in implementing the style of play we all craved and inserting young assets. The timing for Koko was horrendous.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

I can fault Koko for a few things, but character isn't one of them.

Now, back to Czarnik

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Dom what are the chances Czar accepts contract - With Nash leaving this opens the door for him next season?

Dave

No easy answer. I guess first and foremost it would have to be a one-way deal for him to accept it. Secondly, he's going to want some type of increase on his now $675K deal.

If he makes it to I think it's June 25th this year when he can start to talk to other teams, he'll probably listen to all offers and go where his best chance to play in the show is. Sadly, Montreal comes to mind.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Pretty torn on Czarnik. I think he has the skill to carve out an NHL career, but I'm not sure Boston is the place for it. I think he fits best on the 3rd line C spot, but I'd prefer someone more Riley Nash's size for that.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
3rd in the AHL in scoring with 69 points. He had 6 points and a +4 (lead team) in the 4 playoff games.

JFK had half the amount of points in the regular season (did face a concussion) and scored 1 empty net goal with a -2 in the 4 playoff games.

Frederic also only had 1 assist and -4 in the playoffs.

Give me Czarnik back on a 1 way deal to center the 3rd line for at least one year until JFK and Frederic show me more. I don’t think they’re as ready as some fans claim to be.

Reactions: FanSince72

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
3rd in the AHL in scoring with 69 points. He had 6 points and a +4 (lead team) in the 4 playoff games.

JFK had half the amount of points in the regular season (did face a concussion) and scored 1 empty net goal with a -2 in the 4 playoff games.

Give me Czarnik back on a 1 way deal to center the 3rd line for at least one year until JFK and Frederic show me more. I don’t think they’re as ready as some fans claim to be.

We’ve run the Czarnik experiment as a 3C and he was underwhelming. I’d like him back, but anointing him 3C is incredibly premature. You could let him walk and spent an extra $2-3 million for Nash.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Given how important centers are to this team, I feel like the Czar, as likeable as he is, would be stuck in the bottom six as a winger. It's not his fault that he's so small, but I worry that trying to force him in as a center would be putting him in a losing situation

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
He played really well in his last stint up on the checking line. Gave them some speed and a scoring touch. At least bring him up as insurance for the drive, now that providence is done.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

There is no doubt he is head and shoulders the best player in Providence.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
No easy answer. I guess first and foremost it would have to be a one-way deal for him to accept it. Secondly, he's going to want some type of increase on his now $675K deal.

If he makes it to I think it's June 25th this year when he can start to talk to other teams, he'll probably listen to all offers and go where his best chance to play in the show is. Sadly, Montreal comes to mind.

On Twitter, Diver made the comparison between Czarnik and Yanni Gourde (he was in a similar position last year with TB/SYR). Czarnik actually has better AHL numbers than Gourde.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad