Player Discussion Austin Czarnik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Why would he be given a chance at next year's camp when he wasn't given a chance at this year's camp?

Why would he sign to stay with the Bruins when he didn't get a chance to play despite showing he was capable?

Just a thought- I don't know that he wasn't given a chance this past camp, and at this point I trust the organization and their development of players. Clearly they didn't feel he was ready but with another full year of pro under his belt, it might be that he has a shot. If he goes, though, he goes.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I posted a tweet about Czarnik and Group VI Free agency in, I believe, the Providence Bruins thread. He is going to be a UFA because he didn't meet the requirements to stay eligible as an RFA.
He’s going to get caught up in the numbers game. I like him. Hope he sticks with some team.

Reactions: Ladyfan

BruinsNetwork

I posted a tweet about Czarnik and Group VI Free agency in, I believe, the Providence Bruins thread. He is going to be a UFA because he didn't meet the requirements to stay eligible as an RFA.

Technically he can still meet the requirement to qualify as an RFA if he plays the majority of the regular season and the Bruins have a deep playoff run. He would have to play in every single one, though.

So it is very unlikely that he will be an RFA, but I suppose it is possible from my understanding.

Anyways, as much as I’d like to see Czarnik in Boston right now, it really isn’t the best course of action— even if he were to become a UFA anyways.

If Czarnik becomes eligible for waivers, he won’t clear. Yes, you could hold him on the roster and keep him up, but when everyone is healthy he’s going to be sitting in the 9th-floor press-box.

If he gets claimed, then it isn’t just a case of “oh well, he was going to be a UFA anyways.” It then becomes something bigger that affects Providence and potentially the younger, developing-prospects.

If Czarnik gets claimed, or if Czarnik sits on the 9th-floor, it isn’t good for any party.

The Bruins would rather him play in Providence and help solidify that lineup, which allows other young-players to develop in the correct positions. They would rather him play and help contribute in a deep playoff run in Providence rather than sit in Boston and not play.

There’s also the case of injuries during the playoffs. What if you run into a situation like last year when you really need more NHL-caliber bodies? Save him for that point if and when you truly need him— as the Bruins do not *need* him right now.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
If we were struggling he'd need to be called up with the injuries. But we are playing well enough that its OK to want him playing since he'd likely be 13th manned due to the waiver situation when guys came back.

Reactions: BruinsNetwork

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Czarnik needs to be up with the NHL Bruins ASAP. Acciari was horrible at center. Wingles was not much better at center a few weeks ago.

I understand that if they recall him, he will not be able to play for the AHL Bruins again due to waivers but I would think your ultimate goal is NHL Cup, not AHL Cup.

At worst, when people start to get healthy you can give give some guys days off by moving Czarnik up and down the lineup at C or RW.

Reactions: Ladyfan

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Czarnik needs to be up with the NHL Bruins ASAP. Acciari was horrible at center. Wingles was not much better at center a few weeks ago.

I understand that if they recall him, he will not be able to play for the AHL Bruins again due to waivers but I would think your ultimate goal is NHL Cup, not AHL Cup.

At worst, when people start to get healthy you can give give some guys days off by moving Czarnik up and down the lineup at C or RW.

It’s just doesn’t seem like it’s going to happen. The bruins want him down there for whatever the reason.

Reactions: 00BW

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I think he may have a shot at cracking the roster, but if I were him I'd probably be looking elsewhere.

Marchand Bergy Pasta
Debrusk Krejci XXX
Heinen XXX Backes
Schaller Kuraly Acciari

Assuming Schaller/Kuraly get re signed, and both Nashes price out of Boston...Donato, Bjork, Chelarik all will be fighting for open spots. This also isn't including the potential emergence of Senyshyn, JFK, and Frederic.

Good player but he probably has a better chance elsewhere.

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
He's the only center candidate among Donato, Bjork, Cehlarik. could see him replacing Nash until Studnicka or Frederic seize the job, if they ever do.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
He's the only center candidate among Donato, Bjork, Cehlarik. could see him replacing Nash until Studnicka or Frederic seize the job, if they ever do.
What about JFK ? Isn't he looked upon as greater potential than Czarnik ?
If I were he, I'd look else where. B's too stacked with prospects.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
I think he may have a shot at cracking the roster, but if I were him I'd probably be looking elsewhere.

Marchand Bergy Pasta
Debrusk Krejci XXX
Heinen XXX Backes
Schaller Kuraly Acciari

Assuming Schaller/Kuraly get re signed, and both Nashes price out of Boston...Donato, Bjork, Chelarik all will be fighting for open spots. This also isn't including the potential emergence of Senyshyn, JFK, and Frederic.

Good player but he probably has a better chance elsewhere.

I would be very surprised if Donato barring injury doesn’t play 70 + NHL games next year.

Bjork will probably have to start in the AHL (just to get game ready again) and hopefully he forces them to call him up after 25-30 games.

JFK will be the interesting one that could go either way.

Im betting the Bruins sign an older Center ala Dominic Moore to push for competition and cover their ass and that’s about it this off season.

What a nice problem to have!

Fitz has been really started to round out his game from everything I’ve read.

Senyshyn- They have the luxury of burying him again. Couldn’t be a better scenario for his development.

Frederic - full year of professional hockey and nothing but a taste of a game or two is probably ideal.

Cehlarik - if he stays healthy is the best option to bounce back and fourth. Will either seize an opportunity or be dealt at next years deadline.

Studnicka - has to go back to JR?

Zboril - probably start the year in providence but be first guy given a chance?

Lauzon - Huge year and off season for him. If he avoids injury could push Zboril for first man up.

Vaakainen - Probably a lot closer than many think/expect after playing against men. I haven’t seen or read the upside that some see but a left handed minute eater like Carlo for years to come seems realistic.

Did I miss anyone of note?

Gabrielle - love the way he plays but was pretty disappointed with his first pro year. Hope something clicks and he can come in and make some impact in providence.

Last edited:

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
I would be very surprised if Donato barring injury doesn’t play 70 + NHL games next year.

Bjork will probably have to start in the AHL (just to get game ready again) and hopefully he forces them to call him up after 25-30 games.

JFK will be the interesting one that could go either way.

Im betting the Bruins sign an older Center ala Dominic Moore to push for competition and cover their ass and that’s about it this off season.

What a nice problem to have!

Fitz has been really started to round out his game from everything I’ve read.

Senyshyn- They have the luxury of burying him again. Couldn’t be a better scenario for his development.

Frederic - full year of professional hockey and nothing but a taste of a game or two is probably ideal.

Cehlarik - if he stays healthy is the best option to bounce back and fourth. Will either seize an opportunity or be dealt at next years deadline.

Studnicka - has to go back to JR?

Zboril - probably start the year in providence but be first guy given a chance?

Lauzon - Huge year and off season for him. If he avoids injury could push Zboril for first man up.

Vaakainen - Probably a lot closer than many think/expect after playing against men. I haven’t seen or read the upside that some see but a left handed minute eater like Carlo for years to come seems realistic.

Did I miss anyone of note?

Gabrielle - love the way he plays but was pretty disappointed with his first pro year. Hope something clicks and he can come in and make some impact in providence.​

Good observations.
JFK -- I don't know, haven't seem him play since BU, but as far as stats go: Czarnik had double the point-per-game average and was way better in +/- in the regular season. He also has played well in his call-ups, so I'd say he's probably a better choice to step in next season with the varsity. Be interesting to see how JFK compares with Frederic next season in Providence.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

In my opinion, there's a good chance Schaller walks or gets an offer the Bruins won't be comfortable matching so going after Czarnik makes sense as the third guy on line 4 (I think the Bruins will re-sign Kuraly). Being a C/RW is also an added bonus.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
An AHL salary heavy 2-way deal would probably keep him.

i was wondering about this. if he wants money, you probably have to give him a 1-way at NHL minimum (which is fine - they
gave agostino 800k to basically play in providence this year). but is he more interested in a better opportunity to play?
don't really see where he fits unless he's a 13/14 forward.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
i was wondering about this. if he wants money, you probably have to give him a 1-way at NHL minimum (which is fine - they
gave agostino 800k to basically play in providence this year). but is he more interested in a better opportunity to play?

They'll have 15 contract spots for 17 UFA/RFA's. Holden, Postma, Gionta are as good as done. They'll try and bring both Nash's back.

Interesting for me is the backup role. I would guess they try and bring Khudobin back. You want to leave room for free agency and you never really want to operate at the 50 contract limit. Most teams like to be around the 47 contract range.

Will be an interesting numbers game in Boston/Providence in the offseason.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10

yeah, you're probably right about that. he would probably get the one way deal. I don't think he really fits without injuries...but those are inevitable.
And maybe he's the guy they have identified to be the 13th forward. You don't want a developing guy in that role and he's crossing the threshold into a mid-career guy.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
They'll have 15 contract spots for 17 UFA/RFA's. Holden, Postma, Gionta are as good as done. They'll try and bring both Nash's back.

Interesting for me is the backup role. I would guess they try and bring Khudobin back. You want to leave room for free agency and you never really want to operate at the 50 contract limit. Most teams like to be around the 47 contract range.

Will be an interesting numbers game in Boston/Providence in the offseason.

How+About+No.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->