Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
LW/RW/D Jack McIntyre

03F.jpg

- 5'11, 170 lbs
- Stanley Cup Finalist (1953)
- Twice top-20 in goals
- 5th in playoff goals (1953)
- 47th-highest scorer over the span of his career (only one player above him is still available)

Although Jack McIntyre's offensive totals look modest, once you eliminate selected players you will see that he is one of the better scorers left. In addition to this, McIntyre was a defensive-minded player who actually spent some time on the blueline as well, making his numbers more impressive.

Hockeydb, hockey-reference, legendsofhockey, and the book Total Hockey all have McIntyre listed as a defenseman. This is incorrect. If he was a defenseman, then he would be the 6th-highest scoring defenseman of the 50's on a list littered with names of already-selected players. The truth is, he played defense only as needed and was usually a LW - sometimes a RW.

Players: The Ultimate A-Z Guide of Everyone Who has Ever Played in the NHL said:
Right up until his last he had a passion for the game that inspired his friends to call him "Smilin' Jack".

Heroes: Stars of Hockey's Golden Era said:
A defensive minded left winger..

Jack McIntyre was a fine offensive defenceman (wrong) who fell one game short of 500 in a solid career. His strength was moving up ice with the puck and working the power play, which he did to good effect with three different teams in 1950s.

...the young defender (wrong) scored 12 goals in 51 games as a rookie with the Boston Bruins. The next year, his solid work helped the Bruins reach the Stanley Cup finals. McIntyre scored a key goal and checked tenaciously when the team upset Detroit in the semi-finals.

After starting the 1953-54 season in the minors, McIntyre was traded to the Chicago Black Hawks for cash. He played a key offensive role for the struggling club and scored a career-high 18 goals in 1956-57. After a trade brought him to the Detroit Red Wings, McIntyre played his last three NHL seasons there before returning to the minors

Last edited:

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I need a strong offensive D to play on the right side so I select Moe Mantha D

Dave Creighton C - 20 goal scorer during the 50's. finished 9th in points in 1956. 2 all-star game appearances

I believe you also need to make two more picks. these are both listed as "day 12" and there are no "day 11" picks listed for you, so I think both you and VI didn't notice you were two behind.

Last edited:

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
EagleBelfour, you will need to make a new pick ASAP! Regina has Frank Rankin; we mentioned him 7 1/2 hours before you did. No one noticed this, apparently.

Also, was the Jack Marks selection redone? I noted earlier that he was picked in the MLD but I don't recall seeing anything come of that. I was all over the USA at the time, mind you.

Yes, I re-picked for Marks, I just didn't edit the pick into that particular post.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
I'll re-pick. I've looked twice, and I'm very surprised he's still available so maybe it's still my search engine!

Ray Whitney - (Left Winger) A Stanley Cup Winner, a two time All-Star, he played for 6 teams during 900 NHL Games. He registered 7- 60 points season, and a career high of 83 points.

Stanley Cup Winner (2006)
Played in NHL All-Star Game (2000, 2003)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Coach: Fred Maxwell

Todd Bertuzzi - Clarence McKerrow (C) - Mikael Renberg
Ray Whitney - Ivan Boldirev - Wildor Larochelle
Ted Irvine - Terry Crisp - Paul Holmgren
Armand Mondou - Alf Pike - Martin Lapointe
Mike Sillinger

Weldy Young - Fred Maxwell
Doug Lidster - Harold Snepsts
Gary Nylund - Patrice Brisebois
Benny Woit

Vladimir Myshkin
Nikolay Puchkov
Jimmy Foster

1939 or earlier
1940-1965
1966-1979
1980-1989
1990-1999
in 2009

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I'll re-pick. I've looked twice, and I'm very surprised he's still available so maybe it's still my search engine!

Ray Whitney
wonky search engine

control-f on the AAA10, MLD10 and ATD10 threads to be sure!

Ray Whitney was a papershoes' Greyhounds pick in the MLD10. (You weren't in that draft so it's not like you should've known).

re-pick again eagle

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
wonky search engine

control-f on the AAA10, MLD10 and ATD10 threads to be sure!

Ray Whitney was a papershoes' Greyhounds pick in the MLD10. (You weren't in that draft so it's not like you should've known).

re-pick again eagle

What do you think I use as search engine! I've used my ctrl+f but he didn't popped up!

I just have no idea now ...

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I'm all updated and ready to be assassinated. :)
not until you post your line-up on the Assassination Thread it isn't!

... it's a voluntary process

Teams that don't subject themselves to the process shouldn't be criticized. That's the idea. Post your line-up on the thread and have the stones to take - and ears to hear - what'll come to ya!

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
TODAY, SATURDAY is VOTING DAY! If you cannot do it today, PM me and indicate how early tomorrow you could do it. We want to have the playoffs begin by Sunday evening.

PM me your ranking of the teams from 1st to 8th (exclude your own team) in terms of how you think they'd fair over a long regular season in this all-time context. Also, aside from that, PM me a list of individual players you think deserving of MLD or maybe even ATD selection - an all-star team of the AAA draft's best. Usually we send in a list of three forwards, two defensemen, a goalie and a coach, but given how we have less GMs it helps get clarity in tallying votes if we include more.

So also PM me ALL-STARS and MLD/ATD draft worthy picks:

Top 10 forwards ranked from 1st to 10th (not from your own team)
Top 5 defensemen ranked from 1st to 5th (not from your own team)
Top 3 goalies ranked from 1st to 3rd (not from your own team)
Top 2 coaches ranked 1st and 2nd (not from your own team)
and
Top 3 picks from your own team! (could be any combination of forwards, dmen, goalies, coaches)

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
All votes are in, with five minutes to spare! :handclap:

(one of you just voted on the standings and said will be getting the all-star team votes in tonight or sunday morning. good)

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
We have 9 teams, so a lightning round of the bottom two teams in the rankings will commence immediately and go all day Sunday.

(See play-off match-up thread just created.)

Everyone is expected to make a reflection or two on the match-up dynamics, give the teams some attention, one is going home tonight.

Everyone who can vote please do, including three stars of the series, but NOT before 6pm eastern time sunday, and by the end of sunday (PM me if you absolutely need Monday morning or if will be away.)

Sunday afternoon the all-star teams will be released.

Sunday night (after lightning round votes are in) the full regular season standings will be released and a full round of playoffs will start (1st vs lightning round winner, 2nd vs. 7th, 3rd vs. 6th, 4th vs. 5th)

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
All-time Draft #10 - The Full AAA Edition

1st Team All-Stars

Cecil Blachford, winger
(China Sharks)

Vyacheslav Bykov, center
(Helsinki Huskies)

Andrei Khomutov, winger
(Spokane Canaries)

Allan Cameron, defense
(Japan Killer Whales)

Weldy Young, defense
(Montreal Victorias)

Tom Paton, goalie
(Japan Killer Whales)

Coach of the Draft: Dr. Starsi, coach (Spokane Canaries).
Runner-up: Darryl Sutter (Regina Pat Habs)

-----------------------

AAA10 Draft MVP: Allan Cameron (Killer Whales)

Captain of the MAAA until his 1895 retirement... "The engine of the Wheeler attack"... "The most complete player of the 1880's"... Ultimate Hockey awarded him four retro Norrises and a retro Hart.

MVP Finalists: Blachford (Sharks), Paton (Killer Whales)​

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea

2nd Team All-Stars

Todd Bertuzzi, winger
(Montreal Victorias)

Fred Whitcroft , winger
(China Sharks)

Haviland Routh, winger
(Japan Killer Whales)

Alex Smith, defense
(Regina Pat Habs)

Lee Fogolin, Sr., defense
(Spokane Canaries)

Vladimir Myshkin, goalie
(Montreal Victorias)​

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea

in the All-Star Game

Coaches: Dr. Starsi, Darryl Sutter

Todd Bertuzzi - Vyacheslav Bykov - Cecil Blachford
Fred Whitcroft - Thomas Gradin - Andrei Khomutov
Jim Riley - Nisse Nilsson - Haviland Routh
Don Smith - Clarence McKerrow - Bud Poile
Cully Wilson

Allan Cameron - Weldy Young
Alex Smith - Lee Fogolin, Sr.
Lee Fogolin, Jr. - Nikolai Makarov
Miroslav Dvorak - Risto Siltanen

Tom Paton
Vladimir Myshkin
Arturs Irbe

All-star game participation is based on the most votes received: all of them received three votes or more.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
How do you guys think the AAA10 All-Star team would fare against MLD10 drafted teams? :naughty:

Did the MLD overlook quality or what.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Well, it is an all-star team so it lacks checkers. I think it would lose to most of our MLD teams. Fix it up a bit and put the best checkers from the AAA draft, and it could take those teams.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Well, it is an all-star team so it lacks checkers. I think it would lose to most of our MLD teams. Fix it up a bit and put the best checkers from the AAA draft, and it could take those teams.
ah... we probably should have had a 'best role playing forwards list/3rd/4th liner' in the voting ... oh well...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad