Atd#10 - THE AAA DRAFT (a full edition)

Triffy

Jun 23, 2006
Helsinki
I'm very happy to see my players get deserved acknowledgement. Getting 4 players to the 24 man lineup is more than I expected.

I wanted to bring some new thoughts on the board. Lower the treshold to draft an European instead of more proven NHLer. That's probably the main reason for taking part to this. And yes, I wanted to reveal you some uncut gems like Oksanen. :)

I've been lurking around for the past couple of drafts and have always thought that people generally seem to underrate the European stars here. And I've thought it must be because people are just unfamiliar with them. There's no legendsofhockey.net for the international greats. The information is spread out all over the internet. And there's very limited amount of it. And that's a shame. The IIHF Hall of Fame has plenty of unused potential. I hope that one day they'll be able to provide a source like legendsofhockey.

For me, the drafting is the funniest part of the whole thing. It's exciting to see if the players you were targeting were on anyone else's sight. And the all-star team is a good idea. It provides all the participants a good source of who people think are the best players of the draft. It'll be fun to see if any of the all-star players gets picked in the upcoming ATD.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
get your votes in NOW .. for the lightning round series

i only have Kyle McMahon and Hedberg .... we need everyone's (except the two GMs in the series of course)

PM me asap

regular season standings and next playoff rounds cannot start until we have voted on this!

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
AAA10 Regular Season Standings

1. Regina Pat Habs........................ 80
2. Spokane Canaries...................... 72
3. Lynnmour Ice Cream Men............ 64
4. Japan Killer Whales.................... 63
5. Montreal Victorias..................... 62
6. Lynchburg Old Number 7..............57
7. Daytona Beach Breakers..............52
8. China Sharks.............................48
9. Helsinki Huskies..........................44

(Note: Regular season points calculated based on 100-x where x=points from votes: 1st=1, 2nd=2, 3rd=3, etc.)

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Playoff round Monday & Tuesday:

Pat Habs vs. Huskies
Canaries vs. Breakers
Ice Cream Men vs. Old No. 7
Killer Whales vs. Victorias

Wednesday is Voting Day.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Congrats to chaos for taking Allan "Eagle Eye" Cameron. I had him 4th on my list of All-Star defensemen, but I should have had him first. Glad the rest of you got it right. Here is a bit more about him from when I took him as a 7th D in MLD9:

Ultimate Hockey said:
...he toiled with the Crystals until 1887, when MAAA snapped him up. The mustachioed "toque blue tromper" or "the rusher in the blue toque" - would flower into a top-flight cover-point, captaining the famous winged wheelers until his retirement in 1895...Cameron was the very engine of the winged wheel attack. He was quite simply the most complete player of the 1880's. His genius for the two-way game was soon the talk of the circuit. According to newsmen, "nothing escaped Cameron's eyes." his defensive abilities were every bit as sharp as *******'s and possibly the finest in the AHAC.

seventieslord said:
Cameron captained the MAAA team for 9 seasons, winning 7 league titles and the two inagural Stanley Cups in 1893 and 1894. He played a total of 46 games, scoring 3 goals and providing the solid two-way game and leadership required for victory. Under his watch, MAAA went 44-14 over those 9 years.

Stats compiled using Total Hockey 2 (they have a great section covering 1887-1892 done in The Trail Of the Stanley Cup style) and The Trail Of the Stanley Cup, Vol. 1

Triffy

Jun 23, 2006
Helsinki
I just submitted my votes. Hopefully it's not too early yet. If it is, just ignore them. I still have stuff to do and it's already 9:35 PM in here so I don't have time to wait anymore.

Too bad I'm probably going to miss a couple of posts which could have made me change my mind. On the other hand, I think it's fair to reward those who took their time to market their teams in time.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
One of the series is tied !!!

Those who didn't vote on voting day (yesterday, wednesday) VOTE now!

pm me winner, how many games, three stars

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Last day to vote is today, Wednesday, on the semifinal series.

If you have already voted you can change your vote or let it stand as is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad