Prospect Info: At 30th Overall the Predators Select Eeli Tolvanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Who knows they could slot him about anywhere except the 4th I think. I think most of us think the 3rd simply because Lavi won't want to screw up the top two lines.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
I could see him getting 'instant' 1st line time if he shines on the powerplay and Lavy wants him to show if he can do the same on a line with Johansen instead of Bonino, Jarnkrok, Sissons etc

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I could see him getting 'instant' 1st line time if he shines on the powerplay and Lavy wants him to show if he can do the same on a line with Johansen instead of Bonino, Jarnkrok, Sissons etc
I expect they will more or less bounce him around a bit just to see who he works with and to try and protect him somewhat.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
1 thing to keep in mind really is the time difference, he had a tough playoff matchup against CSKA and flew from Europe to Nashville this week, from what I've learned in interviews it can take about a week to get adjusted and feet back.

I hope he gets some PP time right away- exciting times!

Boston brought in Donato with Krejci and #1pp time, injuries of course played a part but he had a monster of a game and got his confidence up fast.

Reactions: FierceFalcon

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
I expect they will more or less bounce him around a bit just to see who he works with and to try and protect him somewhat.

I agree. He’ll be listed on the third line but I bet Lavy tries to get him a shift or two with each line.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Best of both worlds...

Replace him for tonight only with Arvidsson.
We know how Arvy reacts to being sat. That little f***er will come out against TBL loaded for bear!

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Just had to stay up for his debut, couldn't miss this.
Good luck Eeli!

Whiskey In the Jar

Jan 28, 2013
Getting a bit familiar with the team and league I see. Eeli will/need to improve skating and just getting stronger/mass in general. Shot is good for sure. Against CSKA which is a strong and good skating team Eeli kinda lost in the picture in recent playoffs.

btw This night Nashville does not definitely look like a serious cup contender. But ofcourse Forsberg out too etc. playoffs spot guaranteed so not much on the line here.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
What a total waste of his first game. Such a cluster f*** that we learned nothing about whether he is ready to play at this level or not

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Hard to think of a worse 1st game scenario.

Nashville played like they cared zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad