Brian Finley
Ryan Parent
Chet Pickard
Jonathan Blum

Those are busts.

Scottie Upshall
Colin Wilson

Well below expectations.

David Legwand - below expectations, but far from a bust.

Posting to back this up. Wording matters in these cases. Legwand was far from a bust. 618pts in 1136 games. In no shape, size or form can that be considered a bust. Another good example in RNH who is going to have a similar career as Legwand. Not a bust but more was expected due to draft position.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Using the word bust to describe Legwand just makes you sound stupid sorry it just does. Legwand may have not met expectations, but that is different from a bust. Johnathon Blum, Taylor Beck, those are busts. Guys that can't stay in the game are busts. Guys that don't meet expectations are disappointments.

Reactions: Fortier40

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Ok there are two more pages to this thread... is it all Legwand BS or is there something more about Tolvanen??

Reactions: adsfan

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
1998 was a bad year for scouts. Gomez fell to 27th and two years later won the Calder. Let's hope Tolvanen does the same. Later rounds had two or three guys who should have been first round picks: Ribeiro and Fisher in the 2nd, Brad Richards, Brian Gionta, and Erik Cole in the 3rd, Markov and Datsyuk in the 6th. Even guys like Beauchemin and Ryder were late picks.

I think like 98, lots of people will see Tolvanen and wonder what the hell their team scout missed about him.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
Surely he has you know he's salivating over that right side shot on PP1

Hopefully Tolvanen will give the PP a boost. They could put Forsberg in the slot on that unit, he'll be a threat there for the other team, which might open some room for Tolvanen in that right face-off circle.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
KHL as a league and Jokerit as the team made some kind of Backup for Eeli in case his NHL entry won't go as smooth as expected, and that is reflected in his contract too. It's like a nod that only very rare young guys can ever hope to get in the International hockey scenes. They all ensured that Eeli won't go waste if things go hard for him. There will be always place to him to go, even in worst case scenarios in NA.

I personally find it very classy act from KHL. They recognize the natural force, and credit it accordingly, without over pouring Russian sentimentality, but directed to Finnish youngster who happens to be incredible hockey player.

Message's subtext is: "Farewell Eeli. We all know that we won't see you here again, but if that happens nevertheless, you're welcome to come back anytime you want."

Reactions: LAINEC

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
KHL as a league and Jokerit as the team made some kind of Backup for Eeli in case his NHL entry won't go as smooth as expected, and that is reflected in his contract too. It's like a nod that only very rare young guys can ever hope to get in the International hockey scenes. They all ensured that Eeli won't go waste if things go hard for him. There will be always place to him to go, even in worst case scenarios in NA.

I personally find it very classy act from KHL. They recognize the natural force, and credit it accordingly, without over pouring Russian sentimentality, but directed to Finnish youngster who happens to be incredible hockey player.

Message's subtext is: "Farewell Eeli. We all know that we won't see you here again, but if that happens nevertheless, you're welcome to come back anytime you want."
This comment is almost ridiculous enough to be posted by Putin.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
This comment is almost ridiculous enough to be posted by Putin.

How? What the hell Russian president has to do with this?

I don't know what Mr. Putin thinks (nor care), but presumably he can also recognize hockey talent when he sees it (being de facto 'General manager' of CSKA Moskow and hockey player himself....

So does Finnish hockey circles, and Mr. Kurri (for example) and few others (you cannot find top tier hockey player in Finland who would testify against, btw). Preds Front Office seems to be rather aroused too, and 70 pages in HFPreds works kind of rough barometer of sentiments too, you know (regardless of off-topical BS about Legwand). Also, like there wouldn't be some interest in Finland, concerning future prospects of 19yo Olympic Sniper and top offensive forward of The National Team.

I don't know where the "ridiculousness" starts, and where it ends exactly, but it seems penetrating all levels of perspectives including NHL.com and major international Sports media agencies, so it's easy to see and track the trails of magnitudes of it's ridiculousness. The 'joke' must be very ridiculous to that to happen.

[mod]

You can disagree, but you can't change the tide.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Droog

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
How? What the hell Russian president has to do with this?

I don't know what Mr. Putin thinks (nor care), but presumably he can also recognize hockey talent when he sees it (being de facto 'General manager' of CSKA Moskow and hockey player himself....

So does Finnish hockey circles, and Mr. Kurri (for example) and few others (you cannot find top tier hockey player in Finland who would testify against, btw). Preds Front Office seems to be rather aroused too, and 70 pages in HFPreds works kind of rough barometer of sentiments too, you know (regardless of off-topical BS about Legwand). Also, like there wouldn't be some interest in Finland, concerning future prospects of 19yo Olympic Sniper and top offensive forward of The National Team.

I don't know where the "ridiculousness" starts, and where it ends exactly, but it seems penetrating all levels of perspectives including NHL.com and major international Sports media agencies, so it's easy to see and track the trails of magnitudes of it's ridiculousness. The 'joke' must be very ridiculous to that to happen.

[mod]

You can disagree, but you can't change the tide.
Do not take it personal you are certainly welcome on here but understand that many Predators fans have some outlying distain and distrust towards the KHL given how the Radulov situation went down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: FierceFalcon

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Do not take it personal you are certainly welcome on here but understand that many Predators fans have some outlying distain and distrust towards the KHL given how the Radulov situation went down.

No worries. Nothing personal. I understand. I also hope that we all could keep political connotations out of this. Eeli is enough promising as the young hockey player, he don't have to be prone to unwilling use of any political agendas. Everyone can see his talent, and as it seems to me, everyone seems also hoping only good for him in his future enterprises.

While not being statistician, it's easy to predict statistically that Eeli will bring few cohorts of new, mostly Finnish Nashville Predators fans overseas with him, and it's easy to see that all kinds differences in cultural and hockey-cultural things related to that could cause some initial misunderstandings: Finnish hockey fans have certain tendency to be... uh... rather dedicated. ;)

NHL and KHL are competing commercial blocks of mega-corporations, and as far as I can see Eeli hasn't been a pawn on a board in their chess... acting merely like the promoted end-game Rook at the 8th row after king-march over whole board. Let's try keep it that way on behalf of fans here and there. :nod:

No harm intended.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
That interview during the first intermission was pretty good. The guy's so confident and comfortable in situations like these...Incredibly mature.
I was surprised by that too. He didn't look nervous at all. Loved the no hesitation answer as to what he can bring to a team "Offense. Scoring goals."

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Our bottom 6 is offensive ineptitude right now. We need Tolvanen and I don't care if he plays 3rd line or top 6 and moves someone down it can only help our 3rd line.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Buffalo game Saturday? WDYT? It's probably a little earlier than ideal, but is this the best matchup to check him out before the end? If he can show something on the PP especially that's a major need for the team right now... unlocking a solution there might be worth jumping the gun a little... ?

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Buffalo game Saturday? WDYT? It's probably a little earlier than ideal, but is this the best matchup to check him out before the end? If he can show something on the PP especially that's a major need for the team right now... unlocking a solution there might be worth jumping the gun a little... ?
Poile said yesterday he hopes (I think that was his word) Tolvanen plays Saturday or Sunday.

SauceMyBiscuit

Aug 22, 2015
Atlanta, GA

Yeah better vs Buffalo than TB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad