Prospect Info: At 30th Overall the Predators Select Eeli Tolvanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
Sometimes I wish only WE could post on the Preds board.
Gets old people coming in here and jumping our bones.. it was a political joke, not a hatred-driven statement. 2018, much?:help:

Really excited to see the dynamic he brings to the PP. I expect to see him on that first until. Just get sissons out of there and have Arvy as the netfront guy, which he is good at. Forsberg at LW, Tolvanen at RW, Joey taking Forsberg’s spot at the point, with any of Subban, Josi, Ellis. Preferably in that order.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
How? What the hell Russian president has to do with this?

I don't know what Mr. Putin thinks (nor care), but presumably he can also recognize hockey talent when he sees it (being de facto 'General manager' of CSKA Moskow and hockey player himself....

So does Finnish hockey circles, and Mr. Kurri (for example) and few others (you cannot find top tier hockey player in Finland who would testify against, btw). Preds Front Office seems to be rather aroused too, and 70 pages in HFPreds works kind of rough barometer of sentiments too, you know (regardless of off-topical BS about Legwand). Also, like there wouldn't be some interest in Finland, concerning future prospects of 19yo Olympic Sniper and top offensive forward of The National Team.

I don't know where the "ridiculousness" starts, and where it ends exactly, but it seems penetrating all levels of perspectives including NHL.com and major international Sports media agencies, so it's easy to see and track the trails of magnitudes of it's ridiculousness. The 'joke' must be very ridiculous to that to happen.

[mod]

You can disagree, but you can't change the tide.
I was making a nuanced joke about your view that somehow the KHL was being so nice and accommodating to let Eeli come to play in the NHL this year. News flash: They didn't have a ****ing choice, his contract is done! Sure Kurri agreed to release him a few weeks early but your propaganda take on the subject sounds like something Putan would say about the Russian Hockey League.

I hope that clears up any misunderstanding and/or misgivings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
I was making a nuanced joke about your view that somehow the KHL was being so nice and accommodating to let Eeli come to play in the NHL this year. News flash: They didn't have a ****ing choice, his contract is done! Sure Kurri agreed to release him a few weeks early but your propaganda take on the subject sounds like something Putan would say about the Russian Hockey League.

I hope that clears up any misunderstanding and/or misgivings.
He said that he thinks that it's nice how Jokerit & KHL seemed to leave the door open for Eeli if it doesn't work out in the NHL (Why wouldn't they?)...nothing about how nice they were to let him go...

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
You guys will be so happy to get him at late 1st round. Best goal scorer in 2017 year draft.

Laviolette said Tolvanen will play this weekend. Still working through whether or not that will be tomorrow but he’ll let us know tomorrow.

Reactions: TitansVolsPreds615

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I see nothing wrong with Se829ne's initial posts and agree with him that it was a nice and understanding gesture of the KHL to wish Tolvanen well. I understand that people are sensitive and on edge about Russian matters, but that doesn't mean that you should assume the worst intentions and connect anyone who doesn't do the same to Putin. That's a rather lousy way to treat a guest who was just sharing an article with us, IMHO.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I see nothing wrong with Se829ne's initial posts and agree with him that it was a nice and understanding gesture of the KHL to wish Tolvanen well. I understand that people are sensitive and on edge about Russian matters, but that doesn't mean that you should assume the worst intentions and connect anyone who doesn't do the same to Putin. That's a rather lousy way to treat a guest who was just sharing an article with us, IMHO.

Agreed, jump a guy then complain that he jumped us. And no I have never wished to only have Preds fans post here. Go to Facebook if you want to get a pat on the back or somebody hurts your feelings... that's where you go to selectively pick which opinion you hear.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Yeah not my problem. I'm pretty sure if I went to site with French speaking they wouldn't be saying " that poor guy doesn't understand ".
Mighty arrogant of you. That's a completely different premise. Now if you would have studied French and are somewhat fluent in it, then it would be applicable here ;)

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It was a stupid joke why is everyone so tore up about it?

There's a difference between joking with a person and making a joke of him. You made a joke at his expense and he didn't take it well. We're simply letting him know that we don't all agree with that and that he's still welcome here.

Reactions: Peanut
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad