Prospect Info: At 30th Overall the Predators Select Eeli Tolvanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Forsberg was 20 before he managed to stick full-time with the big club. It's not going to limit my optimism toward ET if he needs some time in the AHL to round out his game and work with the Preds' training staff to gain some strength and a little more size. He's 18. Let him develop. He's nice to have on the team as additional depth right now and to give him a taste. Now if he keeps working hard like he has been to get this far, he'll be fine. He has the talent. If he keeps up the drive he's shown so far, he'll be on the big team when he's ready.
Let's be realistic, that was only because of Trotz.

main board one is way worse.
Ugh, I read that mess...bad just bad. Nothing but a pissing contest.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Sure the kid hasn't done anything to be seen as a success in his two games, but this whole "zero shots" comes off as folks who didn't watch the game and only saw the stat line. He did have at least a shot attempt from the slot against the Sabres but it doesn't go down as a SOG because it went wide. And I know he had a couple of plays around the net in each game where the play died before the puck made it on goal.

There's definitely plenty of potential to work with, but calling it one way or another after two games (heck, during the next season or more) is nonsense.

exeswiss

Jun 8, 2013
well he played the whole season on big ice, we have to give him at least the remaining games to adapt to the small ice.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Idk, most of the time he was on the ice he was sitting on the point to cover for a D-man, actually had to play a couple of man on man rushes against. His biggest adjustment will be in reading the play when it comes to how our D-men play, knowing when he can release and rotate down low or getting up ice faster and making the center cover for the D.

Last edited:

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
I love how it was said like a million times that Eeli is probably not going to be a rainmaker and that people aren't expecting him to be.

But when it turns out he actually really is not a rainmaker, people get upset.

Let the kid adjust for f***s sake.

Reactions: triggrman

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I love how it was said like a million times that Eeli is probably not going to be a rainmaker and that people aren't expecting him to be.

Let the kid adjust for ****s sake.
Great advice. Thanks for stopping by.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I remember watching a rookie debut with a hat trick in his 1st game and the main board was predicting a hall of fame career. He was highly hyped much more than ET and everyone was drooling all over him when he finally made his debut. His name: Fabian Brunnstrom so let’s pump the brakes after a few games

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
I'm not surprised by his play these past two games and really didn't expect too much from him. I remember all the hype around Forsberg and Fiala but how they didn't live up to the hype when they first started. It took a year in the AHL I believe for Forsberg got get adjusted to the NHL and then he was on fire when he came up to play for the Predators and it took Fiala longer/two years I believe. I see the same thing happening to Tolvanen. Think he will need time to develop his game. As long as he just keeps on improving each game he plays, I'm good. At least he hadn't looked out of place or bad out there. He just haven't stood out though or scored. I say let him play the rest of the season and then sit him out unless one of our players gets injured and we need someone to fill in post season. I definitely wouldn't use up his 9 games though unless he just tears it up these next three games. This guy is still young and needs time to adjust to the NHL and develop his game imo.

Last edited:

Lateralous

Jun 17, 2003
Abington, PA
Visit site
I'm not surprised by his play these past two games and really didn't expect too much from him. I remember all the hype around Forsberg and Fiala but how they didn't live up to the hype when they first started. It took a year in the AHL I believe for Forsberg got get adjusted to the NHL ice and then he was on fire when he came up to play for the Predators and it took Fiala longer/two years I believe. I see the same thing happening to Tolvanen. Think he will need time to develop his game. As long as he just keeps on improving each game he plays, I'm good. At least he hadn't looked out of place or bad out there. He just haven't stood out though or scored. I say let him play the rest of the season and then sit him out unless one of our players gets injured and we need someone to fill in post season. I definitely wouldn't use up his 9 games though unless he just tears it up these next three games. This guy is still young and needs time to develop his game imo.

I think this is the key. It's not that Tolvanen didn't score a hat trick his first time out but he didn't really show anything so far that makes me think it's worth burning a year off his ELC when the Preds are currently 14 deep at Forward anyway. Oh well, 7 more games to play with before that decision needs to be made.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth

Let the kid adjust for ****s sake.

That was just some Finnish kid who overreacted, no one else.

Reactions: FierceFalcon

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
I think we ought to try him on the RW on one of the top 2 lines, especially if Arvidsson is still out. Might as well see how he does there considering that's where he's used to playing.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
he's actually a natural left wing as weird as it seems considering his shot and highlights. forsberg would be the perfect guy to make it "easy" on him. forsberg is a wizard at times. almost a PPG and a +/- 27 (not the end all be all) but a good indication of his skills with and without the puck.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
he's actually a natural left wing as weird as it seems considering his shot and highlights. forsberg would be the perfect guy to make it "easy" on him. forsberg is a wizard at times. almost a PPG and a +/- 27 (not the end all be all) but a good indication of his skills with and without the puck.

Dang, I've gotten confused about his natural wing a bunch. Still, it might be worthwhile to try him in Arvy's spot.

Razamanaz

Oct 22, 2017
Northern Hemisphere.
Relax, relax just relax a bit Nashville ... you're just too blind too see; that is just a kid (Eeli Tolvanen) playin' out there with those ugly seasoned NHL-ers who just wanna make a stand and kick the livin' shite out o' the new overhyped kid in town.

And they know for sure who he is.

Everybody in the icehockey world knows.

Fact.

Next time around Eeli Tolvanen steps in the NHL rinks he won't be kicked around like a wreckin' ball - quite the opposite me thinx.

Coz; belivie it or not; he's been around hard men quite a lot both at KHL and the Olympics.

And right about now he must just know the jive of NHL ...

Last edited:

SauceMyBiscuit

Aug 22, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Relax, relax just relax a bit Nashville ... you're just too blind too see; that is just a kid (Eeli Tolvanen) playin' out there with those ugly seasoned NHL-ers who just wanna make a stand and kick the livin' ****e out o' the new overhyped kid in town.

And they know for sure who he is.

Everybody in the icehockey world knows.

Fact.

Next time around Eeli Tolvanen steps in the NHL rinks he won't be kicked around like a wreckin' ball - quite the opposite me thinx.

Coz; belivie it or not; he's been around hard men quite a lot both at KHL and the Olympics.

And right about now he must just know the jive of NHL ...

I didn’t know you could successfully kick a wrecking ball

Reactions: Scoresberg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad