Prospect Info: At 30th Overall the Predators Select Eeli Tolvanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
So if his team were to be eliminated tomorrow, he would probably sign a contract with the Preds on late Thursday/during Friday and be ready to play by the end of the week in the NHL?

Prins Filip

Jun 3, 2010
Filippines
So if his team were to be eliminated tomorrow, he would probably sign a contract with the Preds on late Thursday/during Friday and be ready to play by the end of the week in the NHL?
He has already signed it, assumably to get the immigration issues sorted beforehand. But yeah, he and Preds are preparing for a hasty transfer for him from KHL to NHL.

Reactions: FierceFalcon

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
He has already signed it, assumably to get the immigration issues sorted beforehand. But yeah, he and Preds are preparing for a hasty transfer for him from KHL to NHL.

I will say for the sake of fantasy and waiver claim priority, I really hope he joins the Preds this week. Who knows, maybe he's set to where when he loses, he leaves for the NHL immediately (that night)?

PS - I miss Lavy.

Last edited:

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I hope people won't be disappointed if he doesn't catch fire instantly. The jump from KHL to NHL is a big one, especially for an 18 year old.

I can't speak for everyone, but my excitement is more related to his future than what he brings this year. To be bringing in a prospect of his caliber drafted so late in his draft year, to a team that has had as much success as we have...it's been a seriously special year for this franchise in a lot of ways. I will just say that.

Reactions: LCPreds
okerit Eeli Tolvanen has signed an NHL contract with Nashville Predators.
The season at KHL may end on Thursday, but the one-player season is not over yet.

Eeli Tolvasen's season will continue at Nashville Predators' NHL organization. He is the Predators first round booking (30th player) in the summer of 2017.

Tolvanen, 18, has signed an agreement with Nashville and travels to North America right after the jockey season.

Getting out of the way becomes busy. According to Ilta-Sanomat, Tolvanen has already clarified his work permit and visa case in the US Embassy. The contract has been established some time ago, but it is not to be announced until the Jokeri season is over. Sports magazine and Ilta-Sanomat wrote

I'm reluctant to leave NHL in February .

Jokeries are in the KHL playoffs at a loss to Moscow TsSKA in matches 1-3. The fifth match in the series is played on Thursday in Moscow. Four wins continue. Of course, jockers are still able to turn the series into a win.
According to NHL's collective bargaining agreement, the contract is a three-year contract. Its key issues are clearly defined in a contract of employment, such as the maximum total wage ($ 925,000 or € 753577 per season) and the fact that the contract is bidirectional. The two-way agreement means that the player's pay is lower in the farm league than in the NHL.

Nashville plans to offer Tolvasen an opportunity to play at NHL. Team GM David Poilehas not coverted the desire to qualify for Tolvanen during this season.

Now its the time.

For lions, the news is not just positive. Tolvanen was the best in the Olympic Games and would definitely be the key players in the World Cup, but Nashville will be retiring this season until the Stanley Cup finals, leaving the World Championships inevitably behind Tolvas.
You will receive bonuses

According to IS's information, the performance bonuses in the contract are unusually high. According to information from IS, even bonuses on the basic salary of Patrick Laine are not as hard as Tolvasella.

IS now wrote another NHL in Winnipeg for Laine bonuses at the beginning of March . He now has the opportunity to almost quadruple the basic salary of his income contract.

At best, Laine can earn a total of $ 2.65 million in the second NHL season with A and B bonuses, which would raise annual earnings to $ 3.58 million, or 2.89 million.

Players can also get bonuses out of the gaming agreement that NHL pays for prize-winning stakes, as well as for ten-ranked players in the paint, feed and stock market.

The sensation period is running

Even though Eni Tolvanen did not bother the great people until this season, he was always known as a tough scorer. He won the 2014 C-Youth SM-Series paintings after making 43 goals and the following year, the B-Youth SM-Series painted 39 times.

During the next two seasons, in US junior league USHL (2015-17), Tolvanen made 47 goals in 101 matches. He moved to the Jokers for this season.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Google translate is close enough. The interesting stuff was indeed covered by Prins Filip on the previous page, most importantly that the contract seems to have been signed already a while ago and work permit and visa stuff cleared with the embassy.

For those who wonders, Finnish national team is called Lions. So the translation is correct there, the national team could use Tolvanen at the world championship.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
This reminded me of this gem:

I'd like to say that while that seems accurate, I've literally never read or seen anyone say the final "-kokaan" or "-kaanko" forms. They seem like they're just for showing off... Sort of like a word like epäjärjestelmällisyydettömyydelläänsäkäänköhän which I guess is correct but probably the point won't come across.

But well, all the others before those are more or less commonly used. And of course, the specifics depend on the base word

Personally, I'm not really sure about what I should expect with Eeli's debut with the Predators. I hope that he's going to at least be able to get into the game pretty soon and won't just look totally lost. I guess I wouldn't really be expecting him to produce a massive amount or anything at this point in time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gh24

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I'd like to say that while that seems accurate, I've literally never read or seen anyone say the final "-kokaan" or "-kaanko" forms. They seem like they're just for showing off... Sort of like a word like epäjärjestelmällisyydettömyydelläänsäkäänköhän which I guess is correct but probably the point won't come across.

But well, all the others before those are more or less commonly used. And of course, the specifics depend on the base word
It still quite funny to see that we have by far the funniest language in the world if we go reaaally deep.. But we still don't use some of them at all, and if we use you probably get a weird look. But I can see myself using a lot of them, probably some shortened versions like "koiral (=koiralla)".

And you can say a lot using just a word "koira" and some other words. But if you write Finnish, you need a lot of those words.

Onks tää sun koira? (Is this dog yours?)
Kuinka vanha sun koira on? "How old is your dog?"
Onko sun koira sairas/nälkäinen? "Is your dog sick/hungry?"

Etc.

I used spoken Finnish with those questions, sorry.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I doubt they will just throw him in there. He will probably get some practice and get a chance to learn the system plus rest a bit. Granted could be totally wrong on that.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I'd expect few practices and limited, sheltered role in first few games. For him to be effective, he needs to get familiar with the system. He needs to know how his teammates think, so he can recognize the openings and know where they expect him to be. I don't think he can create much space for himself at the beginning, so he's reliant on his linemates.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I expect nothing short of a hat trick and a triple lindy from the zamboni in ET's debut. He better be snacking on some Reese's Pieces on the bench while he's at it.

NSHPreds1835

Glads/Preds
May 24, 2011
Monroe GA

Well I don't think anyone can top the Welsh when it comes to the naming of a town and Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad