Prospect Info: At 30th Overall the Predators Select Eeli Tolvanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
It does not have that much more new information:

Eeli is gonna go almost immediately to NHL after his KHL season ends and that ELCs in general have a standard structure.

It also says that he has higher performance bonuses than Laine. Laine's max bonuses would be 2,650,000. They also mention the possibility of bonuses outside the contract, such as from trophies, finishing in top10 in scoring etc.

Could be that he has some playoff bonuses this year, since I suppose the player salaries are distributed by regular season games instead of the playoff games?

Other stuff in the article is just recap from his career so far.

An ELC player can individually negotiate the Schedule A and Schedule B bonuses with the Club, as per the Exhibit 5 of the CBA. The allowed max for A is $850k, the allowed max for B is $2M. To top Laine, Tolvanen must have the full $2M on B, so the "standard" 1OA paper with full $2.85M in potential bonuses. You can get such paper if you're in position to negotiate. Panarin had on, Vesey has one.

To unlock A bonus categories an ELC forward needs to get 20G/35A/60P/0.73PpGP or do well in certain in-team comparisons (like, to have top6 Time on Ice).

Top 3/5/whatever for trophies (excl. Calder, Lady Byng) and league Top 1o in G/A/P/PpGP are the regular Schedule B bonus achievements and they are and need to be in the contract obviously. The league actually pays a smaller bonus for those achievements to any ELC guy, but if you get drafted high enough (~top 5) or have the negotiation power, the Club can agree to pay you up to $2M for any of those achievements of top of that.

Jaska

Oct 1, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
I do not believe that Eeli will get much time on ice. I think this is more of a way to get him in the team to experience what is means to play for SC. He won't likely make a difference this spring, but this gives him a head start before the next season arrives.

Happy to be wrong and see him score points, however!

Lovsan

Oct 18, 2015
Finland
i wonder who he gets to play with once he arrives, 3rd line? for sure in pp2, will play around 10-13minutes per game, dependin on pp time.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
i wonder who he gets to play with once he arrives, 3rd line? for sure in pp2, will play around 10-13minutes per game, dependin on pp time.
3rd line with the upside of top 6 minutes when/if he plays well- usage on PP will be there since we don't really have a legit sniper role for either PP, but probably will see 2nd PP time.
And he's nice injury insurance and depth as is.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
3rd line with the upside of top 6 minutes when/if he plays well- usage on PP will be there since we don't really have a legit sniper role for either PP, but probably will see 2nd PP time.

Would anyone disagree that you can make a case he would immediately have the best wrist shot on the team, only rivaled by FF? Slapper isn't far behind either.

Lovsan

Oct 18, 2015
Finland

i doubt they give him top6 minutes right away, thou he has played quite lot in small rink, that might make differense. Hopefully he has a good start when he arrives.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
thats the ideal yoshi. get him soon enough where we can see how he fits for 3-4 games before the playoffs. then you can decide if he would be enough of an upgrade to risk burning his ELC in the playoffs.

the way i look at it is he's probably just insurance for an injury to fiala, forsberg, arvidson or smith primarily. not to jack up our third line wing. if that's all we see for right now, and we have no top two line injuries you probably don't burn a year of the ELC.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
That is a best case scenario for the Preds right?? He scores an unbelievable goal that doesn't count, meaning our chances of his season being over today increase..........:thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad