Prospect Info: At 30th Overall the Predators Select Eeli Tolvanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARGD

Oct 18, 2016
7th in points per game. Everyone above him has played at least couple more games.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
If this guy doesn't go straight to the NHL when he comes to North America he's going to be like Radulov where he plays 5-10 games for the Admirals, completely dominates and then gets called up.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
1+1 and 5 shots with only about 13 minutes of icetime. His shots per game average is also already at the top of the whole league (I think 4th at the moment) and getting closer to 5 per game already. The kid is an absolute beast!

Last edited:
Reactions: Adz

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
That reminds me of Stamkos/Ovechkin/Laine, left all alone at the dot and just rips it. If he can continue to pot goals even after teams focus in on him he can be a great player.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
That reminds me of Stamkos/Ovechkin/Laine, left all alone at the dot and just rips it. If he can continue to pot goals even after teams focus in on him he can be a great player.
But check again how it happens. He is not just standing and waiting there. He just glides in at the last moment and whacks a bomb onetimer in from even slight backwards skating still. How do you really stop something like that?

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
But check again how it happens. He is not just standing and waiting there. He just glides in at the last moment and whacks a bomb onetimer in from even slight backwards skating still. How do you really stop something like that?

Exactly, and players like Ovechkin and Stamkos still score from those spots despite teams having that target on their backs. Very exciting player for us.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Jokerit top 5 scoring after 12 GP: Tolvanen 8+6, Gilroy 2+9, N.Jensen 6+4, O'Neill 4+5, Norman 3+5.

I like how he stands out now; the sooner he gets proper attention from other teams, the sooner we know where he really stands :)

I made a streamable of the goal

Sorry, for me the clip runs only once (and starts before I get the page scrolled to the post) then jams. Can you try if Youtube or Twitter inserts work better? Sure I see it by reloading the page but that'll get inconvenient over time...

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com

Yes, that's some Brett Hull quality stuff. I'm not saying Eeli will be anywhere near Brett Hull good at scoring goals. But Brett had the knack to kind of disappear and the re-emerge in an open area just as the puck was getting there so he could snap one in.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Jokerit top 5 scoring after 12 GP: Tolvanen 8+6, Gilroy 2+9, N.Jensen 6+4, O'Neill 4+5, Norman 3+5.

I like how he stands out now; the sooner he gets proper attention from other teams, the sooner we know where he really stands :)

Sorry, for me the clip runs only once (and starts before I get the page scrolled to the post) then jams. Can you try if Youtube or Twitter inserts work better? Sure I see it by reloading the page but that'll get inconvenient over time...

He and his line have already got pretty much special treatment from the opponents for several games already. The beauty of it has been really that despite of being already targeted he has not slowed down at all, and he has very consistently been generating shots and creating chances in every game.

Reactions: Torque

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Pretty impressive stuff. Hope he can keep it up. Good be an amazing steal in the draft at this rate.

Hard to stay even keel with this kid.

I agree, but he's playing the KHL and if Jokerit had stayed in the SHL it still would be very impressive. Also the goalie for Jokerit is killing it too.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
I hope his game translates to the NHL. But before we get too excited, remember we had the KHL's leading goal scorer a few years back and was let go half through the season IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad