Prospect Info: At 30th Overall the Predators Select Eeli Tolvanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
While I'm sure there already are teams evaluating their performance last draft, at the same time I must say that while Eeli's game looks good, it's best to expect a BIG step back in his production pace. 2PPG pace will not continue for long, and I expect for it to settle down to 0.5PPG or so during the season.

Still a torrid pace if he could manage that, but I think his shot alone will bring him close to that.

Actually, I changed my mind. After watching him for the past 3 and a half games he looks like the best forward in the team. Regin scored 48 in 57 games last season, and what comes to scoring (points) I'd have tough time picking between the two today. I would expect Tolvanen to keep up with him. Anywhere between 0,6-0,8 PPG seems doable if he doesn't get gassed out or injured. Yesterday's 0 points could have as well been 3 points. Not an expert on KHL but so far SKA has been the only team able to shut him down and he hasn't even played one home game yet.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Jokerit play Kunlun Red Star in about five hours. Wonder if Hellberg is in net.

Speaking of, Hellberg's done fairly well for himself in the KHL. 7 games, 1.93 GAA .936 sv%. Mazanec? Not so much..

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Jokerit play Kunlun Red Star in about five hours. Wonder if Hellberg is in net.

Speaking of, Hellberg's done fairly well for himself in the KHL. 7 games, 1.93 GAA .936 sv%. Mazanec? Not so much..

I hated that Hellberg never made it to the Preds, at least permanently. He has such a great name for a goalie.

StPatrik

Apr 13, 2016
Tolvanen with 1+1 today in a Jokerit 2-4 away win against Amur Habarovsk. Nice win from Siberia for Jokerit.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
1+1 for ETolvanen today in a matinee vs Amur
- 4 games: goose eggs, 3 games 4+4...go figure

Buuuut,i guess,fans shouldnt expect consistancy from a 18 year old
playing in the KHL,at the moment anyways,thatll come i believe,
and those goose egg cold streaks come at less.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
1+1 for ETolvanen today in a matinee vs Amur
- 4 games: goose eggs, 3 games 4+4...go figure

Buuuut,i guess,fans shouldnt expect consistancy from a 18 year old
playing in the KHL,at the moment anyways,thatll come i believe,
and those goose egg cold streaks come at less.

I wouldn't worry about those 0+0 games. It's not like he has played worse in those games, in fact he went 0+0 in a game many thought was his best. It should even out during the season.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
All scorers are streaky. And he did still play well in those games it's not like he went to shadows during that drought.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
I thought this was his 'worst' game so far but I think that had a lot to do with having a new linemate and in overall the possession game for his line just wasn't as good as it was in previous games. But no way that was a bad for him though, just couldn't standout like in previous games.

His decision making and confidence everytime he gets the puck just screams a star in the NHL for me. Also, from everything I've gathered from interviews, he seems to be strong mentally also. No doubt that has helped him in his first pro games.

Finnished

Jan 31, 2013
Also the road trip Jokerit is having now is way longer than anything in the NHL. It takes 8 hours by plane to Beijing from Helsinki and I am not even sure if they had direct flights. Time difference is also 2x more than the biggest time difference in the NHL. Jokerit has played surprisingly well given that they have now played 7 games on the road in a row and still one road game left.. Today vs Vladivostok.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Also the road trip Jokerit is having now is way longer than anything in the NHL. It takes 8 hours by plane to Beijing from Helsinki and I am not even sure if they had direct flights. Time difference is also 2x more than the biggest time difference in the NHL. Jokerit has played surprisingly well given that they have now played 7 games on the road in a row and still one road game left.. Today vs Vladivostok.

is there a KHL team located further west than Jokerit? travel to Vladivostok is literally half a world away. Crazy to have a pro sports league that spread out

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
is there a KHL team located further west than Jokerit? travel to Vladivostok is literally half a world away. Crazy to have a pro sports league that spread out

HC Slovan Bratislava, almost 800 miles further west than Helsinki.

4209 miles from Helsinki to Vladivostok by plane, 4997 from Bratislava.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
First period done between CSKA and Jokerit.

Jokerit lead 2-0 and Tolvanen with an assist so far.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
After second hatty, Tolvanen now at 11GP 12P = 7G + 5A

http://en.khl.ru/players/27752/

Doing better so far than I expected. Heard bits of the interview after the home game hatty against Vityaz, sounded just happy and at ease with the KHL game style, complimented teammates a lot. Surprisingly likable kid for the aggressive scorer type (that I hope he proves to be).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad