Prospect Info: At 24th Overall the Jets Select Kristian Vesalainen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
I would love if he could step right in but I think he's definitely going to spend time in the AHL

I largely agree but I don't know if "definitely" is the right word. Sub in "most likely" and I'm with you. The pace he's scoring at in that league is impressive.

Reactions: Gurilla

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I didnt mind the pick at the time but find myself really liking it now.

Organizational needs are finicky things and tend to change often . Just last season we thought we needed a lot of d. Well fast forward to now and with Morrissey and Trouba continuing to establish themselves as top pairing guys, Poolman looking like a potential 2nd pairing dmen and Niku with a strong start in NA defense looks to actually be rounding unto form nicely.

JoMo Trouba
××× Poolman
Niku ××××

Couple that with some very promising play from some of our other prospects like Stanley, Samberg, Kovacevic and Gawke and it's not as pressing imo.

Meanwhile our lack of bottom 6 depth is shinning through as Petan, Dano etc are having difficulty adapting.

The team has a lot of more finesse and solid two way oriented forwar but that adding a big fast and skilled power forward will add a valuable dimension to the team.

A future third line of Perrault- Roslovic - Vaselinen could give opposimg teams fits.
Right, and don't forget Samberg. I think he could be a dandy.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I watched the first period and a half of this game and he was solid. Showed some good hunger for the puck. I want him to get that golden helmet.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
1+1 now. Great move to set up the tying goal on pp

edit. I guess not then. It got overturned for some weird reason...? That's a really **** call if you ask me

I'm still not sure why it was called back, I didn't see any reason. Wasn't offside, no one was close to the goalie. It clearly went in.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
I'm still not sure why it was called back, I didn't see any reason. Wasn't offside, no one was close to the goalie. It clearly went in.

I think the left goal post wasnt fully in its hole thing, but the problem there is that no one touched it during the shift. Basically refs f***ed up setting up the goal and completely nullified the complete PP chance HPK had.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I think the left goal post wasnt fully in its hole thing, but the problem there is that no one touched it during the shift. Basically refs ****ed up setting up the goal and completely nullified the complete PP chance HPK had.
What a **** show.

Not too bummed as it was still a very nice play by Vesalainen, driving the net and making a nice pass to an open teammate. Nice vision and playmaking.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
OT, but did you know that your favorite player also played his "breakthrough season" in FEL Tappara? Back in 1988-89. I was very young then but I remember nevertheless something. He made 67 points in only 44 games, and that's still the second highest point total ever made by a Tappara player. Teppo Numminen from Tappara did made it into Jets 1.0 at that same 88-89 season. Oh the memories...

sorry for OT

Good ol' loveable Luciano, he was big in Europe for awhile hah

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Did not play today. I can't find anything about why in english. Any Finnish fans know why he was out of the lineup or what his injury is?

Garbox

Feb 27, 2016
Finland
Did not play today. I can't find anything about why in english. Any Finnish fans know why he was out of the lineup or what his injury is?
Couldn't find anything specific on him in their injury thread on Finnish board, just tjat there are many players out with a flu or fever. Day-to-day.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
IMG_0035.jpg

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
Too bad he wasn't healthy enough to play in the four nations. Hopefully he'll be healthy again soon.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
19 points for Vesalainen in 25 games now. After the slow start he has become one of the most important players for his team. A nice prospect to have in the pipeline.

Reactions: Gurilla

Whileee

May 29, 2010
19 points for Vesalainen in 25 games now. After the slow start he has become one of the most important players for his team. A nice prospect to have in the pipeline.
Yup. Leading his Liiga team in scoring, and at 0.76 pts/game on a low-scoring team. He's had a very nice D+1 season so far.

gearmex

Dec 28, 2016
Finland
He got injured today, hit on boards from the back and he go face in to boards got cut, don't know yet if long time injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad