Prospect Info: At 24th Overall the Jets Select Kristian Vesalainen

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
He got injured today, hit on boards from the back and he go face in to boards got cut, don't know yet if long time injury
that happened at the end of 2nd and he got 2 assists in the 3rd. He is not injured badly unless he got late concussion symptoms

Reactions: gearmex

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Jeez...

Both the Moose and Jets are topping their League in points, Roslovic is 2nd in Scoring in the AHL, Lemieux is scoring non stop and as is Niku, Stanley is proving everyone wrong and to put the icing on the cake Vesalainen is on pace for more points/ has more PPG than Laine in his Draft Year(though Vesalainen is in his D+1, it’s still extremely impressive)...

I really hope he becomes the Boeser/Barzel/Connor of the past Draft, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was either...

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Jeez...

Both the Moose and Jets are topping their League in points, Roslovic is 2nd in Scoring in the AHL, Lemieux is scoring non stop and as is Niku, Stanley is proving everyone wrong and to put the icing on the cake Vesalainen is on pace for more points/ has more PPG than Laine in his Draft Year(though Vesalainen is in his D+1, it’s still extremely impressive)...

I really hope he becomes the Boeser/Barzel/Connor of the past Draft, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was either...
Having lots of good young talent in the pipeline is a wonderful thing. Vesalainen does look to be a very promising prospect. I'm looking forward to watching him at the World Juniors.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I was trying to catch up on a couple of his games this weekend (not including today's) and boy does HPK play some truly awful and borderline unwatchable hockey. Their D can't move the puck, when their forwards get into the o-zone, they move the puck along the boards and then back to the points and more often than not resulting in a weak wrister floated in from close to the points or from the far edge of the circle. The middle of the ice is elusive for them in the offensive zone

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Vesalainen is currently 26th overall in scoring in the Finnish Elite League & he's a child playing with men.

Every other player in the top 25 is 21 years of age or older with 80% of this group being over 25.

This season has been quite the coming out party for him this year. Looking forward to seeing him blow up the World Junior in a few weeks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-02 at 7.38.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-02 at 7.38.19 PM.png
    158.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Vesalainen is currently 26th overall in scoring in the Finnish Elite League & he's a child playing with men.

Every other player in the top 25 is 21 years of age or older with 80% of this group being over 25.

This season has been quite the coming out party for him this year. Looking forward to seeing him blow up the World Junior in a few weeks.
He started very slow as well. Must be amongst top scorers in last few weeks. Player of month for November?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Glad this kid is having a big season. Looking forward to watching him at the WJHC’s. How does Finland look.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Glad this kid is having a big season. Looking forward to watching him at the WJHC’s. How does Finland look.
Vesalainen will be one of the very best forwards of team Finland. We will have a stacked defense, which is encouraging (Heiskanen, Juolevi, Välimäki, Salo, Räsänen, Vaakanainen... not a bad list). A deep run is entirely possible.

StiffSquid

Nov 17, 2016
North Carolina
Vesalainen will be one of the very best forwards of team Finland. We will have a stacked defense, which is encouraging (Heiskanen, Juolevi, Välimäki, Salo, Räsänen, Vaakanainen... not a bad list). A deep run is entirely possible.

More than likely the best defensive lineup That Finland has ever had in the world juniors. Tolvanen , Vesalainen etc. Good stuff.

5 years from now : the new legion of doom.

Vesalainen-Scheifele-Laine

Prime Vesalainen better than prime Renberg? - hope so

Prime Laine better than Prime Leclair? - I think so

Prime Scheifele better than prime Lindros? - Tough one. I hope so lol

Last edited:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
His season's been quite impressive lately. He's been very close to a PPG pace. I can't recall but I believe his PPG is at the very least extremely close to Sebastian Aho's at this point in time, and Aho of course went on to have very successful u-20 as well as WHC tournaments and could pretty easily adapt to a top 6 role in NHL the next season. Now, for Vesalainen it might not be quite as smooth but he's really looked impressive lately. If he has a good u-20 tournament he might be able to carry the momentum to an even stronger finish in Liiga.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
What do you guys think this timeline is looking like? Another year in Suomi then the Moose?
His production currently makes me fairly confident in sending him over next year. He should be competing for an NHL spot 2 or 3 years from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad