OT: Around the NHL: We Talkin' 'Bout Coaching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
I hate to say it but this looks more like showboating a tragedy than paying respect. It's an awkward display to me.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The idea is to pay homage but also celebrate the lives of those now gone due to tragedy. Bring some happiness and respect, if only for one night. Teams standing together. Refs with the team. Everyone with the people of Vegas.

It's the distraction that so many need at this time. That's the beauty of this game. It's a game. Gives us a little step away from reality. That was beautiful and classy.

Reactions: BHD and edog37

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
The idea is to pay homage but also celebrate the lives of those now gone due to tragedy. Bring some happiness and respect, if only for one night. Teams standing together. Refs with the team. Everyone with the people of Vegas.

It's the distraction that so many need at this time. That's the beauty of this game. It's a game. Gives us a little step away from reality. That was beautiful and classy.

Well that's the thing... I don't know how a long and loud ceremony for a tragedy distracts one from a tragedy. To each their own, I guess, but I personally think it was over the top and I can't imagine wanting to see that if I was recovering from it. That may be more a projection of my general awkwardness than anything else as this was more likely positively received than not.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
3-0 Vegas up now. The Coyotes look like the expansion team here, they can't handle the puck for ****.

Tocchet is out of his class as a head coach. He's a good assistant coach, but he just can't be a head coach.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
3-0 Vegas up now. The Coyotes look like the expansion team here, they can't handle the puck for ****.

They're a mildly better team with significantly less motivation. And not just tonight. A lottery team, for sure, if not the last place prize winner.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
They're a mildly better team with significantly less motivation. And not just tonight. A lottery team, for sure, if not the last place prize winner.

The issue is that Arizona should be good, though. Their top-4 defense is very good, with an elite #1, they brought in a #1 center in Stepan and a starting goalie in Raanta, but they still look like ****. Their team should be good, it's just not.

4-0 now, Neal with the PP goal. This is pathetic from the Yotes.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
This game is actually really good. The arena has a great atmosphere and the team is playing really good.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Man, you cats who have second teams in the NHL are a cut above the norm. I can't root for anyone else in the NHL, it has to be Extraliga for me. :laugh:
I have kind of liked Minnesota for years because I go there every summer, but I don't actively root for them, only if they are playing a team I actively loathe. And now I kind of like Vegas for obvious reasons...but I'm not buying a shirt or hat or anything. lol

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh

Word. I personally dislike moments of silences. I'd prefer it if they were turned into "moments of celebration" of some sort.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Vegas is kind of fun to watch at the moment. Basically an entire team comprised of guys getting much, much bigger opportunities than they would on any other team and making the most of it.

Not gonna last, though.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Word. I personally dislike moments of silences. I'd prefer it if they were turned into "moments of celebration" of some sort.
Man I so agree. I hope at my funeral they are drinking and having a blast. Don't even have a funeral service. Have a party. I lived. This has been a blast. Celebrate it.

Reactions: Darth Vitale

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Just go with the cheapest way to dispose of me without going to jail. Then whatever, I'll be dead and gone.

My great uncle had a celebration of life thing. It was f***ing depressing.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
It's weird to see so many former Pens in prominent roles on the same team. It's basically been the Neal, Emgo, Fleury show tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad