OT: Around the NHL: We Talkin' 'Bout Coaching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah Vegas is the secondary team I am following. I don't post in their forum as much, but I plan to during the season, the more I watch. I am really starting to like that home jersey though, planning on getting a Fleury one, it definitely looks better in action than I originally anticipated.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
ca78e0dfd31736b14eef4ae0f97bb86d.jpg

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
Definitely buying myself a Vegas Fleury jersey for Christmas. What a season he's having so far. I know it's only 3 games but I think the only goals scored on him so far are deflections.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I'm happy for Flower. He looked really good last night. The change of location seems to be treating him well so far.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Would love to see MAF help get Vegas into the postseason in year 1 while legitimately contending for a Vezina. Really the only thing that stands in his way of being a surefire HOF is some individual hardware. Guy is seriously such a class act and left here on the highest note possible.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Would love to see MAF help get Vegas into the postseason in year 1 while legitimately contending for a Vezina. Really the only thing that stands in his way of being a surefire HOF is some individual hardware. Guy is seriously such a class act and left here on the highest note possible.

I'd like that for him. I wouldn't like that for my facebook feed. I already have former teammates blowing up my feed with "we let go of the wrong goalie, Murray is overrated" non stop.

Of course, that's much less important, although really annoying.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
We had to make the decision we did. My only trepidation with Murray is can he stand up for a full season and not wear down or get hurt. We'll just have to wait and see. Fleury is lights out right now, and even at his age now he still moves laterally faster then any goalie in the league probably. His recovery speed is ridiculous. Vegas is rapidly becoming a 2nd team for me to watch. Gotta get a Fleury jersey.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I'd like that for him. I wouldn't like that for my facebook feed. I already have former teammates blowing up my feed with "we let go of the wrong goalie, Murray is overrated" non stop.

I just gloss over the yinzers who bring up that nonsense. It won't stop and no fact of life will change their minds. On the flip side of that coin was the over the top hatred on this very forum in regards to MAF though. 95% of the people on here shit on Marc more than anywhere else on the net, especially from 2012 onward. It got old just as quickly as the middle aged women and casual fan beaming about MAF regardless of how poorly he played.

The real fans understand what MAF did for this franchise. He WAS the first building block, even before Sid and Geno. He was lights out in 2008. Wasn't near as good in 2009 but made the important stops when he needed to, topped off with the iconic save against Lidstrom to bring the Cup home. He had some very rough periods along the way between then and last year (we don't win the Cup without him through rounds 1 and 2) but I was never one to put sole blame on the guy, all the time which is what I saw on this very forum. It's absurd to universally condemn a goalie for poor play (usually) without factoring in how the guys in front of him are playing. Many times Fleury deserved flak. Other times you could strongly argue the team hung him out to dry. Just a week ago we saw the Pens give up 10 goals. Now both goalies stats made them out to be horrendous, but anyone who understands hockey knows the defense was more to blame than the netminding vs Chicago. So many of those goals against were the result of blown assignments, lack of hustle, etc.

The Pens absolutely made the right call keeping Murray long term. From a performance standpoint and economic one.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

Ha! I don't even got facebook anymore and I been better off for it. Still not a Fleury fan but it's good he's doing well elsewhere.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

Curate that feed bruh. The "see less posts like this" button exists for a reason. ;)

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Banners for everybody!

Amusingly, despite putting up new banners this year, the Pens actually had a net reduction in banners this year. During the home opener I noticed that they've now consolidated all of their division titles on to a single "Division Champions" banner that lists all the years. Kind of a shame - it was neat seeing all the old names up there in the past.
Of course, that's mostly to make room on that row for two new banners: 2016-17 Eastern Conference Championship banner, and a new Conn Smythe banner that lists the five times Pens have won that award.
(Yes, I know they added three banners, but the Stanley Cup banners get their own row in the rafters, so they weren't affected by this change).

Part of me is a bit "meh" about the Conn Smythe, MVP and Scoring Leader banners, to be honest. On the other hand, it's kind of amusing that it takes two banners to list the scoring leaders :D

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I've always liked Yakupov and thought he got a raw deal in Edmonton with development and was stuck with Hitch in St.Louis, which is like from bad to worse if you are in a change of scenery situation. He's doing well in Colorado, I hope he keeps that up. It's impossible talking about certain players in our forum because of the negativity for anyone that is a reclamation project, but as idiotic as Joe Sakic is, this one. was a good move.

He now has 3 goals, 2 assists, in 4 games.

That's 5pts and he's +6.

Jesus Christ this site is even worse today, just terrible.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's funny how many ex Pens are on that team.

Hynes
Shero
Fitzgerald
Gibbons
Lovejoy

Am I forgetting anyone?

I felt like I hated the Devils more when Lou ran that team, since Shero took over, yeah they sucked, but even when the Devils played the Pens hard, I was more intrigued how Hynes would do, etc.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
It's funny how many ex Pens are on that team.

Hynes
Shero
Fitzgerald
Gibbons
Lovejoy

Am I forgetting anyone?

I felt like I hated the Devils more when Lou ran that team, since Shero took over, yeah they sucked, but even when the Devils played the Pens hard, I was more intrigued how Hynes would do, etc.

I definitely don't hate them as much as back then when they had Brodeur, Stevens and company. They definitely have a nice young team and a solid goalie who will keep them in every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->