OT: Around the NHL: We Talkin' 'Bout Coaching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Man I so agree. I hope at my funeral they are drinking and having a blast. Don't even have a funeral service. Have a party. I lived. This has been a blast. Celebrate it.

Not to revive a down topic but 100% on board with this. People need to stop with the "make a poor attempt at preserving my body with formaldehyde, put it in a box and bury it" mentality. Waste of money, waste of real estate, wasted opportunity. Cremation all the way. Stay away from the damn musty, depressing funeral home too. It's like everyone has to be remembered in a room that never left the 70s. No wake, no funeral.

Cremation per last will and testament, spread ashes in good spot, then meet up for the back yard BBQ. lol That's how my wife and I are doing it. No joke. Put it in the will. Never know when you might get hit by a bus.

I've always liked Yakupov and thought he got a raw deal in Edmonton with development and was stuck with Hitch in St.Louis, which is like from bad to worse if you are in a change of scenery situation. He's doing well in Colorado, I hope he keeps that up. It's impossible talking about certain players in our forum because of the negativity for anyone that is a reclamation project, but as idiotic as Joe Sakic is, this one. was a good move.

He now has 3 goals, 2 assists, in 4 games.

That's 5pts and he's +6.

Not to be a negative nelly but let's come back in 30 days, see what he's been up to. If he's still doing pretty well then more power to him for reviving his career.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Yeah Butcher looks good, but he definitely made the right decision. He goes to a team in which he can immediately run the PP.

He would never have sniffed the PP here.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah Butcher looks good, but he definitely made the right decision. He goes to a team in which he can immediately run the PP.

Man we don't even play the right guy on the powerplay on this team. Kid would just get frustrated.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's pretty brutal seeing Sheahan's ice time and career under Blashill, he's barely averaging even 9mins a game. He's played 8mins and 7mins the last 2 games. If people here love Babs so much, how does a guy that was trusted under him, get barely any ice time there. People will say because Sheahan sucks, but man, that's just ridiculous.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
It's pretty brutal seeing Sheahan's ice time and career under Blashill, he's barely averaging even 9mins a game. He's played 8mins and 7mins the last 2 games. If people here love Babs so much, how does a guy that was trusted under him, get barely any ice time there. People will say because Sheahan sucks, but man, that's just ridiculous.

Well. Blashill is a terrible coach.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Blashill seemed like a can't miss coach when he was with Grand Rapids. Just a perfect resume up until that point.

I think every coach has to take their lumps in the NHL for a few years. Maybe he'll be better in his next stop.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009

People were flabergasted when I suggested he would be higher on the depth chart than Pouliot here. It's possible that there were right. NJ was actually a good choice with Buffalo being the other one mentioned that would have fit for him.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Blashill seemed like a can't miss coach when he was with Grand Rapids. Just a perfect resume up until that point.

I think every coach has to take their lumps in the NHL for a few years. Maybe he'll be better in his next stop.

Pens will hire him in about a decade once Sullivan's worn out his welcome and Blashill will lead the Pens to another Stanley Cup after being brought on mid-season.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Anyone watching the Detroit/Vegas game? Just saw the Knights getting shellacked. It was 3-2 Vegas then randomly jumped to 6-3. I wonder if their 3-0 start had anything to do with emotion and playing Arizona twice...

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Remember when teams wanted Blashill and Wings did not let them get him? Yeah...what a waste.
There have been a lot of "future great NHL head coaches" that were supposed to come out of Detroit. Lewis, Blashill, and Peters all suck big time.

Babcock is insanely overrated. But he's a product of Anaheim if anything.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Ken Daniels made it sound like the Knights lost to the '80s Islanders - and not the Red Wings - last night.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It’s funny how mcdavids production went down when draisaitl got hurt. It’s as if the entire oilers fan base was wrong.

Woodrow

Dec 8, 2005
Anyone watching the Detroit/Vegas game? Just saw the Knights getting shellacked. It was 3-2 Vegas then randomly jumped to 6-3. I wonder if their 3-0 start had anything to do with emotion and playing Arizona twice...
I watched their first game and Fleury and Neal flat out stole the game for them. Make no mistake they are a bad team.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
booz, babes,and black jack....that would make it hard for any team to win in vegas. :)

Reactions: Corvidae
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad