Around the NHL VIII - 2017-2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
Cannt watch these finals because it makes me sick that we were better than either of these teams.

Setting this emotional view (which I think most of us share) aside, these have actually been some pretty entertaining games so far.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Caps flat out dominating.

Trotz so close to the ultimate prize he can taste it...

If Washington doesn't win this series, it would be an epic choke job. Just one more game left to win it all. Trotz finally got past the second round curse and it's taking him all the way to the Stanley Cup finals. Sucks that we couldn't get pass the second round w/ Trotz let alone win a Stanley Cup w/ him but glad to see him just one game away from winning it. Hope he gets it.

Last edited:

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Fleury has dropped back down to earth in this series like Rinne but didn't let any softies in at least. The guys in front of him definitely aren't helping him out any though.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Kempny, who was a Blackhawks cast-off and healthy scratch, is now a top-4 guy for a team 1 win from the Cup. Nice to see him turn it around like that (especially since the Hawks clearly made a bad move).

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Kempny, who was a Blackhawks cast-off and healthy scratch, is now a top-4 guy for a team 1 win from the Cup. Nice to see him turn it around like that (especially since the Hawks clearly made a bad move).
another example of our over hyped and over rated top 4 maybe not being so paramount to our success. i am more and more in favor of trading one if the right opportunity presents itself.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Congrats to Trotz and the Caps for winning the cup. In a year when they didn't win the President's trophy and people were doubting they'd do it they win the cup.

Reactions: ovikovy817

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
If the pure childlike joy on Ovi's face didnt make you glad he won you must have a heart of stone.

And Trotz with the Cup was of course the most emotion any of us has ever seen from him.

I'm at peace with this past season. The PC and the Central Division, plus hopefully the first individual player achievement award is a pretty good haul. Hope the fellas get good rest, stay in shape, and come to camp with a determination to not let anything stop them.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If the pure childlike joy on Ovi's face didnt make you glad he won you must have a heart of stone.

And Trotz with the Cup was of course the most emotion any of us has ever seen from him.

I'm at peace with this past season. The PC and the Central Division, plus hopefully the first individual player achievement award is a pretty good haul. Hope the fellas get good rest, stay in shape, and come to camp with a determination to not let anything stop them.
Couldn't have put it better myself.

Well, okay, there's that and "at least we ultimately lost to the Stanley Cup Champions... again" for my other team, but that's not as relevant here. :)

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Congrats, Caps!! I'm very happy for Trotz and Ovechkin!

I wish it could have been with the Preds, but seeing Trotz lift the Cup was awesome! He's such a nice person and deserves this win so much.

And seeing the pure joy on Ovi's face was great, too. He was a beast this whole playoffs.

I'm sad that that is not us, but I'm happy for the caps and that fan base. I'm also sad for James Neal, lost in the Final 2 years in a row.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
What I find interesting is that Trotz doesn't have a contract after June 30th. He just coached a franchise to their first cup win in history and will be a free agent. Can you say, Show me the money?

Reactions: PredsV82

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Seeing Trotz lift the Cup was the only positive outcome left for me after the Preds got bounced. So happy for him.

Watching Ovi was just the bonus I didn’t know I needed.

Last edited:

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Ovechkin was absolutely adorable. I thought it was so funny that after he handed off the Cup he'd skate around with the others it had been handed to. I think his reaction to "What are you feeling?" will fit right in to that old commercial asking players of the past that same question.

I'm glad Washington won, not only for Trotzy, Ovechkin and TJ Oshie (I will always love him, I don't care what team he's on) and their fans but for Vegas fans as well. Their run was a Cinderella run only because of their status as an "expansion team". It was not the typical expansion team, theirs was a team full of talented mid to upper level players that under the old expansion method took years to achieve. The players deserved to win the Cup as much as anyone, but the fan base wasn't ready for this. Everything has been way too easy and it's not easy to win the Cup. I have been resentful of their success, now I feel empathy. Which is as it should be. ;-)

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
What I find interesting is that Trotz doesn't have a contract after June 30th. He just coached a franchise to their first cup win in history and will be a free agent. Can you say, Show me the money?

Thought Trotz was way older than 55. I was going to say I wonder if he just retires and goes out on top, probably not though. James Neal once again basically invisible. The thing he'll be remembered for is missing a wide open net. At this point he's Rick Nash. Fine player to have but not even close to the player that people remember him being.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad