Around the NHL VIII - 2017-2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Agreed. Not sure why he'd want to go back to an organization that was unsure of him until he won the Cup. There are other places to go.

The only open spot right now is the Islanders, who are bad and might be losing their best player. I mean, I guess some team could fire their current coach to hire Trotz but it's hard to imagine him finding a better job this year and what's the point of waiting and missing out on at least one year's salary for a better job that might not even present itself?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Agreed. Not sure why he'd want to go back to an organization that was unsure of him until he won the Cup. There are other places to go.

But not that will be returning a roster that just won the Cup.

Trotz and everyone else knew the deal. If he had lost in round one or two, he was gone. Instead, he delivered, and now the Caps will have to back up the dumptruck full of money.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
But not that will be returning a roster that just won the Cup.

Trotz and everyone else knew the deal. If he had lost in round one or two, he was gone. Instead, he delivered, and now the Caps will have to back up the dumptruck full of money.

Babcock money.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Granted I'm probably a bit different than most, but my thinking would be that I won my Cup so now I'm going after the money. I'd be looking for Babcock money and huge term and whichever team gets me closest to that is where I'm headed.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
He wont get Babcock money but hell get good money and term.

He just won the Stanley Cup
He 21 wins from passing Al f***ing Arbour for 4th all time in wins
People love him and one of his buddies is the GM for the Wild and will drive up the cost.

Babcock money.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Babcock money is $50M/8yrs? Quenneville got a 3-year extension at $6M per to nearly match that annual salary. And even Claude Julien signed for $25M/5yrs... so it's ratcheting up. Trotz has the career credentials and now the big prize too... no reason he shouldn't land somewhere in that group.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Babcock money is $50M/8yrs? Quenneville got a 3-year extension at $6M per to nearly match that annual salary. And even Claude Julien signed for $25M/5yrs... so it's ratcheting up. Trotz has the career credentials and now the big prize too... no reason he shouldn't land somewhere in that group.

If I had to guess I'd say he gets something in the range of 5-6 mil x 5 years. And well deserved.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
If I had to guess I'd say he gets something in the range of 5-6 mil x 5 years. And well deserved.
And don't you know that at least half of whatever his proceeds are after taxes, agent, etc. will be donated. He's that kind of guy. I am really happy that he achieved this success.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Anyone read about the shit going down in Ottawa between Hoffman's girlfriend and Mr. and Mrs. Karlsson? Hoffman's days as a Senator are probably done.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Hoffman is being dragged into the mud for no real reason at the moment.
I'm down to get him if there's a clause in his contract that restricts his current girlfriend from being a part of the Preds org in any way.

If the allegations are true, I still fail to see Hoffman as the party who suffers more, as he will sure as hell get a spot on an NHL team after this blows down a little.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Anyone read about the **** going down in Ottawa between Hoffman's girlfriend and Mr. and Mrs. Karlsson? Hoffman's days as a Senator are probably done.
I've posted a few times - at the trade deadline and even recently - that Hoffman is an interesting guy for me as a Preds-candidate, in that he's got a speed/skill element and 30-goal potential that I could see fitting our top-6 winger spot. But... this latest tabloid stuff is definitely a turn-off.

No idea exactly what to make of it, but in grand reality-show WAG style, there certainly seem to be a lot of relatively unstable people digging for gold around pro athletes and it would sort of surprise me if behind the scenes there isn't usually a fair bit of this kind of stuff going on with many teams. Just it is accentuated in this case by the stature of Karlsson and his family's recent loss. Who knows.

Hoffman's market value has to be tanking as a result either way - does that make him a cheap pickup who addresses a need, or a poison pill to stay away from? I don't have enough to go on, but am leaning to the latter. We don't need drama.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Hoffman is being dragged into the mud for no real reason at the moment.
I'm down to get him if there's a clause in his contract that restricts his current girlfriend from being a part of the Preds org in any way.

If the allegations are true, I still fail to see Hoffman as the party who suffers more, as he will sure as hell get a spot on an NHL team after this blows down a little.
Oh someone will take him, doesn't mean it's not driving down his value for Ottawa though.

If it's true, Hoffman knew, and it's what he will be remembered for, not anything he did on the ice.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Oh someone will take him, doesn't mean it's not driving down his value for Ottawa though.

If it's true, Hoffman knew, and it's what he will be remembered for, not anything he did on the ice.
Hard to make judgments without context, not that there's any context in which harassing someone after the death of a child is acceptable...but we're all running on partial information. Main board being a bit unfair to Hoffman in that everyone we love has warts and flaws and yet we're not going to "kick them to the curb" automatically during their worst moments as a human. That said, if the allegations are true and he said nothing to stop it or did not reach out to Karlsson and family afterwards, etc..., that does say something about his character and would be where you become concerned about inviting him into your team dynamic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad