Around the NHL VIII - 2017-2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheChamber91

Dec 27, 2017
Hi, Blues fan sliding over forums real quick here. I've been trying to learn more about the players in the NHL I don't know a lot about. I would appreciate it if you guys could give me kind of overall reports on Jarnkrok, Bonino, Turris, Fiala, and Ellis. I'm trying to expand my knowledge of the game, thanks!

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Hi, Blues fan sliding over forums real quick here. I've been trying to learn more about the players in the NHL I don't know a lot about. I would appreciate it if you guys could give me kind of overall reports on Jarnkrok, Bonino, Turris, Fiala, and Ellis. I'm trying to expand my knowledge of the game, thanks!

Underappreciated, Overpaid, Invisible in the Playoffs, Younger Forsberg, Human Rocketship.

You may go now.

Last edited:

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Underappreciated, Overpaid, Invisible in the Playoffs, Younger Forsberg, Human Rocketship.

You may go now.

I’ve definitely got to disagree on Bones. Overpaid in regular season? Ok. I thought he was worth the money in the playoffs.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Well looks like Washington is going to win and move on to the next round so I'm going to be cheering for Washington to win it all but wouldn't be surprised if Vegas wins it all though and would be okay w/ that too. Just glad it's not the Penguins in the finals.

Last edited:

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Feel bad for the Tampa fans. I just sat in our arena a couple of weeks ago and know what it feels like to watch your team play poorly in a game 7.

Wouldn’t wish that on anyone other than the usual suspects.

Reactions: predfan98

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Feel bad for the Tampa fans. I just sat in our arena a couple of weeks ago and know what it feels like to watch your team play poorly in a game 7.

Wouldn’t wish that on anyone other than the usual suspects.

Well I'm happy for the Washington fans cause look how many times they were the favorites to win only to choke every time. They finally didn't choke and got pass the second round and now the third round to make it to the finals. They were long due to get rewarded for their effort. Tampa Bay I'm sure will have their time too in the not so long distance future. This year it just looks to be Washington's year. They still have one more round though to not choke. I rather see them win the Cup than Vegas but I wouldn't be surprised if Vegas wins it though.

Last edited:

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I know it is probably stupid, but I don't feel quite as bad about our playoffs now as I did two weeks ago. We are just one of many elite teams that completely crapped the bed at home. It is the NHL playoffs, sometimes #$%! happens that just defies explanation.

In fact, it is pretty mind-boggling if you take a look at it.

The top 4 teams in the league- Preds, Jets, Bolts, Bruins

At home in the playoffs:

Preds- went 1-4 last 5 home games
Jets- went 1-4 last 5 home games
Bolts- went 1-3 last 4 home games
Bruins- went 1-3 last 4 home games

That is a combined 4-14. And most of the losses were not even close- a whole bunch of complete blowouts.

The Preds and Jets- the top 2 teams in the league and probably the two toughest buildings in the league to win in- went a combined 2-8 at home in their final 10 home games. And the wins were a 2OT game and one in which the home team trailed 3-0 in the 2nd period. Preds and Jets came THIS close to losing TEN straight home games. TEN!

I mean, that is just completely mind-boggling- almost as nuts as Vegas winning the Cup.

It is the beauty (and sometimes the curse if it is your team) of the NHL playoffs- anything can happen. None of the top 4 teams makes the final- who would have thunk that?

One thing is for sure- home ice advantage means zilch in the NHL playoffs. I got sucked into wanting it bad this year with us, but I will not spend one second worrying about it next year.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
And one more crazy thing- Tampa Bay, the top offensive team in the league, did not score a goal in the final 159 minutes of that series. Almost 8 full periods.

That just makes no sense whatsoever.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I feel a bittersweet happy for Trotz and co. making the finals. I kinda want Ovi to win just to see Milbury cringe. Imagine if it was a PK vs Ovi final? Milbury might committ suicide on camera.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Also like we did last year, Trotz finally broke the "not getting pass the second round" curse which lead to getting into the Stanley cup finals. Just got to hope Trotz has better luck in the finals than we did.

Last edited:

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I'm really happy for Trotz and Ovechkin. Congrats to them and all the Caps and their fans! Now go get that Cup!!

I don't dislike Vegas. I'm not a fan of the rules that allowed them to pick from much better players than we ever had, but the players still had to do the work. They could have felt sorry for themselves for being on an expansion team and half-assed it out there, but they put in the work and earned what they got. But I really don't want them to win a cup before the Preds.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
So happy for Trotz Caps are playing his style now with 2 straight shutouts.

Plus I really want to see OV win a Cup he is too great a player to never won it. Then he can pull a LeBron and demand a trade to Nashville in the offseason.

Last edited:

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I'm not rooting for either team, just good hockey. The only negative for me would be Tom Wilson's name on the Cup, but plenty of other Caps players deserve it, and Trotz. On the other side is Fleury and the Vegas story. It's basically all good no matter what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->