Around the NHL VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
We MUST pass Chicago and get into the top 3 now since Dallas is likely to fall into 2nd or 3rd.

Hard to say but they have a lot of games vs playoff teams that could make the 4/9 Stars/Preds game have many implications. Looking at both schedules, I could see both teams at 98-99 points in the standings for that game.

RyanGetzlafsHairline*

I wouldn't count on the Stars falling back too far. Seguin hasn't been great lately and they have Spezza to play 1C in his absence anyway.

Seguin since Jan 1: 33 games played, 23 points -17

Last edited by a moderator:

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I wouldn't count on the Stars falling back too far. Seguin hasn't been great lately and they have Spezza to play 1C in his absence anyway.

Seguin since Jan 1: 33 games played, 23 points -17

Oh heavens, what a terrible player with only .7 points ppg lol. Losing Seguin is really going to hurt their team. It will be interesting to see what happens to Dallas down the stretch here.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
So the Caps who're absolutely rolling (hope they haven't plateaued, tired of the **** they get from other EC teams) have a +60 GD ... I don't see anyone coming close to this team, in all honesty. It's a failure in my eyes if they don't win the Stanley Cup

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
Oh heavens, what a terrible player with only .7 points ppg lol. Losing Seguin is really going to hurt their team. It will be interesting to see what happens to Dallas down the stretch here.

Benn has statistically scored at a significantly lower rate when not on the ice with Seguin. We shall see...

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Don't put your hopes on a Dallas matchup. Seguin would come back by the first week of the playoffs. Also rehab will have him as a stronger skater. That's what rehab does, make you stronger than you were.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
We can't control what happens to other teams except when we play them. Just get points to clinch a playoff spot and you get who you get. Chicago/MN game means a lot today. I don't think we are catching Chicago and staying ahead of MN/Col is way more important so I am hoping the hawks win.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Don't put your hopes on a Dallas matchup. Seguin would come back by the first week of the playoffs. Also rehab will have him as a stronger skater. That's what rehab does, make you stronger than you were.
Team's top player is out but returns in time for a playoff series with Nashville. Where have I heard this before?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
everyone we needed to lose last night won. Id say we are pretty much locked into the WC1 spot. Only question is whether we play the Pacific champ or the Central, and if its the Central whether the central champ is Dallas or St louis.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
everyone we needed to lose last night won. Id say we are pretty much locked into the WC1 spot. Only question is whether we play the Pacific champ or the Central, and if its the Central whether the central champ is Dallas or St louis.

Do not want St. Louis. I'd rather take on LA, Chicago, or the Ducks before St. Louis. We seem to struggle the most against that team than we do any other team.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Hawks dominated by Dallas; bummed LA lost to MIN though. We are on a collision course with LA at this point. While that may not be the optimal path in the playoffs, you have to beat the best teams eventually if you want to get to the WCF/SCF, so bring it on. Go Perds.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Hawks dominated by Dallas; bummed LA lost to MIN though. We are on a collision course with LA at this point. While that may not be the optimal path in the playoffs, you have to beat the best teams eventually if you want to get to the WCF/SCF, so bring it on. Go Perds.

Yep- LA dominated that game but just could not score on Dubnyk.

I just want the Avs/Wild to lose a couple of games so we can go ahead and clinch as soon as possible. Lately they aren't cooperating- both have won 3 straight. The good news is they play each other Saturday and as long as it isn't an OT game someone has to lose.

Will still be shocked if Minnesota isn't the WC2. Avs are without Duchene and Mackinnon and have a brutal schedule left.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Agreed on the Avs, but they keep finding a way. Candidly, it will be the Perds who either allow COL to stay in it or fall by the wayside; they play us twice down the stretch and they are absolutely must-win games for the Avs given how brutal the rest of their schedule is.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Agreed on the Avs, but they keep finding a way. Candidly, it will be the Perds who either allow COL to stay in it or fall by the wayside; they play us twice down the stretch and they are absolutely must-win games for the Avs given how brutal the rest of their schedule is.

Yep- we really need to beat them Monday. And hopefully that second game with them won't matter to us- If we haven't clinched by that April 5 home game vs them then we have major problems.

The Avs have been finding a way but a lot of that probably has to do with the fact they just concluded a very easy part of their schedule- (Western Canada of course). They don't have a single "easy" game the rest of the year.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I wonder if the Avs will play tomorrow. They host the Flyers and Denver International is closed because of a blizzard. My guess would be yes looking at tomorrow's forecast (51 and sunny) but it would certainly throw a wrench in things if they couldn't.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
I wonder if the Avs will play tomorrow. They host the Flyers and Denver International is closed because of a blizzard. My guess would be yes looking at tomorrow's forecast (51 and sunny) but it would certainly throw a wrench in things if they couldn't.

Flyers already have a rescheduled game with the NYI. Another one isn't exactly fair to someone, not sure who yet.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
St. Louis clinched last night and are tied with the Stars. It is still up in the air on who wins the division. MN and Colorado play today in a must win game for the Avs. Will be interesting to see how things play out after tonight. We need to win regardless to distance ourselves from MN and Colorado and hope to catch the hawks. I for one want to get 3rd so that the hawks have to play the kings and 1 of them get knocked out 1st round.

Last edited:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Again, not that they are Big Brother to us anymore, but Detroit is in serious danger of missing the playoffs for the first time in 20 some odd years

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Just noticed the Blues have posted 4 straight shutouts... after giving up 13 goals in the two previous games. As Steve says hockey is a funny game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad