Around the NHL Thread - The Amount of Drafts in July is TOO DAMN HIGH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Pelech should be there over Chabot or Theodore IMO.
I could see it over Chabot but I think like when Keith Seabrook were taken together hockey canada will value built in chemistry of already developed pairings so I think both Theodore and toews make it to play with their star partners

Khrox

May 31, 2018
NBXlYVv.jpg

#facts
Not even mad about that image. Good job Canes

Khrox

May 31, 2018

Well, we only play him once this year I guess. Wonder how many other big(ger) name players are gonna go this route. We already know that Zac Rinaldo had his training camp invitation rescinded by the Blue Jackets, and he'll only be playing on their AHL team.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Well, we only play him once this year I guess. Wonder how many other big(ger) name players are gonna go this route. We already know that Zac Rinaldo had his training camp invitation rescinded by the Blue Jackets, and he'll only be playing on their AHL team.

Last count I read there were 15 players remaining unvaccinated.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Last count I read there were 15 players remaining unvaccinated.
Wasn't aware of the total number of unvaccinated.

Apparently Josh Archibald is on that list now too, and is expected to miss around 30 games (if not more) if he doesn't catch covid, and stays with the Oilers full season, just because of quarantine rules and stuff. That's a little over 1/3 of his total salary he's willingly giving up in this case.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Apparently the Sabres already stripped him of the C. there's probably already something in the works.

Whether or not they actually had a trade in the works, you would think that the Sabres had to strip him of the captaincy, wouldn't you? You can't let the guy be the captain of a team he has no interest in being part of.

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
Whether or not they actually had a trade in the works, you would think that the Sabres had to strip him of the captaincy, wouldn't you? You can't let the guy be the captain of a team he has no interest in being part of.

I guess for a while there I thought there might be a possibility they could work it out. Frankly, I've been doing my best to avoid the Eichel BS. The NHL might as well be the WWE with all these stupid storylines.

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
At the end of the day, Eichel is still a less than point-per-game, career minus player with zero playoff experience entering his seventh season with an injury that's going to require surgery, already making $10M per. Even without the added drama, this guy gives me a headache.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
At the end of the day, Eichel is still a less than point-per-game, career minus player with zero playoff experience entering his seventh season with an injury that's going to require surgery, already making $10M per. Even without the added drama, this guy gives me a headache.
His last two healthy seasons were both over PPG. The most recent was 95-point pace, and that was with a very bad team. His skill level is very high and he has the ability to take over games.

I think it's completely fair to be concerned about his health. You just have to look at Erik Karlsson as a cautionary tale about acquiring a guy and assuming he'll get back to his previous level after injury. But if Eichel does, he would be a massive addition. Centres who can take the top-line role and produce like him are rare enough that I've never seen one on the Flames.

Reactions: Janks

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
His last two healthy seasons were both over PPG. The most recent was 95-point pace, and that was with a very bad team. His skill level is very high and he has the ability to take over games.

I think it's completely fair to be concerned about his health. You just have to look at Erik Karlsson as a cautionary tale about acquiring a guy and assuming he'll get back to his previous level after injury. But if Eichel does, he would be a massive addition. Centres who can take the top-line role and produce like him are rare enough that I've never seen one on the Flames.

Well the guy has still made $30M on his current contract while achieving absolutely nothing while most people who grind at regular jobs just to watch him play a game probably won't earn a million in their entire lives. It makes me sick to my stomach.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

With like 3 nhl caliber players and 0 nhl level coaches or mangers. He can't control nor should he be held responsible for the tire fire around him. He's worth 10 million to convince anyone to even show up to watch those trash teams he's been on.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
With like 3 nhl caliber players and 0 nhl level coaches or mangers. He can't control nor should he be held responsible for the tire fire around him. He's worth 10 million to convince anyone to even show up to watch those trash teams he's been on.

Nobody on Earth is "worth" $10M a year to put a damn puck in a net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad