Around the NHL (Part XIII): RIP Bob Suter

Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
One good (not great) year doesn't warrant a $6mil contract from a kid. He had a nice season last year and looks like he could very well have a nice career. But he hasn't earned a big contract yet IMO. Most likely will, and should, be handled a bit like Subban

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
they made the POs last year and Johansen was a big reason why.

I wouldn't consider less than 5 per year too if I was him

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
The Habs have decided to not have a captain this year and have named Andrei Markov, Tomas Plekanec, Max Pacioretty and P.K. Subban as As.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 42s
Former #Blackhawks center Michal Handzus wants to keep playing in NHL and is talking to several teams but hasn't come to agreement yet.

Dodged that bullet. But he could be serviceable for some teams with limited minutes.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
I'd just keep it the way it is right now...

Give them the point. It's still better than the tie.
I don't like the "bonus points" for a loss in overtime or a win in the shootout. It created an unbalanced ranking system. I think the system should be banalanced because any "Bonus point" makes a team appear stronger or weaker than they actually are in the standings.

If you argue for no ties, fine, but I don't think any team should get a "bonus" point for making it to overtime, nor should any team get a "bonus point" for the shootout. The weighing of regulation, overtime, and shootout wins need balance out shootout, overtime, and regulation losses--right now they don't. in the season series vs. Chicago and St. Louis last year, they appaered tied in points with 6, even though 2 of the Blues 3 wins came via the shootout while Chicago won their 2 wins in regulation.

IMHO 2 wins in regulation beats 1 win in regulation and 2 skills competition tiebreakers.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 42s
Former #Blackhawks center Michal Handzus wants to keep playing in NHL and is talking to several teams but hasn't come to agreement yet.

Dodged that bullet.
But he could be serviceable for some teams with limited minutes.

Unless he doesn't sign anywhere now and, half way through the season, Q decides he wants he veteran presence back and makes Stan get him.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I'd be surprised if any NHL team gives him a contract. There's a couple hundred players in Europe/the minors that can give you more than Handzus at this point.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Man this Johansen negotiation is getting so ugly. Anyone know who Saad's agent is? Hopefully not overhardt.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Man this Johansen negotiation is getting so ugly. Anyone know who Saad's agent is? Hopefully not overhardt.

I don't think the Hawks with their image obsession would have the stomach for a holdout situation.

The Hawks should treat Saad like Jake Gardiner and try to go 5 years or so at a reasonable price to keep his cost predictable.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013

According to his website, Overhardt doesn't represent anyone on the Hawks roster. The only Hawks prospect he appears to represent is Svedberg. And the lack of Hawks is semi-surprising given that Keith Magnusson's son appears to be one of his co-agents.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The Wild have been in standoff with G Darcy Keumper over his contract. He wants 1 way / 1 yr deal (reasonable) while Wild do not want to offer a 1 way deal

Today this breaks

Chad Graff ‏@ChadGraff
Josh Harding's foot/ankle injury is "not short term," #mnwild GM Chuck Fletcher said.

Kid just got more leverage to go along with potential KHL deal

I don't understand why the Wild wont just give kid a 1 way / 850k deal and are demanding he take 2 way deal

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
And yeah I cant support Johansen after JD came out and gave this to media

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 5m
John Davidson tells reporters that the #CBJ offered Ryan Johansen $3M AAV over 2 years, $5.33M AAV over 6 years and $5.75M over 8 years.

Both the 6 yr and 8 yr deals are reasonable ,,, His refusal to sign them and want higher is absurd (Kane/Toews got 5 yrs / 6.3M AAV for 2nd contract)

Situation continues to get ugly

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 1m
CBJ said Johansen not welcome to work out there if unsigned (as is their right). Expect him to go home to Vancouver or Portland (WHL team).

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
The 6 and 8 year deals would be highway robbery for the Jackets, are you kidding? Look at how high the cap is getting. Johansen will easily get 8 million on his third contract, either from CBJ or someone else.

A bridge deal in the realm of 5.5-6 million makes sense and is something he earned. Fans need to adjust their expectations to where the league is today, not where it was a few years ago.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Jackets are offering that 6 yr / 5.33M AAV deal ,, The risk is on them

He has been offered a 2 yr bridge at 6M (3M AAV) , 6 yr deal (5.33M AAV) and a 8 yr deal (5.75M AAV)

Naturally he doesn't want that 8 yr deal , But he doesn't want that bridge deal

The 6 yr deal is more then fair and a compromise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad