Around the NHL (Part XIII): RIP Bob Suter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Boudreau should have just told Selanne he wasn't good enough anymore. He was dragging ass all year and if he was still any good, the ice time he recieved was enough to show something more than he did.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
He's the glass man, last thing he should be doing is punching or kicking anything. What an idiot.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
I have a feeling that if they were only a million apart on a bridge deal that they wouldn't have abandoned talks and went home.

Unless they're all babies and/or idiots which I cannot rule out given the team president accused his #1 c of "extortion" just for asking for a big contract, and also the revelation from said team pres that RyJo's agent is trying to use Stamkos, Toews, and Kane as comps... lolwut?

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Boudreau should have just told Selanne he wasn't good enough anymore. He was dragging ass all year and if he was still any good, the ice time he recieved was enough to show something more than he did.

Was Selanne dragging ass because he was no longer good or just he was unmotivated? Because he did look pretty good in the Olympics.

In any event, its crazy to read "It would have been wrong if we won the Stanley cup with a coach like that" and yay I guess for teemu stirring up trouble for a western conference foe.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Oooh Puck Daddy has more good tea up... Apparently some ex-Leafs assistant was at a coaching clinic and dogged Phil Kessel as refusing to follow coaches directions and that Carlyle just looks the other way because Kessel has more pull with the franchise than he does.

Guess he was the guy getting called out anonymously by Leiwecke?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Kessel needs to get in better shape. I don't care how much he scores. There is no excuse for a highly paid pro athlete to look like that.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I've wondered about whether Kessel is out of shape. His face looks doughy, but he's not slow, and I can't imagine him having this kind of success as an nhl forward if he was out of shape. That said, definitely doughy.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I've wondered about that. Kessel's face looks doughy, but he's not slow, and I can't imagine him having this kind of success as an nhl forward if he was out of shape. That said, definitely doughy.

You can tell there is no six pack under the jersey. I've seen pictures of him outside of hockey and he looks like your average joe. It just shows how much better he could be if he dedicated himself.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Oooh Puck Daddy has more good tea up... Apparently some ex-Leafs assistant was at a coaching clinic and dogged Phil Kessel as refusing to follow coaches directions and that Carlyle just looks the other way because Kessel has more pull with the franchise than he does.

Guess he was the guy getting called out anonymously by Leiwecke?

No, it's the new assistant, Steve Spott. This is the article http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs..._hot_on_spotts_breakout_strategy_feschuk.html

You can tell there is no six pack under the jersey. I've seen pictures of him outside of hockey and he looks like your average joe. It just shows how much better he could be if he dedicated himself.

I've seen him in person a bunch of times and he's definitely not as tubby as the photos indicate. However, I doubt he'd win any prizes for commitment to fitness.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
I dont know how much stock into the ripped physique. Lots of non-ripped players out there and not only hockey.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
I dont know how much stock into the ripped physique. Lots of non-ripped players out there and not only hockey.

I agree nhl players don't necessarily have to be ripped, but I can't think of many forwards who are pudgy.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
you mean this guy?

A2X3wQhCQAEGoZh.jpg:large

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Buff-at-courthouse.jpg

dustin-byfuglien.jpg

Screen_Shot_2012-07-23_at_12.01.46_PM_medium.png

Gotta give Buff credit though ,, The 6 weeks after these photo's he actually got in shape for camp and shed some of that excess weight

Sometimes I miss this guy ,, But then I realize that I actually miss Ladd and Frolik more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad