Around the NHL Lucky #13 - A Sign of Things to Come?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
Panarin with a 2 year $6 mill aav with Chicago. As long as he doesn't get seriously injured in those seasons he is gonna cash in. Will be a UFA at 27 I believe.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Panarin with a 2 year $6 mill aav with Chicago. As long as he doesn't get seriously injured in those seasons he is gonna cash in. Will be a UFA at 27 I believe.

How does Chicago afford that contract? That team next year will be 80% ELC and vets.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
They have 66.6 million tied up into 15 players from their roster today. If the cap stays flat, that's 6.3 million to sign 9 players. Including the 5 ELC's they'll have included in those 15 players, the large majority of their team will be entry-level.

Boy do those matching 10 mil contracts look bad now.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
They are probably going to move Kruger

I see that as the standard way that they'll fit but how are they going to entice someone to take him?? Why would some other GM do them that favor and I'm not even sure he's worth that contract.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I see that as the standard way that they'll fit but how are they going to entice someone to take him?? Why would some other GM do them that favor and I'm not even sure he's worth that contract.
Same way hey got rid of Bickell, attach a pick/prospect to the player to make them more attractive. Or they move Anisimov for lesser player(s) like they did Saad.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Unbelievable. I have the Leafs game on and they just did a 10 minute piece on the Gilmour trade and how they fleeced the Flames. Holy **** Toronto, let it go already. *******s.
When that is the most exciting thing to happen to that franchise during the time most of their fans have been alive, what do you expect?

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
They still go on and on about Gretzky's high stick on Gilmour too. At least, the "it was in" Flames fans gave it a rest before it got too embarrassing

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Even Kruger is overpaid lol. It's not an easy move.

Honestly I could see them moving Seabrook for someone like Nurse + pick.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Halak would actually be a smart add, I think. He was outwardly unhappy at the situation in Brooklyn with three goalies, to the extent of his agent making a complaint to the media. You never know how motivated he would be to play witha new team in a better situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad