Around the NHL Lucky #13 - A Sign of Things to Come?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It's not fair to blame the Avs when he's a big reason why they suck so much.

Staal was a perfect bounce back candidate. Most reclamation projects didn't do so well in Anaheim.

Perron did, too. Looked slow and out of place on the Oilers and the Pens, went to Anaheim and suddenly was a top line winger.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
It's not fair to blame the Avs when he's a big reason why they suck so much.

Really? Not Mackinnon living up to expectations, not Landeskog looking like a third liner most nights, not Barrie taking a huge step backwards, not the fact that they have the worst forward depth in the NHL after their top players (and arguably the same defensively), but the 39 year old is at fault? Really?

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Really? Not Mackinnon living up to expectations, not Landeskog looking like a third liner most nights, not Barrie taking a huge step backwards, not the fact that they have the worst forward depth in the NHL after their top players (and arguably the same defensively), but the 39 year old is at fault? Really?
He makes 5.33M$ that could go elsewhere; of course blame goes to Sakic for signing him over someone else. I'm not saying Landeskog, Barrie and Varlamov aren't blameless but I said "a big reason" for a reason. He is playing that poorly because he's a bad player at this point - defensively and now offensively as well. I'm not blaming the Avs for that.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Perron did, too. Looked slow and out of place on the Oilers and the Pens, went to Anaheim and suddenly was a top line winger.
Perron has pretty solid (his inconsistency everywhere aside) in every stop minus his last season with Pittsburgh. Boudreau hasn't done for Heatley, Stewart and... just about anyone else, really. Perron and Staal were both still solid players by most metrics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad