Around the NHL Discussion Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
The Montreal melt down continues. Bieksa just beat up Shaw twice. Something has to give for the Habs.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Montreal's roster is so poorly constructed. I haven't liked anything they've done since 2014 in trades, signings, or drafting.

People are gonna tell me about Mete I know, but even a blind squirrel can find a nut once in awhile.

Reactions: simon in canada

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Montreal's roster is so poorly constructed. I haven't liked anything they've done since 2014 in trades, signings, or drafting.

People are gonna tell me about Mete I know, but even a blind squirrel can find a nut once in awhile.
I still think Weber is a better defenseman than Subban.

Reactions: DoubleK81

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I still think Weber is a better defenseman than Subban.
Eh, to me, they're not that far apart, but that's mostly because I've always found Weber overrated for the most part. I couldn't really say who I'd want if both were similar ages, but with Weber, he relies so heavily on who his defensive partner is.

But again, I would only pick Subban because he's younger.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I agree they are close. I just prefer Weber because he is better defensively, his game is more complete. I will never be convinced, (not saying you are making this argument!), that PK has "developed" good defense. His play in last years PO's relied too heavily on diving, whining to officials and behind the play dirty antics, like sitting on opponents. There is a reason the Canada braintrust chose JBo over him at Sochi, and again at the World Cup.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Watching the EDM-PHI game and I didn't think it was possible but Lehtera actually looks slower this year. He's just not an NHL caliber skater.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Probably after Bargain-bin is fired. Do you really think he’d be entrusted to do the rebuild?
Going to be hard to rebuild with a goalie like Price who will win games on his own so you most likely never get a top 3 pick and with his 10m contract no contending team could afford to trade for him, Montreal is stuck in no mans land IMO

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
After all the moves in the last two seasons Bergervin has made, if he chooses to rebuild now he's out of a job. He literally can't afford to cut bait on the group and HAS to go all in.

That's part of the reason he way overpaid for Price. He HAD to. Not another option. Price knew this and took advantage of it.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Thoroughly impressed with Vegas. They play hard. They are on their 3rd goalie but still getting it done.

DP57 is playing very well with Neal and Eakin. Brad Hunt also impresses me.

Time will tell if they have the depth to keep this going.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
4-2 Vegas. Starting their first major road trip after playing the Avs.

Should be interesting to see how they do on the road.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Blues need to take advantage of the central teams struggling. Put a gap in points.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I bet Bettman is paying teams to lose against Vegas.

2n3gub.jpg

I'm joking, mostly.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Gerard Gallant doesn’t get the praise he deserves IMO. Early candidate for Jack Adams (as long as they keep getting stellar goaltending).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad