OT: Around the NHL: And you get a hat trick, and you get a hat trick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Someone absolutely should have protected MAF from himself.

I get the feeling he would pretty much die for whatever team he is on.

Admirable. But. Foolish.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Someone absolutely should have protected MAF from himself.

I get the feeling he would pretty much die for whatever team he is on.

Admirable. But. Foolish.

In theory, that's exactly what the concussion spotter is supposed to do, especially because people who get their bell rung often don't know how bad they're rattled.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Yeah it's tough to completely blame the player when it comes head injuries. Your brain is what tells you when you're injured. When it's your brain that is injured, you're not exactly thinking clearly.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I gotta say, I haven't felt weird seeing an ex penguin in another jersey, not even Fleury and we've been used to him in a Pens uniform for over a dozen years. As weird as it sounds, mos tof htem looked good in their new uniforms. Even Jagr from the Pens to the Caps.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I gotta say, I haven't felt weird seeing an ex penguin in another jersey, not even Fleury and we've been used to him in a Pens uniform for over a dozen years. As weird as it sounds, mos tof htem looked good in their new uniforms. Even Jagr from the Pens to the Caps.

You had me until you stated something that did not disparage the Craptials. I cant believe in something like that...not sure if Pens fan...

h92CC69F6

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
You had me until you stated something that did not disparage the Craptials. I cant believe in something like that...not sure if Pens fan...

h92CC69F6
It probably had a lot to do with that time when the whole “Dying alive” comment hit and virtually everyone started to hate Jagr, so seeing him another jersey didn’t bother me so much, you know?
I think it irked me to see Max Talbot in a Flyers jersey. But then I was more happy he was getting his big pay day (by his role’s standards).

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Am I to believe that McDavid has thrown the team on his back and is carrying them to victory without LD, like how Sid and Geno have done on numerous occasions?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The issue with McDavid is he isn't the complete player that Malkin and Crosby are and his ability to score isn't built on the way Crosby and Malkin score.

He is Malkinesque on faceoffs too.

He is definitely one of the most fun players I have ever seen, but he needs to take the Crosby method of working on things other than his offensive to turn Edmonton into a cup contender. I never understood why people viewed them as a Cup contender anyway.

Toronto is the one that has rebuilt right. One big move on defensive and that is a scary, scary team. Also they have the forward depth to move a Brown or JVR and bring up Kappy.

We are getting robbed as Americans this Olympics. Matthews, Eichel, Kessel and Kane in their prime is probably one of the best chances we'd have against Canada for gold.

Like.. Matthews - Kane / Eichel - Kessel / Kesler - Pavs is so dumb.

Reactions: Shady Machine

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
McDavid is decent to good in his own end, imo.

McDavid is not on Crosbys level when theh puck is in the Ozone and you have to cycle and be good on the boards. That said he is a threat to score everytime he gets the puck in stride in the neutral zone.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I'm probably going to get roasted for this, but IMO, Auston Matthews' game is more suited to playoff success than McDavid's is. Matthews excels in the same way Sid does; uncanny ability around the net. McDavid's a tremendous transition player, but if a team sits back and simply takes away the front of the net, he doesn't seem to have an answer for that.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'm probably going to get roasted for this, but IMO, Auston Matthews' game is more suited to playoff success than McDavid's is. Matthews excels in the same way Sid does; uncanny ability around the net. McDavid's a tremendous transition player, but if a team sits back and simply takes away the front of the net, he doesn't seem to have an answer for that.

Matthews is a ridiculously complete player and he has that keep away game Crosby has with the puck.

McDavid has the speed and smarts to handle the puck at that speed.

I'd argue they both can succeed in the playoffs, the main issue with Edmonton was giving Drai #1 center money instead of first line winger money.

But, I see no reason for you to get roasted. I think Toronto media playing up Matthews is making people not realize how dominant of a player he is. Also, isn't it going to be hilarious when Matthews is the captain of the first Canadian team to win the cup in 25+ years.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017

I actually agree with this. This isn't meant to disparage McDavid because he could improve, but Matthews is great in tight spaces like Sid is. You want to limit McDavid, you let him gain the zone but ensure he cycles. Wish there was a stat kept on zone entry type: rush, dump in, cycle. Really be interesting to see the splits between Sid/McDavid/Austin

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Regarding Matthews, everything he does on the ice looks completely effortless.

He's so, so smart. He does all the little subtle things needed to give himself time and space like a 10 year vet. He has a lot of the same tricks that Sid does.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Nice to see Stamkos back in the thick of the scoring race.

I think after a loss to the Isles, Vigneault will be fired. Just have that feeling.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Haha, Sergachev has 2 goals, he’s at 6pts right now for the season. Kid is looking right at home in the NHL. Drouin has 5pts in 7 games and is -4.

Rough start for Housley, Tocchet, and Green.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Why didn't you guys tell us how great a player Gibbons is?? :sarcasm:

Seriously though, this guy has been unreal through the first 7 games. His PK play has been elite and he is producing.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Coyotes soon to be 0-6-1. If they don't win a few soon, Tocchet will most likely be canned. You can't start a season 10 games in without a regulation win. Something will give.

EDIT: Keller scores with goalie pulled to make it 5-4 Dallas. Coyotes with a little bit of life left, 21 seconds to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad