OT: Around the NHL: And you get a hat trick, and you get a hat trick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Uhh so Robby Incmikoski (or however you spell it), the pirates version of Potash, is the sideline reporter for Vegas?? Huh??

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Especially for a guy who other than a high ankle sprain in '08 has been the definition of durable.

I was thinking that as soon as I heard the news. In spite being of 100lbs and having wave after wave of dude thrown on him by Oprik every night, he was oddly durable aside from that sprain, which he suffered with no one else within like 50 feet of him. I hope it's not too bad.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's crazy to think MAF has had 3 concussions in the last 2yrs or so. That can't be easy as a goalie with the movements. I really hope he is ok and is able to play out his career the way he wants. Which to me is play out his contract in Vegas (after a 1-2yr extension), come back to the Penguins as a back-up and retire after 1 season.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I wonder how panicked AA's camp is right now, Wings are playing well, if they continue to, they might want to be even more patient with his contract negotiations and he loses a lot more the later he signs.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Mantha and Larkin (along with Sheahan and Frk) are both RFAs after the season. Wonder how much Holland is going to lowball them...

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Mantha and Larkin (along with Sheahan and Frk) are both RFAs after the season. Wonder how much Holland is going to lowball them...

Based on the rumors, Holland is not lowballing AA at all. It's the player (and/or his agent) being ridiculous with his demands.

Red Wings have long been rumored to have had two year deal worth $1.9 million per season on table for AA. That's one year less and little more money per year than Josh Anderson signed for and they're exact comparables for each others (one less year is better for the player here). That's also almost identical money than Sam Bennett signed for this summer and he's a good comparable also. Except for the minor differenct that Bennett actually was a top-5 pick and has already had 30+ point season...

I'm with Holland on this one. The rumored offers for AA are very reasonable and every single comparable out there supports that. The player is the stupid party here.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office

serpentor-gi-joe-1.37.jpg

ALL HAIL COBRA!

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
I'm truly baffled by how often team screw up mascots. Golden Knights? Mascot should be... a lizard? No! Make it a Knight you f***ing idiots.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I don't understand how Detroit plan to solve their salary cap issue next summer. Presumably Green walks - that's 6m - does that and a salary cap raise solve their RFA raises?

MAF with concussion. :( That is sad. If it was Murray, a bunch of idiot yinzers would be calling talk shows to say we should have never got rid of MAF.

I love watching Vegas games. I hope he gets back soon.

Does anyone know which play caused it? Hope he gets better soon.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Kucherov has a goal in every game so far. I'd say Thats more impressive than what Ovi has done.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
I don't understand how Detroit plan to solve their salary cap issue next summer. Presumably Green walks - that's 6m - does that and a salary cap raise solve their RFA raises?

Mrazek and Sheahan likely aren't going to get QO's. Not with the way they've played the past few seasons and considering how much they currently make. So that's another $6 million off the books. They should have plenty of room for Larkin and Mantha - even if they go long-term with them right away. Neither of those two have yet played themselved into 6+ million per year category.

Of course, they may not have much room to replace Green after re-signing Larkin and Mantha, and considering their D - that's a big loss. But signing RFA's shouldn't be an issue for them - unless Larkin and/or Mantha become as greedy as Athanasiou got.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Does anyone know which play caused it? Hope he gets better soon.

Presumably this play:

Went on to finish the game after that and allowed five more goals. Coincidence? Probably not. Even his teammate seemed to notice not everything was right with him:

I wonder where the concussion spotters were during that play? Or Vegas medical staff?

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
I'm truly baffled by how often team screw up mascots. Golden Knights? Mascot should be... a lizard? No! Make it a Knight you ****ing idiots.
At least the Columbus Blue Jackets made their mascot a cannon, which you know "Blue Jackets" would've used and they have a cannon in the arena. So its at least in the realm of relevance to the franchise.

I would LOVE to be in the board meeting where that mascot was decided, a f***ing yellow blocky lizard... Put me in the board room when that decision was made.

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
Uhh so Robby Incmikoski (or however you spell it), the pirates version of Potash, is the sideline reporter for Vegas?? Huh??
I read somewhere he’s just doing that for the winter and he’ll be back for the Pirates season. Since their TV is also ATT Sportsnet, I guess they’re just borrowing him.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
You know... looking at that real speed, how in the freaking world is he immediately cleared to go back in? That has to be looked at. He goes back down like 3 times. Yikes. :( I feel for #29.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

You couldn't be more wrong.

AA's Agent is the issue here, he's had multiple hold out situations with his clients and their teams, it's become his "shtick" at this point. And I think 1.95/yr is perfectly acceptable for AA, he hasn't proven much yet in his short time and he wants 2m+? That's ridiculous. Yeah if his cap situation was better, maybe he bites, but still, if AA doesn't produce, he's stuck with an over paid bottom 6'er.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Presumably this play:

Went on to finish the game after that and allowed five more goals. Coincidence? Probably not. Even his teammate seemed to notice not everything was right with him:

I wonder where the concussion spotters were during that play? Or Vegas medical staff?

That is rough.

Reactions: EdwardBlake

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
At least the Columbus Blue Jackets made their mascot a cannon, which you know "Blue Jackets" would've used and they have a cannon in the arena. So its at least in the realm of relevance to the franchise.

I would LOVE to be in the board meeting where that mascot was decided, a ****ing yellow blocky lizard... Put me in the board room when that decision was made.

409374.jpg

Reactions: td_ice

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
You couldn't be more wrong.

AA's Agent is the issue here, he's had multiple hold out situations with his clients and their teams, it's become his "shtick" at this point. And I think 1.95/yr is perfectly acceptable for AA, he hasn't proven much yet in his short time and he wants 2m+? That's ridiculous. Yeah if his cap situation was better, maybe he bites, but still, if AA doesn't produce, he's stuck with an over paid bottom 6'er.

I referring more to Holland's (mis)management of the cap than the advice of AA's agent. Although, his agent is giving him poor advice.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Couldn't resist that Chance The Raptor pun.

Was a whole mascot worth it just for a decent pun referencing a fairly popular rapper?

Definitely.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Montreal looks terrible. I don't know what the hell Bergevin is even doing over there. They've got like 3 or 4 good players, then a bunch of mediocre crap.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
You know... looking at that real speed, how in the freaking world is he immediately cleared to go back in? That has to be looked at. He goes back down like 3 times. Yikes. :( I feel for #29.

Yeah, that's crazy. Vegas should be fined for leaving him in, and who ever was doing concussion spotting should have been fired. :(

The league is still treating concussions way too lightly, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad