OT: Around the NHL: And you get a hat trick, and you get a hat trick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Reading between the lines from the HNIC yesterday I wonder if there are management changes coming. All the top brass were there and did not look happy. Only thing that may stop any firings right now is that they are on a road trip.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
#JustOneMoreYear :sarcasm:

I never agree with tanking (not that the oilers are doing that now) because it can have negative effects on a winning culture.

Just go out and try to win. Oilers last 8 years have had high overall picks:

22nd
4th
1st
3rd
7th
1st
1st
1st

With all that they are 8 points out of the playoffs having played 2 more games.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Vegas does Pens a big favor, beating the Rangers 2-1 in regulation.

Rangers games in hand now 2 on us, with a two point lead.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Vegas does Pens a big favor, beating the Rangers 2-1 in regulation.

Rangers games in hand now 2 on us, with a two point lead.

Carolina playing Tampa and Caps next two games too.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Definitely would prefer to stay in the Metro IMO. Tampa Bay is definitely the number 1 threat, want to avoid them as long as possible and hope someone flukes it out against them.

Scary part of the average start is that we need a 105+ point pace over the remaining 38 games just to get to 96 points+. We need to win something like 2/3rds of our remaining games. The last 3 weeks of the season are probably going to be VERY important. The 4 point games against other wild card teams will be vital.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Definitely would prefer to stay in the Metro IMO. Tampa Bay is definitely the number 1 threat, want to avoid them as long as possible and hope someone flukes it out against them.

Scary part of the average start is that we need a 105+ point pace over the remaining 38 games just to get to 96 points+. We need to win something like 2/3rds of our remaining games. The last 3 weeks of the season are probably going to be VERY important. The 4 point games against other wild card teams will be vital.
Well, the thing is, is that we have a TON of games within the division left. So a ton of 4 point games. We do well there, things will take care of themselves.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I think NYI will fall away. Not impressed with them at all. I think the key games are the 4 against NJD. If we can win those 4 games we might get into a division spot. 3 games against Montreal are must wins too.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
If W.Karlsson has last years S% he’d have 5 goals and not 22. Hagelin’s had roughly the same amount of shots for 2 goals and would have 21 shooting at Karlsson’s rate.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
If W.Karlsson has last years S% he’d have 5 goals and not 22. Hagelin’s had roughly the same amount of shots for 2 goals and would have 21 shooting at Karlsson’s rate.

Well I mean if you're converting at a better % you will score more, Hagelin's shot just sucks, he is capable of shooting better but I get the sense that the guy is shooting thinking it won't go in.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Well I mean if you're converting at a better % you will score more, Hagelin's shot just sucks, he is capable of shooting better but I get the sense that the guy is shooting thinking it won't go in.

Yeah I know that lol. It’s just a weird thing they can be so far apart. Hagelins S% is 2.5% and Karlsson is 26.3% how can it be so far apart!!!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah I know that lol. It’s just a weird thing they can be so far apart. Hagelins S% is 2.5% and Karlsson is 26.3% how can it be so far apart!!!

Confidence is a hell of a thing. VGK is using him on their 1st and 2nd line and trusting his skills, he's getting more offensive zone starts as well because of it, if you look at his CBJ years, he was getting 60+ % DZ starts, this year he's gettin 52% OZ starts. GG is letting his confidence grow. I think one of the biggest problems with our coaching staff is the constant juggling, it helps others, while it's a massive detriment to the ones that don't respond to that.

GMGM, not a smart man by any stretch of the imagination, would be wise to move Karlsson now while his value is astronomical compared to what it should be, because he will never shoot at that % again, very very very few do. I don't think anyone that plays over 60+ games shoots at a back to back 20+ % level for shooting percentage.

Hagelin's problem is that his shot is suffering with his confidence issues, he is capable of shooting better, not a world beater by any stretch of the imagination, but Hagelin should be good for at least 15goals with 25-30 assists for his skills. But the guy just handles the puck so poorly right now, I feel bad for him.

Look at Hagelin in his 3yrs...

OZ/DZ
2015-16: 53.4/46.6
2016-17: 49.8/50.2
2017-18: 35.9/64.1

Yeah he's struggling, but when HMK was something that should have been kept together, Sully kept f***ing with it. GG on the other hand, if you do well, he promotes you. Imagine that concept? If you play well, he will slowly promote you for it, insane right? Who the f*** would have thought that was a thing?

Kuhnhackl had 1 good shift? OFF YOU GO TO THE TOP 6!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad