OT: Around the NHL: And you get a hat trick, and you get a hat trick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
McDavid with 2 pts in the 3 games following his hat trick, all losses. I thought he was already #2 to Gretzky as the GOAT.

Things will level out and him/Sid will prob compete for the scoring title again, and I don't imagine the top 3 scorers will be Capitals all year long.

Reactions: HandshakeLin

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Yeah, I imagine Ovechkin/Backstrom and Kuzy will cool off as teams start keying in more on them. For all of our rough start, at least we have depth scoring. :laugh:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
HattrickLine.

I have to say I do love that the Pens have 20 goals in 6 games and aren't in the top 10 of goals per game right now...way too early in the season to read much of anything from that, but I like the offense.

*points and laughs at the Canadiens having 7 in 5*

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Pens are -5 on goal differential. That's pretty bad lol.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Pens are -5 on goal differential. That's pretty bad lol.
Let's be real though, most of that is because of the Chicago debacle, plus Tampa and St. Louis have some scorers and are going to be very good this year. Things will level out.

The defense and backup goalie situation are a bit of a concern though. We really took last year's goalie situation for granted... that was a huge reason we repeated.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Darryl Sutter to New York, book it - hopefully AV gone. :)

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Let's be real though, most of that is because of the Chicago debacle, plus Tampa and St. Louis have some scorers and are going to be very good this year. Things will level out.

The defense and backup goalie situation are a bit of a concern though. We really took last year's goalie situation for granted... that was a huge reason we repeated.

Other than being in Nashville's head...And getting smoked by Chi...every game has been a one goal game...win or loss.

Not sure I like that.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

It's not really a concern right now but the biggest gripe with me is the team playing lazy defensively.I've seen many plays that cost us a goal or almost that could have been avoided if they just "tried harder" to get the puck. It's only October so not really a concern but did not expect this team to call it quits like this on the D end under Sullivan all the time. Maybe they are just pacing themselves until the season gets more important due to all the hockey they have played and back to back winners and taking the season lightly? I dunno, but I hope it wont be an issue by April and beyond. I don't watch hockey to watch players and plays develop, I just watch it without paying attention to detail but it's so glaring that even I can't ignore it.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
MAF with concussion. :( That is sad. If it was Murray, a bunch of idiot yinzers would be calling talk shows to say we should have never got rid of MAF.

I love watching Vegas games. I hope he gets back soon.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
McDavid with 2 pts in the 3 games following his hat trick, all losses. I thought he was already #2 to Gretzky as the GOAT.

Things will level out and him/Sid will prob compete for the scoring title again, and I don't imagine the top 3 scorers will be Capitals all year long.

I've watched the majority of the games and he's looked like garbage. When they were looking for linemates for im w/ Leon being out, they brought up how difficult it is to play w/ McDavid, similar to Crosby, and I laugh because there isn't some main board discussion about it. Great player are tough to play with because they see the game so fast. But McDavid has played very poorly the last couple games. Looks like he's human after all. SHOCKING.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I've watched the majority of the games and he's looked like garbage. When they were looking for linemates for im w/ Leon being out, they brought up how difficult it is to play w/ McDavid, similar to Crosby, and I laugh because there isn't some main board discussion about it. Great player are tough to play with because they see the game so fast. But McDavid has played very poorly the last couple games. Looks like he's human after all. SHOCKING.
and he doesn't just see the game fast, he plays it fast. You have to physically keep up too.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
^ Yep. People shit on Sheary at times because he's probably more of a tweener top 6/bottom 6, but he has a knack for being able to keep up and has the skill to play with a guy like Sid. I have zero doubts he could also do the same for McDavid.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Oh geez, that's not good to see with Fleury. That's his 3rd concussion in like a year, that's really concerning.

First thing I thought when I saw the replay of him getting kneed in the head by Mantha. Three concussions in such a short time frame is troubling.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Ridiculous that he wasn't checked on during the game. Shouldn't let a goalie not be checked.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
MAF with concussion. :( That is sad. If it was Murray, a bunch of idiot yinzers would be calling talk shows to say we should have never got rid of MAF.

I love watching Vegas games. I hope he gets back soon.

I just saw that. I hope he's not out too long.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
MAF is on IR already for Vegas

I hate to see that considering how many he's had in such a short time.

I also hate to see it considering I just paid for Center Ice yesterday primarily so I could follow him in Vegas, only for him to be promptly placed on IR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad