OT: Around the NHL: And you get a hat trick, and you get a hat trick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Tip of the cap to GMGM. I thought he made some stupid moves, but he obviously did something right to have an expansion team at 21-9-2 and leading their division this far into the season.

Reactions: BHD and ETA

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Don't think GMGM thought his D would be as good as it has been. Let's not forget they went through a decent chunk of games playing a rookie to 3rd, 4th stringers in goal. Just goes to show you having 4 lines deep up front can make up for alot of shortcomings. 5-man D is the name of the game now.

Reactions: KIRK

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Don't think GMGM thought his D would be as good as it has been. Let's not forget they went through a decent chunk of games playing a rookie to 3rd, 4th stringers in goal. Just goes to show you having 4 lines deep up front can make up for alot of shortcomings. 5-man D is the name of the game now.

Agreed. They are 4th in GF and 15th in GA. Obviously well coached to get those kind of results, but in their case, depth scoring has really been the name of the game. That was the Pens model the past 2 years and I think they need to get back to it if they want any chance at 3peating.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Good night so far for us. Bruins up 1-0 on CBJ, Ducks up 2-0 on NJ and LA 2-0 over PHI. Hopefully atleast 2 of those metro teams lose in Regulation and Pens take care of business on their end.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Gee, there's a lesson in there for the Pens methinks.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Another fun one in Vegas. Tampa up 2-0. Tied going to the 3rd. Kunitz took a slashing penalty. Marchessault made em pay to tie it up.

Haula scores early in the 3rd: 3-2 Vegas
Hedman ties it up with 3 and change left...
Tuch almost puts them right back up. Stoned by Vasi.
Oh wow. Cheap call on Engelland. Gallant pissed.
Vegas kill it.
Neal draws a PP late. Will carry over into OT...
ETA: NOPE! Theodore cranks a one timer in with 2.3 seconds left. 4-3 Vegas.
Fun game.

Last edited:

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Losses for the Flyers (regulation) and Caps (OT) last night. Considering how the Islanders are doing, a win tonight would be good.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Losses for the Flyers (regulation) and Caps (OT) last night. Considering how the Islanders are doing, a win tonight would be good.

Or a regulation loss tonight and a Hurricanes/Flyers win and we finish dead last in the division by Xmas. A new low?

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

Makes every divisional game important. There is going to be 1 playoff caliber team in the metro missing the playoffs that should be there.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Zac Rinaldo is ****ing disgrace to humanity.
I want so badly to be sitting directly next to the penalty box during a game he plays in. He'd surely take a penalty and I would just be RELENTLESS on him. I'd genuinely try to make him cry for 2 minutes. Or 5 depending on how dumb he was

Reactions: TNT87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad