Around the NHL, 2016-2017 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I am. Ristolainen's deal was the clear comparable for Lindholm's deal, but Ristolainen's deal included only 1 UFA year while Lindholm's includes 2. It's pretty remarkable that Lindholm's cap hit came in at less than Ristolainen's.

Dreger said earlier this month that Ristolainen was the floor for what Lindholm could get (suggesting he would get more than 5.4 AAV), and he pretty much guaranteed it could not be any lower.

Props to Anaheim for making that happen.
Makes a big difference to have a 40 point season compared to only 30 points. I'd also say Ristolainen is more important to Buffalo than Lindholm to Ana, so he had more leverage. But no doubt Anaheim got a good deal, their patience paid off.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I drafted Benn over McDavid in fantasy hockey...... would really like a do-over right now. :help:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Okay it's obvious you're not a fan of hockey

Went with what I thought was a safe bet for 40-45-85 and then shots and blocks. And Benn has 4 pts, and McDavid has 12. That's what I get for being a wuss. :laugh:

Quite honestly, didn't expect the Oilers to be this good. Cam Talbot has been carrying me, lol.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Went with what I thought was a safe bet for 40-45-85 and then shots and blocks. And Benn has 4 pts, and McDavid has 12. That's what I get for being a wuss. :laugh:

Quite honestly, didn't expect the Oilers to be this good. Cam Talbot has been carrying me, lol.

Mcdavid was a top 3 forward last year. Not sure how fantasy works though so maybe benn was a safe bet?

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
I drafted Benn over McDavid in fantasy hockey...... would really like a do-over right now. :help:

My hockey pool I have Benn, Sid, Stammer, Kane and Ovechkin in the first tier. Went with Benn due to Ovechkin and Stammer being scorers but not really PPG players. Didn't expect Kaner to repeat and was so worried abotu Sid's concussions. Wish I went with Sid.

McDavid is in tier 2. I have him.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Burns not a slamdunk to re-sign in San Jose.

Doubt we have the cap space to even entertain going after him, though. And he'll be 32-ish. Still, he's something we really need.

Probably talking $9+ million as a UFA? It's possible Green gets picked up by Vegas, which would open up $6 million in space. Vanek and Smith will be UFAs as well. Could be a possibility. I think he goes back to SJ though.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Probably talking $9+ million as a UFA? It's possible Green gets picked up by Vegas, which would open up $6 million in space. Vanek and Smith will be UFAs as well. Could be a possibility. I think he goes back to SJ though.

I think something closer to what Buff signed for is possible, though I agree about Burns going back to Vegas. Off the top of my head, next year's UFA D is the last potentially big class for a few years.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Watched a little dallas last night. Patrick Eaves is getting into Burns/Thornton territory with that beard. Scored a goal too

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Watched a little dallas last night. Patrick Eaves is getting into Burns/Thornton territory with that beard. Scored a goal too

A minor quibble, but I wish we still had Eaves instead of Miller. I was always a big fan. He's doing really well in Dallas this year. They are giving him serious ice time and he's actually producing; 5 points in 9 games.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
A minor quibble, but I wish we still had Eaves instead of Miller. I was always a big fan. He's doing really well in Dallas this year. They are giving him serious ice time and he's actually producing; 5 points in 9 games.

Eaves was always hurt, though. He'd go out, put up some nice looking goals, look like a top6 wing, and then he'd get his bell rung. I think that played a fair part in the Wings moving him instead of Miller.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
From Lawless article on TSN:

Garth Snow: The Islanders GM is feeling heat for the contract he gave veteran forward Andrew Ladd. Ladd, who is scheduled to make $5.5 million for the next seven years, has one point through 10 games and has been demoted to the third line. The contract is buyout proof with $31.5 million in bonus money. This is the kind of deal that is going to be targeted when the next CBA comes around. GMs can't help themselves, so the NHL will look to remove the poison.

I don't mind the salary cap or revenue sharing. What I hate about these CBAs from the NHL side is this bizarre desire to idiot proof them. I'ts not a poison, it's a GM screwing up. It happens, and it's part of what separates good organizations from bad. This isn't something that needs fixed, it's something good GMs don't screw themselves too heavily with.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013

Yep, I really liked Eaves too. Really happy to see him extending his career and playing well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad