Around the NHL, 2016-2017 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I've been watching that Edmonton Calgary game, holy hell is McDavid good. He's honestly just a step ahead of everyone out there.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Chicago starting the season 0-2

Quick might need surgery.

The West could be very interesting this season.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Maybe LA's backup will crash and burn and we can peddle Howard there. A hockey fan can irrationally dream, can't he?

Flames may be looking for a new starter, too. That team's defense is awful, again, too.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I think they have as many bad contracts as we do unfortunately...

Howard at $2.6 million is fine. But who wants him for 3 years? And the Wings don't save much keeping 2.6 million on the books plus whatever the new backup costs. I guess they could save around $1.6 million bucks, which is something.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Flames may be looking for a new starter, too. That team's defense is awful, again, too.
I'm not sure how Flames fans thought their goaltending was fine going into the season.

Hopefully Howard can actually be solid this season and gain some value.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'm not sure how Flames fans thought their goaltending was fine going into the season.

Hopefully Howard can actually be solid this season and gain some value.

Well, the Elliot trade was supposed to fix that. Elliot has better numbers than Howard the last 3 seasons. Pretty easily.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Howard at $2.6 million is fine. But who wants him for 3 years? And the Wings don't save much keeping 2.6 million on the books plus whatever the new backup costs. I guess they could save around $1.6 million bucks, which is something.

The contracts for mediocre/average goalies are pretty high these days. Howard is the 17th highest paid goalie and I'd argue he's about the 20th best so he's not massively overpaid considering he's also proven. It's all about if there's a taker out there, then you could probably get away with only retaining about a million.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
After signing Rakell, Anaheim is bumping up against the cap and still haven't signed Lindholm. They're going to have to move more than just Fowler.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Well, the Elliot trade was supposed to fix that. Elliot has better numbers than Howard the last 3 seasons. Pretty easily.

Right, but people love to forget Elliot has been a career backup playing for a coach that makes every goaltender look better than he is. Elliot has never been a starter and played 65+ games in a season. The same thing is going to happen with Freddy Andersen and the Leafs. Freddy has never been a starter and they gave him a 5-year deal. It's going to blow up in their face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad