Around the NHL, 2016-2017 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I think Matthews played a grand 20 seconds of that OT(he dominated the game too, mind you). Babcock coaching not to lose 3v3 OT.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I've heard a few interviews saying he might end up being the 3rd best player out of the 1st round based on early scouting reports.

Waaay too early to tell, but I didn't like the decision to pass on him the day of the draft and I still don't like it today.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
A lot of Coyotes fans like his game so far, and think he has been one of their better D.
Well that is on a team that is 1-4 to start and he is playing 3rd pairing minutes. So not sure how much that means in terms of changing what we already knew about him; he is a safe bet to at worst turn into a solid #4-5 d-man.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Leaf fans already freaking out about babcock after talking about how this is going to take time and they're ok waiting for the team to be good. This is entertaining to follow.

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands
Leaf fans already freaking out about babcock after talking about how this is going to take time and they're ok waiting for the team to be good. This is entertaining to follow.

Gut feeling was always that the Leafs market/media/fans would give Babcock and year or two at most to turn things around. After that it will alllllll come roaring back. Be curious to see how things are in April in the Leafs are well outside of the playoffs. Especially if the Oilers make it in.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009

They can't understand why Hunwick plays as much as he does (nearly 20 minutes tonight), or why Rielly doesn't get any powerplay time (19 seconds tonight). That's what Babcock does. He plays his favorites. Better get used to it, Toronto. :laugh:

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
They can't understand why Hunwick plays as much as he does (nearly 20 minutes tonight), or why Rielly doesn't get any powerplay time (19 seconds tonight). That's what Babcock does. He plays his favorites. Better get used to it, Toronto. :laugh:

Pretty much everything we told them that was going to happen.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I've heard a few interviews saying he might end up being the 3rd best player out of the 1st round based on early scouting reports.

This is all pointless if the Wings didn't think highly of Chych in the first place. From the draft floor, the chatter was that they didn't even think he was worth the Cholo pick. Imagine the Wings DONT make the Datsyuk trade and STILL pass on Chych. Good god.

Either way, we knew the Wings had deficiencies in the scouting department when it came to defenseman.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
This is all pointless if the Wings didn't think highly of Chych in the first place. From the draft floor, the chatter was that they didn't even think he was worth the Cholo pick. Imagine the Wings DONT make the Datsyuk trade and STILL pass on Chych. Good god.

Either way, we knew the Wings had deficiencies in the scouting department when it came to defenseman.

Huh? Chychrun was always thought of as the most NHL-ready defenseman at the draft. He certainly is physically. The thinking is, though, that he won't top out as an elite, #1 defenseman. If that's what many teams believed then it shouldn't be a surprise he fell and that teams took risks on other, more higher-potential players.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
*****ing and moaning about favoring veterans and how the team plays with the lead. Some already giving up on him. But probably just an obnoxious minority. Their board is pretty humorous.

Can I get a link? Their board is pretty big and they didn't play with a lead tonight. I just wanna see if it's true :laugh:

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Huh? Chychrun was always thought of as the most NHL-ready defenseman at the draft. He certainly is physically. The thinking is, though, that he won't top out as an elite, #1 defenseman. If that's what many teams believed then it shouldn't be a surprise he fell and that teams took risks on other, more higher-potential players.

Injuries have played a major factor in his junior career. Could go either way really.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
CvrOw32WgAAGUIA.jpg:large

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
*****ing and moaning about favoring veterans and how the team plays with the lead. Some already giving up on him. But probably just an obnoxious minority. Their board is pretty humorous.

To me, it looks like they've convinced themselves he's sheltering the rest of the team by overplaying guys like Hunwick and Polak, so fans put the blame on those two instead of the kids.

Wonder who he was sheltering here.. :laugh:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
To me, it looks like they've convinced themselves he's sheltering the rest of the team by overplaying guys like Hunwick and Polak, so fans put the blame on those two instead of the kids.

Wonder who he was sheltering here.. :laugh:

Some don't want to believe it. Because the Canadian media praised him as the goat coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad