Around the NHL, 2016-2017 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Anyone hear the hype on Carlo? I know some folks around here really liked him in his draft year. Apparently he's killing it for the Bruins right now - on the top pairing, no less...

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Laine with a hattrick and an OT game winner vs the Leafs.

Them high picks....

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Up by four goals and still managed to lose that one. Not bad. Tough break for Matthews not to bury that chance in OT and indirectly causing Laine's GWG.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
So... Chychrun scored his first NHL goal.

You act like the Wings need defensive help right now.

uc03HNk.gif

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Damn... Werenski is a beast. Can we trade Columbus our next 3 firsts for that kid?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Damn... Werenski is a beast. Can we trade Columbus our next 3 firsts for that kid?

I know it is a long ways off, but I believe he will play for the Wings one day. Best friend from hockey growing up is Larkin. Think he is our Suter there, but time will tell because a lot can happen between now and when he will have the right to choose.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I know it is a long ways off, but I believe he will play for the Wings one day. Best friend from hockey growing up is Larkin. Think he is our Suter there, but time will tell because a lot can happen between now and when he will have the right to choose.

Big time wishful thinking, IMO. Lots of players are good friends and never play together.

If we're putting our eggs in that basket, pretty sure Larkin is also good friends with Ekblad and Ekblad is from Windsor and grew up a Wings fan.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Chychrun. Ugh. Come on, Wings.

Are we really going to bring this up the rest of his career? He was passed over by 15 other teams. There was a possibility the Red Wings passing on him anyway and drafting someone else at #16. Let's stop caring.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Are we really going to bring this up the rest of his career? He was passed over by 15 other teams. There was a possibility the Red Wings passing on him anyway and drafting someone else at #16. Let's stop caring.

Kind of ironic since you like bringing up every rumored trade we were linked to from the past 5 years like once a week, no?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Big time wishful thinking, IMO. Lots of players are good friends and never play together.

If we're putting our eggs in that basket, pretty sure Larkin is also good friends with Ekblad and Ekblad is from Windsor and grew up a Wings fan.

Werenski is much closer to him, wanted to bail almost instantly when Larkin wasn't going to be around at U of M at least in terms of rumors. They grew up playing on the same teams for several years before the USMNTDP and picked the same colleges. Is from the Grosse Pointe area and if I remember right like David Booth his parents are actually Wings season ticket holders. If he makes it to UFA, he is a no-brainer for us and we should win. Keep in mind that is far enough off, I actually expect Larkin to be our Captain at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA