Around the NHL, 2016-2017 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
Well to be fair, it's not like they replaced Subban with Kent Huskins.

Although i do think that trade was absolutely awful.

In terms of moving the puck, they pretty much did.

Weber's at his best when other players have the puck and not that good(for a 1D) with it. Not what you want out of a 1D in today's hockey.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Well to be fair, it's not like they replaced Subban with Kent Huskins.

Although i do think that trade was absolutely awful.

I remember Habs fans jumping for joy in the main boards when Weber and the team had a huge hot streak.

It's like they forgot last season existed.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Exactly this

I thought I was over hating SJ. I like them, even. But it was oddly gratifying to see them lose a series with a positive goal differential. Shoe meet other foot.

Anyways I am getting on the oil wagon, it's only natural to cheer against the ducks. Its almost like Edmonton has taken over our old path.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
I do feel bad about SJ losing, I know we had our previous rivalry with them, but the way I feel about them now is the way I feel about Pittsburgh, and even more so because they never won the cup. But I'm also happy for Edmonton, they're a young exciting team and I could see them being a powerhouse soon as they gain experience in the playoffs.

All I ask for right now is for the Leafs to be knocked out and I'll be happy, they're the next team I can't stand after Chicago.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I do feel bad about SJ losing, I know we had our previous rivalry with them, but the way I feel about them now is the way I feel about Pittsburgh, and even more so because they never won the cup. But I'm also happy for Edmonton, they're a young exciting team and I could see them being a powerhouse soon as they gain experience in the playoffs.

All I ask for right now is for the Leafs to be knocked out and I'll be happy, they're the next team I can't stand after Chicago.

Ducks leafs and Penguins

NervousPerson

Apr 11, 2010
Haven't watched this whole series but is it just me or has Shattenkirk been less than impressive?

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Haven't watched this whole series but is it just me or has Shattenkirk been less than impressive?

Agreed. Shattenkirk was in a good position in St. Louis playing behind Pietrangelo. Shattenkirk isn't a #1 guy but in the right situation he's really good, Washington just might not be that spot.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Good showing by the Leafs, they were ultra competitive and right there with the Caps. Will be interesting to see just how good Toronto can be as their young guns get better and more experienced.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Good showing by the Leafs, they were ultra competitive and right there with the Caps. Will be interesting to see just how good Toronto can be as their young guns get better and more experienced.

I don't see Matthews as a guy getting much better. He's a guy that just has a really high floor. Maybe 70-80 points at best

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
Fricking finally. Caps had better not try to style on the Pens, too. That's not going to end well for them.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

That was Babcock hockey through and through. If another player becomes as prolific as Matthews at finding the net, that team will be a nightmare to play against.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
I was semi looting for leafs at the start but they were so defensibly inept I started to cheer for Caps halfway through. Leafs should be happy with flattering 4-2 series score. They took it as far as they did in my opinion. They have good transition game and some scoring threats but their D got completely turned inside and out.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
40 goals too....

So he's gonna be the greatest goal scorer in NHL history and overtake ovechkin?

Just cause he's young doesn't mean he's gonna progress. Yzerman only had two super great years after his rookie year. He didn't progress much offensively. He scored about 80-100 points. And I said Matthews is 70-80. It could be 70-90 or even 100 if the NHL wanted to help increase goals.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
That was Babcock hockey through and through. If another player becomes as prolific as Matthews at finding the net, that team will be a nightmare to play against.

What was the last team to have two 40 goal scorers? I can't remember

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site

Couldn't agree more.

I was always questioning people who called him a true #1 defenseman. He has looked very ordinary all series, if not shaky at times.

Anybody thinking of breaking the bank on this guy, might want to reconsider.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Couldn't agree more.

I was always questioning people who called him a true #1 defenseman. He has looked very ordinary all series, if not shaky at times.

Anybody thinking of breaking the bank on this guy, might want to reconsider.

He hasn't been great. But he hasn't been bad. Pretty sure he'd be the highest scoring dman the wings have had in the playoffs since lidstrom. And those are just the "bad" playoff years. He has 2 years where he has been a stud

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

They're already one of the highest scoring teams in the league this season. They're already a good team. Played incredibly close and tough to Washington, best regular season team. Their age, skill level, coach, all point to trending up even from here.

They're already a nightmare for a team like the Wings.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
the leafs played great, end of story

they certainly gave valiant effort that's for sure but at the same time, they only have themselves to blame.

I dont usually watch any playoff action other than Wings but watching it really made me appreciate Z more tbh. Watching the series kinda made me reminisce of all the battles past few seasons. Too bad I wont have anymore of those for quite sometime. The game got past us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad