Around the NHL, 2016-2017 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
It's hard to be better when significant players on your team (Eichel included) miss significant amount of games. While I can't speak of how good or bad the coach was, it takes more than the coach to win.

Eichel is still young and has a lot of learning to do, he should have kept his mouth closed, if he wanted to make a difference and act like a leader, then inspire and talk to your teammates, not play front office politics.

Bylsma sucks. And you can only do so much if your team is still a bunch of scrubs. What's eichel supposed to do? Put cheerleader outfits on and keep cheering for people that shouldn't even be in the NHL?

He just needs to stop talking on some things. And stop acting like he's the best NHL player in the league when he probably won't end up in the top 100

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
I'm very torn between Edmonton and SJ. On one end I would like to see the likes of Thronton and Marleau win the cup, on the other hand the Oilers are young and it would be great to see McDavid go all the way.

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
A well-deserved Oilers win.

Was beginning to feel like one of those NHL 17 matches when the puck just won't go in and a cheapie goes in for them.

Draisaitl is such a beast. Protects the puck like Zetterberg and is a beautiful playmaker.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Canadians and Rangers deserve some credit for how competitive and mean their games have been. A couple other series look like regular season hockey, those two are tearing each other apart and the the refs have been letting them play. Glad there's still a touch of hatred left in the NHL.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I'm very torn between Edmonton and SJ. On one end I would like to see the likes of Thronton and Marleau win the cup, on the other hand the Oilers are young and it would be great to see McDavid go all the way.

I doubt the sharks win the cup. I think after the all star or trade deadline the record vs playoff teams was trash

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I doubt the sharks win the cup. I think after the all star or trade deadline the record vs playoff teams was trash

I am not sure Brent Burns is all that healthy right now. I know they are chasing McDavid with Vlasic, but for Vlasic and Braun to be out distancing Burns with the kind of minutes they are playing in these games seems odd to me. We know Thornton and Couture are banged up too. The Sharks didn't get the right bounces it would appear health wise this year.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

I'm definitely pulling for an Oilers series win. They're a fun, young team. The Sharks seem a lot like those Sens teams with Alfie that were so good during the regular season but could never get over the hump.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Brendan Smith has played really well for the Rangers. Good for him. Has a hell lot more talent than most of our defenders.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
I really like St. Louis' team and have for a couple years. Sabotka has been a huge addition for these playoffs.
But I still have my doubts about Jake Allen.

Onto the second round for them. I guess we'll see.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Habs, like the Wings lack that real impact player that you need. Losing your leading scorer from the past two playoffs is huge (Subban)

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Sharks have played McDavid well. He does need to figure out a way to get better looks, sharks blocking shots like crazy. He needs to use that edge work and incredible skating ability to create some space.

Would love to see the sharks go home though. Hopefully a hatty for Connor

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Kinda feel bad for San Jose. They are doing every thing right, but can't catch a break.

With that said, still want SJ to lose and never see them win the cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad