Around the NHL, 2016-2017 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I prefer Hedman. Both those guys are money, but one is a winger and the other is a franchise #1 D-man. It certainly isn't easy when picking between them.

Amazing how a 40g winger and a 70p defenseman can both be on a team that missed the playoffs. The Wings haven't had a single 40g winger in ages, nor a 70p defenseman.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Amazing how a 40g winger and a 70p defenseman can both be on a team that missed the playoffs. The Wings haven't had a single 40g winger in ages, nor a 70p defenseman.

I think Hedman is going to win a Norris here soon. He is an extremely elite player.

If they didn't get all hung-up on the next MSL, they could be running out Hedman and Jones almost 30 minutes a night, like the Ducks did with the big two for a cup. If Yzerman doesn't win a cup in Tampa he can look directly back at that decision in my opinion. I know Drouin is good, but he had the chance to build the best blue-line in hockey and he whiffed. I guess that isn't that surprising given who trained him and the struggles Holland, Nill and Yzerman are having getting their d's sorted.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
gotta be frustrating as a caps fan. even when they outplay the pens, they still lose.

I thought they were the ones outplayed for the 1st half with a lot of terrible giveaways, passes in skates, etc. Man that ice seemed sticky. Interesting when the Caps did turn it on. It shows they have another gear and we all know Fleury is very beatable.

Same with the other 3 series...too early for anyone to say for sure IMO.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I think Hedman is going to win a Norris here soon. He is an extremely elite player.

If they didn't get all hung-up on the next MSL, they could be running out Hedman and Jones almost 30 minutes a night, like the Ducks did with the big two for a cup. If Yzerman doesn't win a cup in Tampa he can look directly back at that decision in my opinion. I know Drouin is good, but he had the chance to build the best blue-line in hockey and he whiffed. I guess that isn't that surprising given who trained him and the struggles Holland, Nill and Yzerman are having getting their d's sorted.
I cant think of 5 players I would take over Hedman. Guy is an absolute stud

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Not sure why people our surprised about the caps series. Everyone knows there rival is the second round always.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Ducks outplay Oilers Oilers still win. Uh oh

The best player in the world was the best player in the world last night though. McDavid was a beast last night. So while the Ducks played pretty well as a whole when the guy you're allowing that many chances to is McDavid that isn't a very good idea. I know his point total isn't great but he has been really good in both these games. The Ducks have a problem, Kesler is getting dominated by him.

I think Eichel is going to be a great player, but I was wrong thinking he would be close to McDavid. McDavid is what people have wanted to pretend Crosby is for the last decade just to say they were witnessing one of the best. I see a top 10 player all-time and dominate force when I watch him, for once the hype is real and it looks to me like he is going to emphatically deliver to expectations.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
The best player in the world was the best player in the world last night though. McDavid was a beast last night. So while the Ducks played pretty well as a whole when the guy you're allowing that many chances to is McDavid that isn't a very good idea. I know his point total isn't great but he has been really good in both these games. The Ducks have a problem, Kesler is getting dominated by him.

I think Eichel is going to be a great player, but I was wrong thinking he would be close to McDavid. McDavid is what people have wanted to pretend Crosby is for the last decade just to say they were witnessing one of the best. I see a top 10 player all-time and dominate force when I watch him, for once the hype is real and it looks to me like he is going to emphatically deliver to expectations.

Yep mcdavid is amazing. He could end up top 3 all time if he stays healthy. Still way too early to tell though

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills

What do you mean about Crosby? I think many could make the case that Crosby is right there in the top 10 all time right now.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Rangers are garbage. They went into straight up trap mode after going up two goals with eight minutes left.

Serves em right .

Sens are doing a great job creating traffic in front of Lundqvist.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
The Crosby hate is solely do to his perceived whinniness.

He is unbelievable

Which is funny, because Yzerman has been widely known as one of the biggest whiners in NHL history, I think two former NHL refs wrote books and mentioned it. 'Whining' bugs me in the heat of the moment, I'll give players or coaches **** if they whine during series where the Wings are playing, but at the end of the day I don't really care.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Which is funny, because Yzerman has been widely known as one of the biggest whiners in NHL history, I think two former NHL refs wrote books and mentioned it. 'Whining' bugs me in the heat of the moment, I'll give players or coaches **** if they whine during series where the Wings are playing, but at the end of the day I don't really care.

It's the only thing that makes sense, that and the fact he is just so much better than our American hero Patrick Kane and that rubs people the wrong way

But Crosby is amazing and has been since day one.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009

I think you're underrating Crosby JUSSSSST a bit.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Looks like Brendan Smith is 3rd among Rangers d-men in ice time this postseason.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Is this a good time to say I think Matthews will be the best American hockey player in the world over the next 10 years? :naughty:

I think you're underrating Crosby JUSSSSST a bit.

I live in a city where people bow to his feet, and they're my least favorite team there is, and even I think he's being underrated pretty hard there.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Ottawa has secured a commanding 2-0 leaded headed to MSG. We have exciting games to look forward to.

Oddly interesting to view the playoffs with no Red Wings. I just want to see good games and misery for Chicago and Pittsburgh. Two outta three ain't bad.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Remember when we scored like 7 on Fleury? Can that guy show up please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln