Around the NHL, 2016-2017 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I understand that but to basically hold your team's front office hostage by saying I'm gone if Bylsma isn't fired is complete BS

Yeah, I can agree with that. I liked his locker room comments towards the teammates. But the demanding people get fired is taking it pretty far.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I understand that but to basically hold your team's front office hostage by saying I'm gone if Bylsma isn't fired is complete BS
I think it would be BS if he were on a long-term contract or something. But on his entry-level deal, he has nothing else. This is his one bargaining chip.

And good on him to not wait any longer, either, because he would have had a lotttt more leverage on that one next year. It comes across like he wanted them to make this change so they can have a good year, and he can sign a long term deal with them. Like he did throw the coach under the bus, but it's almost like he did it because he cares a ton about the organization and wants to stay. I can respect that.

Do we know he got Murray fired? Most speculation I've seen is that (1) Murray might have refused to fire Bylsma and (2) Murray was not super well-loved by ownership anyway.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
He is the product of young fans who want personality over substance.

Eichel is a kid who acted like a brat and took his whiny attitude public before he even earned the right to complain, period

he looked and acted like a moopy teenager at hat presser and the TSN story to boot...

Of course buffalo did this, just another reason why buffalo lost so much more then just a draft spot when Edmonton got mcdavid.

Last edited:

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
preds gonna sweep the hawks. wow!

has to be one of the most shocking upsets in modern nhl history. how many #1 seeds have been swept in the 1st round before?

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
**** OFF AND DIE FOREVER, HAWKS

kWN48.gif

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
Kid wants to win. Team underperformed big time. People deserve to be called out, and I don't blame him.

While I respect his competitive edge, it's not professional for players to do that, this is his second NHL season in a rebuilding franchise, what exactly did he expect? Guns n roses?

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
While I respect his competitive edge, it's not professional for players to do that, this is his second NHL season in a rebuilding franchise, what exactly did he expect? Guns n roses?

They still should have done better. But yeah calling out for a coach to be fired is too much. He won't even be THAT good in his prime calm down eichel before you turn into Westbrook. Always talking smack but always losing

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
Hat off to the Preds. Did not expect anyone to beat Chicago in the West this year. So happy they proved me wrong and in such dramatic fashion. Now if Edmonton would get their **** together ...

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
They still should have done better. But yeah calling out for a coach to be fired is too much. He won't even be THAT good in his prime calm down eichel before you turn into Westbrook. Always talking smack but always losing

It's hard to be better when significant players on your team (Eichel included) miss significant amount of games. While I can't speak of how good or bad the coach was, it takes more than the coach to win.

Eichel is still young and has a lot of learning to do, he should have kept his mouth closed, if he wanted to make a difference and act like a leader, then inspire and talk to your teammates, not play front office politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad