Around the NHL 2013-2014 Part II: The Playoff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
He's no worse than Smith in his own end. Both are awful at positioning and do mindblowingly dumb stuff with the puck. Difference is Subban is probably the most skilled d-man in the league aside from Doughty.

I think Karlsson has to be up there, too. Maybe Yandle if we're talking about pure offensive skill. Subban gets a shot on goal and tipped in for a 3-1 lead now.

Aug 6, 2012
I don't like to get into the ref game, but where were these kinds of calls on Boston in our series? Not that our PPs helped, but the Bruins are getting called for a lot of the extracurriculars against the Habs that were let go/overlooked in our series.

It wouldn't have helped since our PP was so bad but you're right. Boston was getting away with murder all series, especially around the boards and in front of the net.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
I will be pretty shocked if the Habs end up going up 2-0. I guess i underestimated them.

And just when i say that, Boston ties it up.

NM, did not underestimate them.

Last edited:

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Baby Bro with the big sequence to give Boston the lead. What beautiful puck support and movement there.

Krug has elite vision from the blueline.

And Price finally transforms from a brick wall into a goalie.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Baby Bro with the big sequence to give Boston the lead. What beautiful puck support and movement there.

Krug has elite vision from the blueline.

And Price finally transforms from a brick wall into a goalie.

Its crazy how well Boston made out in that Seguin trade.

I said it 2 years ago - I think Chiarelli is the best GM in the NHL.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
Boston is a powerhouse. Holland needs to start to get aggressive here. Chia has a much better recent trading and FA record and is drafting well to boot.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Boston is a powerhouse. Holland needs to start to get aggressive here. Chia has a much better recent trading and FA record and is drafting well to boot.

Yeah, Chiarelli did a great job in Ottawa and now he has Boston in great shape. Don't worry, we're working on getting Dan Boyle. That will get us right up there with Chicago and Boston! :sarcasm:

8snake

Aug 3, 2005
You know...after these first two games I'd say Detroit played Boston more evenly than Montreal has. The Bruins didn't really start flat out destroying us until the series moved to the Joe. They've dominated Montreal from the jump. We'll see if the Habs have another gear Detroit didn't come game 3.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
You know...after these first two games I'd say Detroit played Boston more evenly than Montreal has. The Bruins didn't really start flat out destroying us until the series moved to the Joe. They've dominated Montreal from the jump. We'll see if the Habs have another gear Detroit didn't come game 3.

Goaltending and special teams will always be x-factors, and Montreal has fared much better than Detroit did in these categories.

I wouldn't be shocked if Boston went on to win the next 3. But if Montreal can continue to score on the PP and Price stands on his head, well that changes everything.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Habs had the 3-1 lead in 3rd, but lost the game. Too bad. Going home 2-0 would be great, now they have to fight. Price was huge for them. Habs have no problems scoring, 7 goals in 2 games

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Habs had the 3-1 lead in 3rd, but lost the game. Too bad. Going home 2-0 would be great, now they have to fight. Price was huge for them. Habs have no problems scoring, 7 goals in 2 games

Yeah that series completely changed over those final 8 or so minutes. Prior to that the Habs looked to be in full control of that series, now not so much. Will they look even better on home ice? If so they are going to be fine; if not they may live to regret that collapse when they looked assured of going up 2-0.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Right. Show me where his head was on the chopping block after one rough series. Give me a break. :shakehead:

mckenzie indicated so on the TSN radio. can't remember when, must have been months ago.

that julien would have been gone, with 100% certainty and strong possibility that chiarelli too.

there was lot more in that than just one rough series. including that epic collapse year earlier.

Last edited:

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Yeah that series completely changed over those final 8 or so minutes. Prior to that the Habs looked to be in full control of that series, now not so much. Will they look even better on home ice? If so they are going to be fine; if not they may live to regret that collapse when they looked assured of going up 2-0.

The thing is, the Habs were completley dominated in both games. If price isn't a brick wall and the powerplay doesn't cash in, the bruins would easily be up 2-0 in this series. So even if the Habs won that game and went up 2-0, I still wouldn't say they were in the drivers seat.

Aug 6, 2012
The Hawks are just unreal. I don't know why people always rag on Quenneville... the system he has in place for Chicago is amazing.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway

That was a huge, huge lead they lost. That might be the series.

Hawks easily 2-0. I think they Are 2 games away og advancing, Inthink they sweep Wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad