Around the League Part 8: Welcome to the league Vegas, and Duchene discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
So Devils, Vegas, Avs are all playing decent, what is this season?

The-Twilight-Zone-78524.gif

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Supposedly Duchene and Yakupov have been playing together and playing really well? Both have 5pts in 4 games. It would be quite the plot twist if Duchene never gets traded, has a great season, and helps Yakupov have a breakout season :laugh:

Would also be funny if Yakupov was having a great year alongside Duchene only to have his production drop off a cliff when Duchene is finally traded.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Purple and green works great together, Orange and gold really do not. At least that's the impression that I get
I gotta say though that it looks pretty good as far as headwear goes though. One of the guys that is in the cube across from me is a Ducks fan and wears his hat quite a bit, and there's a number of times I'm thinking "That's a hell of a hat that you're wearing"

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
There's a player with the last name "wood" on the Devils. The announcer said "A hit on Wood". It was a perfect chance to say "Wood's been hit! Wood's been hit!"

An underrated aspect of that movie that I've never seen anybody mention is that Iceman is all cool and collected and **** the whole movie but the second his wingman goes down he turns into a scared whiny b****. Cruise's line should've been "Maverick is supersonic, I'll be there in 30 seconds....or maybe 40. I could probably get there faster if maybe you felt like apologizing for all that bull**** drama before when you talked **** about me for being unsafe."

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Of this particular subtext I have not been aware of, no.

I'm kind of worried that Iceman is, like Johnny Lawrence, just competently doing his expected stuff and being good at it in the traditional way, and is unjustly denied the rewards because there's some unhinged reckless square-peg-to-round-hole type of fellow who somehow manages to draw all the other people on his personal orbit, and whose questionable antics get dubbed as "inspirational".

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Of this particular subtext I have not been aware of, no.

I'm kind of worried that Iceman is, like Johnny Lawrence, just competently doing his expected stuff and being good at it in the traditional way, and is unjustly denied the rewards because there's some unhinged reckless square-peg-to-round-hole type of fellow who somehow manages to draw all the other people on his personal orbit, and whose questionable antics get dubbed as "inspirational".

Being safe and conventional is fine until the **** hits the fan, but do you think Mig 28 pilots give a **** about a hard deck? Ooooooh, you broke the rules of engagement! Well, so ****ing what. Yee-hah, Jester's dead. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it Ice........man (chomp)

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
I think we might of let a good one slip away. Martin Frk has got quite the shot, and so far is looking like it's translating in the NHL.
I am not sure, playing for us he was nothing special, yes, his shot is good, but everything else is below average IMO

Playing for Wings he is put in the scoring position all the time - first PP, 1/2 line, so there is no surprise that he is getting points

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Well, since we're living in "the current year", I think we all now are aware that Iceman was just a paragon of White Priviledge and Toxic Masculinity, lets face it.
o_O

Iceman, Johnny Lawrence and Ivan Drago all are pro-system beneficiaries of the white patriarchal system, all hidden in plain sight. Especially Iceman.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
I am not sure, playing for us he was nothing special, yes, his shot is good, but everything else is below average IMO

Playing for Wings he is put in the scoring position all the time - first PP, 1/2 line, so there is no surprise that he is getting points

well yeah, but if he is being put in those positions and playing well and producing... then what is the issue?

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
There's nothing wrong with letting go of a guy who goes on to do good things for another team. To me, it appeared his foot speed made him a bad fit in Peters' system...nothing wrong with that. Also, he's played 4 games so far...small sample size, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad