Around the League: Capitals and Ovie are Stanley Cup Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Honestly, I have no problems with Vegas. Sometimes, **** happens. Remember Leicester City a couple years ago in the EPL? sometimes, weird, crazy stuff happens. This is the NHL equivalent.

As a Leaf fan, I'm not salty about Vegas being successful as much as I am depressed at how it makes the past ineptitude of our franchise look bad. Hell, I'm not salty about a division "rival" giving two of its better players to Vegas for free, that's good for us lol.
I feel bad for the people legitimately angry with the Leafs because of Vegas. Vegas winning doesn't mean anything for the Leafs at this moment imo and heck I think it's a great story for Vegas this year.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Anyone else glad that the Jets are done? I was really sick of hearing Sportsnet/CBC pump up the city and team. Hughson and Simpson were just unbearable for the past couple of weeks.

Also, Vegas' success has nothing to do with Toronto. Did we miss out on Marchessault, Smith, McNabb, Schmidt etc etc. Yes, but so did everybody else and that rumour going around is that teams were more willing to give up players to Vegas than they were willing to trade them because they assumed that Vegas was just going to be a lottery team.

Anyway, I'm very optimistic with Dubas at the helm with the Seattle expansion coming in the next couple of seasons.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Anyone else glad that the Jets are done? I was really sick of hearing Sportsnet/CBC pump up the city and team. Hughson and Simpson were just unbearable for the past couple of weeks.

Also, Vegas' success has nothing to do with Toronto. Did we miss out on Marchessault, Smith, McNabb, Schmidt etc etc. Yes, but so did everybody else and that rumour going around is that teams were more willing to give up players to Vegas than they were willing to trade them because they assumed that Vegas was just going to be a lottery team.

Anyway, I'm very optimistic with Dubas at the helm with the Seattle expansion coming in the next couple of seasons.
Hughson and Simpson just wouldnt stop they were gushing at every little thing it was nauseating to say the least. wonder when there contract ends lol.

Reactions: Al14

mallory67

Jul 2, 2015
North Carolina
Was really hoping Nashville would win the West and the cup (wanted Montreal fans to see Subban hoist the cup).
But Vegas would be great as well.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
You really have to be happy for those very, very, very, long suffering Vegas fans!

I mean, come on, after decades of suffering little to no playoff experiences, they find their team is now, finally, in the Stanley Cup finals.

Their enthusiasm, patience, and loyalty, during all those DARK DAYS has been FINALLY rewarded.

Go get your fans a Stanley Cup victory Vegas, they have SUFFERED ENOUGH!

Last edited:

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I don’t want to see the long suffering Vegas fans wins a cup either, but the selfish part of me wants the Leafs to be the next Canadian team win the cup so we don’t have to hear Jets fans mock us and start stupid threads like Laine>Matthews AINEC.

As a hockey fan I’ve also enjoyed Ovie’s career and want to see him hoist a cup so I’m cheering for the Caps for now, with Tampa as my second choice

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
I love history, and Vegas winning would be historical, and not likely replicated. I think they are due for a regression next season, but you have to admire the chip on their shoulder they play with, and the retribution Gallant is getting for the way he was treated.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
i hate that word "deserve"
they don't "deserve" to be in a cup final no more than anyone else. they won, and that's why they are there, but they don't deserve to be there.

Sure they do. They won without cheating as far as I know, to me that means they deserve to be there by definition. If not them, than who? :dunno:

I hope the Knights win it all and prove how vastly over paid and self important some of the players and management are across the league.

Haha yeah, there's definitely something to be said for this IMO.

They've earned it therefore they deserve it.

Exactly.

I love history, and Vegas winning would be historical, and not likely replicated. I think they are due for a regression next season, but you have to admire the chip on their shoulder they play with, and the retribution Gallant is getting for the way he was treated.

Vegas in the final is indeed a great story and them winning it all would be an even better story. As far as them regressing, we'll see. People have been predicting them coming back down to earth since about November or so so ... we'll see. Making the final is tough so they're likely to not make it next season but then again, the same can be said for every team. I think they've proved that they're a team to be reckoned with and they had 3 1st round picks this year, as long as MAF is playing great I think they'll be tough to beat.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Caps playing D like the Leafs...several chances to clear the zone and they can’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad