Around the League: Capitals and Ovie are Stanley Cup Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
I wouldn't say he plays it right. He has a history of some really bad hits and he hasn't learned from them.

I think he’s reckless and dangerous, but the NHL allows him leeway to play the way he does. What sets him apart is he can play up and down the Caps lineup and not cost them most of the time. He’s a pretty good player. If you go old school and bring in a heavy to deal with him, your 4th line gets shredded. Got to find a big tough who can play and they are few and far between,

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Well if the Paquette hit wasn’t a penalty it’s hard to call any hits from behind

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
#1 2-way stud D Hedman that every team allegedly needs to succeed plays key role in helping Tampa advance

to the golf course.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
I was rooting for Point but I'm glad the off brand leafs are finally out.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Not true, usually his hits are clean, occasional one gets away.
I wish the Leafs had a guy like him.

The only one in the leafs system who kind of plays like Wilson is Marchment and he's a long long shot.

Hyman, Grundstrom, Johnsson don't hit but they do get under the other team's skin. So at least we have those kinds of players.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Glad Ovi gets his shot at a cup, I've warmed up to him over the years. Also nice to see a divisional rival get knocked out.

I'm also less bitter about Vegas winning because of Gallant, and the good karma he deserves after how he was treated after being fired by Florida.

I want the Caps to win more though (not by much).

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Glad Ovi gets his shot at a cup, I've warmed up to him over the years. Also nice to see a divisional rival get knocked out.

I'm also less bitter about Vegas winning because of Gallant, and the good karma he deserves after how he was treated after being fired by Florida.

I want the Caps to win more though (not by much).
not a huge cap fan but will love to see how Ovi will play in the finals. I'm prepared to be awed

Reactions: Trawna Phan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad