Around the League: Capitals and Ovie are Stanley Cup Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
personally I don't really care whether it is VGK or Caps that win the cup (would like Ovi to get one though).

I don't want Stamkos to ever win a cup especially with all the BS he pulled in his UFA season with liking tweets and other crap.

FU Stamkos you f***ing SUCK

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
7x7 for Kane. I had a discussion with someone who thought Matt Cane was crazy for predicting a contract rather similar to that. Can't say I disagreed with him though on craziness, I'd just pin it more on the GMs than Cane for predicting it.

Ovie deserves it....
After all these years of terrific playoff performances where he is let down by his teammates, only to be called a huge choker himself? Yes. So much this.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
7x7 for Kane. I had a discussion with someone who thought Matt Cane was crazy for predicting a contract rather similar to that. Can't say I disagreed with him though on craziness, I'd just pin it more on the GMs than Cane for predicting it.

We now go live to James van Reimsdyk for comment:

tumblr_lsppx6hkSE1qh59n0o1_250.gif

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
personally I don't really care whether it is VGK or Caps that win the cup (would like Ovi to get one though).

I don't want Stamkos to ever win a cup especially with all the BS he pulled in his UFA season with liking tweets and other crap.

FU Stamkos you ****ing SUCK

So people can't have a life and have fun a bit on social media? If you don't like that then stay off the internet

kyle n00bas

Dec 10, 2017
The cap could be going up to as much as $80M, so I have a feeling people are going to be shitting their pants at pretty much every FA signing.

$6-8M for a 30 goal winger on the open market isn't really that outrageous anymore. I generally wouldn't want to do it for a Kane/JVR type myself but it all depends on the team's cap structure, etc. Sometimes you can afford to overpay a player by a little bit if they fill a need.

I'm just a little surprised they didn't wait to take a run at Tavares.

Last edited:

Al14

Jul 13, 2007

FU Stamkos you ****ing SUCK
I agree with everything except Ovechkin! F him too! LOL

Reactions: PromisedLand

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

Toby Enstrom's time with the Winnipeg Jets is likely over, and his apparent exit is not without some controversy.

Enstrom was a surprise scratch in Sunday's 2-1 loss to Vegas that sent the Jets packing and the Golden Knights on to the Stanley Cup final. It's a move that isn't sitting well with the veteran blue-liner.

According to sources, Enstrom was not happy about coach Paul Maurice's decision to exclude him because he'd played through the Western Conference finals with a serious rib injury. One person, who requested anonymity because they weren't authorized to speak on the topic, said Enstrom had suffered "broken ribs," but didn't say when the injury occurred or how many games he played afterward.

Unlike the majority of his teammates, Enstrom didn't meet with the media Tuesday after players cleaned out their lockers and held final meetings with coaches and management. Reporters who made requests to speak with him were told he was "long gone."

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I'm just a little surprised they didn't wait to take a run at Tavares.
There is speculation they saw what happened on the Island yesterday and came to the conclusion that "Yeah, JT coming here isn't happening" and proceeded from there. The best thing about Kane staying in SJ is that we now get their lotto protected 2019 #1 #Buffaluck

Reactions: PatrickMerlot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad