Around The League 40: As we barrel towards 40 teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
The metro is packed up super tight. Depending on how the games go tonight we could be sitting at number 2 tomorrow morning. I still can’t help but think a few of these teams that have started off so hot will cool down before too long but I’m not a betting man or a very smart man
yeah anything can happen but I definitely think at least 2 of Philly, Washington, NYI fall out of the race, if not all 3. I see them being so far back they are clear sellers come the trade deadline. NJ will probably heat up at some point, Pens I'm not convinced can realistically compete for a top 3 metro spot but they are better than the first 3 I mentioned. I'd actually be quite surprised if Metro top 3 aren't Rags, Devils and us in some order.

Reactions: AD Skinner

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I love Cam Atkinson. Teammate gets rocked and the mighty mite who needs to jump up just to throw a punch tackles the guy and starts trying to throw little baby haymakers. That’s not his job or his role but he isn’t scoring so he does whatever work needs getting done. Good on him.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Good to see that the Capitals will be coming back to the pack now.
I realize TDA is getting his buyout money as well, but just found it amusing that Bear signed a deal for $2.06M / year and TDA signed one for $1.675 / year and has been a healthy extra.

Frankly, I'm surprised Bear got that much, but I read that Vancouver, and a few other teams were interested so it probably drove the price up. Vancouver fans said he played well for them last year. Maybe it's another case where he's just not suited for the Canes "weird" system.

Selfishly for the Canes, I hope he does terribly in WSH.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I realize TDA is getting his buyout money as well, but just found it amusing that Bear signed a deal for $2.06M / year and TDA signed one for $1.675 / year and has been a healthy extra.

Frankly, I'm surprised Bear got that much, but I read that Vancouver, and a few other teams were interested so it probably drove the price up. Vancouver fans said he played well for them last year. Maybe it's another case where he's just not suited for the Canes "weird" system.

Selfishly for the Canes, I hope he does terribly in WSH.
Teams who needed a RHD were kinda forced to sign for that much. Bear’s insurance was paying him at a rate of 3 million per year for his injury. So to entice Bear to actually play he needed to be paid enough to make it worth getting off the couch this year

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I’ve seen Bear be a solid d man before and after us. I think he wasn’t 100% when he was with us and that was it. We gave up and moved on. I think he’s pretty easily a solid third pair guy. If we didn’t have Chatfield I think Bear would be a good replacement.

The issue for him here is joining mid season and having to catchup to game speed. Usually goes poorly for players of any skill level.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I’ve seen Bear be a solid d man before and after us. I think he wasn’t 100% when he was with us and that was it. We gave up and moved on. I think he’s pretty easily a solid third pair guy. If we didn’t have Chatfield I think Bear would be a good replacement.

Could be this. I think we’ve seen enough new dmen come and go to know it’s a crazy adjustment to our system for them. He never looked comfortable and I don’t think he ever received enough ice time in total to figure it out.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
Could be this. I think we’ve seen enough new dmen come and go to know it’s a crazy adjustment to our system for them. He never looked comfortable and I don’t think he ever received enough ice time in total to figure it out.
I thought he looked solid enough to start the year until he got Covid and he never bounced back from that.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Quick may have just had a SotY candidate, blocked the first shot, then while laying down lifted his leg and stopped the open-net rebound chance with the back of his leg

• Wow
Reactions: skipnjump

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Quick may have just had a SotY candidate, blocked the first shot, then while laying down lifted his leg and stopped the open-net rebound chance with the back of his leg

Yeah, watching this game. I really hope both teams lose.

Also, I've really like Sam Rosen for a long time, and while his play calling seems spot on and still quick, his between whistles and pre-game chatting seems really slow and forced. Like he's having to think about his words. Getting old sucks, people.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Yeah, watching this game. I really hope both teams lose.

Also, I've really like Sam Rosen for a long time, and while his play calling seems spot on and still quick, his between whistles and pre-game chatting seems really slow and forced. Like he's having to think about his words. Getting old sucks, people.
Cousins just tried to kill Bob on the Rags 2nd goal...he got caught back alone 2-on-1 and Bob came way out for the save and after he got scored on Cousins full-on body checked him

Reactions: Bub
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad